One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-08-07 16:54:45

testo

Re: Moderate Your Forum, Jason.

So you banned Morti of all people??? fucking assholes.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#27 2019-08-07 16:58:45

RedComb

sigmen4020 wrote:

I presume this post is sarcasm, because if it isn't, it's fucking stupid.

Regulating spam is what you expect on a forum, and complaining against enforcing it is idiotic.

You would have nothing but garbage on your forum if you don't enforce it.

You presume correctly, and I'm glad you do, because if you couldn't tell that was sarcasm, then you'd be fucking stupid.

Regulating griefing is also what you'd expect in a multiplayer game that emphasizes social interplay, and enabling and encouraging it because it is "inevitable and interesting" is idiotic.

You would have nothing but garbage in your game if you didn't try to curtail griefing.

#28 2019-08-07 16:59:23

JonySky
Website

RedComb wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Regulating spam is what you expect on a forum, and complaining against enforcing it is idiotic.

You presume correctly, and I'm glad you do, because if you couldn't tell that was sarcasm, then you'd be fucking stupid.

Regulating griefing is also what you'd expect in a multiplayer game that emphasizes social interplay, and enabling and encouraging it because it is "inevitable and interesting" is idiotic.

You would have nothing but garbage in your game if you didn't try to curtail griefing.

+1

#29 2019-08-07 17:00:55

sigmen4020

RedComb wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Ya got me.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#30 2019-08-07 23:37:37

DestinyCall

jord1990 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Out of curiosity, if I report griefer brag threads, will they get banned?   Those posts bother me a lot more than Morti's gifs.

As much as I'd like to no, those threads are saddly not against Jasons rules. Id like to make a rule against it. But thats above my paygrade. I do think that the people who respond to those threads instead of just ignoring them are just as much to blame for the toxicity it spreads as the people making them.

Follow-up question - where can I find  the forum posting rules?   I was looking around early to see if they were stickied somewhere and I failed to locate them.   I assume they must be somewhere and I just missed them.  I don't usually worry about it, because it is pretty easy to understand what will get you in trouble.  But this has made me wonder if I should be reporting certain things when i see them.

#31 2019-08-08 00:27:20

jord1990

DestinyCall wrote:
jord1990 wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Out of curiosity, if I report griefer brag threads, will they get banned?   Those posts bother me a lot more than Morti's gifs.

As much as I'd like to no, those threads are saddly not against Jasons rules. Id like to make a rule against it. But thats above my paygrade. I do think that the people who respond to those threads instead of just ignoring them are just as much to blame for the toxicity it spreads as the people making them.

Follow-up question - where can I find  the forum posting rules?   I was looking around early to see if they were stickied somewhere and I failed to locate them.   I assume they must be somewhere and I just missed them.  I don't usually worry about it, because it is pretty easy to understand what will get you in trouble.  But this has made me wonder if I should be reporting certain things when i see them.

Forum rules follow the same be nice and dont be to disruptive rules as found on the discord. Maybe we should have a rules sticky. But thats up to Jason in the end.

Unless you are false reporting on purpose you wont get into trouble for reporting stuff we dont think is rule breaking in the end. so when in doubt just report it.

#32 2019-08-08 03:17:24

Spoonwood

sigmen4020 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
The_Anabaptist wrote:

Maybe you missed the line in the last news update where Jason said he's taking vacation with the family for the next two weeks?

Cut him a little slack.

The_Anabaptist

He should have hired help a long time ago.

Doesn’t he already have moderators? Or are they just cosmetic tags?

Sorry.  I wasn't clear.  I meant with respect to programmers/game designers he should have hired help long ago.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#33 2019-08-09 00:36:39

Peaches

I don't mean just this week. I mean all of time.
I get that mods are people, but they should be able to tell troublesome posts without having to have them reported. They should be watching the forums, as is the job they were trusted with.

For example; Explain why these posts were tolerated at the time. I searched one word to find easy examples; these definitely aren't the only offenders. The serial "grief braggers" are generally people I'd have cracked down on hard for spam in the mod's position.

And yes, it's a shame that Morti was banned. They were one of the few people here capable of coherent speech and argument, but I'm happy to see the mods doing something about spam. The fact that Morti was one of the only people hit for it is what's the saddest part.

Forum title: "Fag"
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7351

Whatever wrote:

fag

Mr meeseeks wrote:
Whatever wrote:

fag

I hope you get hit by a bus.. Irl

Whatever wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:
Whatever wrote:

fag

I hope you get hit by a bus.. Irl

I hope you get hit by a fag.. Irl

PXshadow wrote:
Mr meeseeks wrote:

Wow. It's sad how many people are actually defending it. I thought ohol had a more intelligent player base.... It is not just a word. It is morally repugnant, akin to the word "nigger." It's not ok.

Yes words regardless of the context decide morality, makes perfect sense.... in a niggardly world.

AmberA wrote:

The thing is it's not just a word, it's hate speech.

Anything you say I define as hate speech. Which now means I have the right to kill you with your own logic, make even more sense.

MultiLife wrote:

A mature person knows how to handle different personalities and knows how to avoid conflict.

Okay reasonable.

MultiLife wrote:

If you have weapon, you are free to use it however you wish.

And the mental hospital now awaits....

YAHG wrote:

I think it is funny when people self censor the word nigger on the internet..

It's like this forum is frequented solely by children and lonely old men... which might not be too far from the truth.

And before anyone claims "language policing," I'll say this: If you wouldn't scream it to the heavens in a public space or in the middle of class, don't say it in what should be a semi-polite conversational space. I get that arguments online happen and are healthy parts of discussion, but the way some people act here is just... something else. I'm especially looking at the people who insult Jason at every turn, without giving anything constructive past "ur game sux u sux fuk u loliolol," which is exactly how I read half of these posts.

It's making a bad image for anyone new to the game that comes here.

Last edited by Peaches (2019-08-09 00:40:44)

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#34 2019-08-09 02:22:35

RedComb

Peaches wrote:

I don't disagree with your point, I'm curious what your objections to PXShadow's post are though.

Is it the mental hospital comment or the use of the word niggardly?

If it's the use of the word niggardly, well FYI, niggardly is often misconstrued to have a connection to nigger because of their similar sound, but they actually have no etymological relation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controver … _niggardly

I imagine this is precisely why PXShadow used the word, to highlight how people can sometimes mistake speech as hateful or offensive out of ignorance when it is actually a word that's totally unrelated to racism (though no stranger to controversy).

Last edited by RedComb (2019-08-09 05:57:54)

#35 2019-08-09 06:10:36

DestinyCall

RedComb wrote:
Peaches wrote:

I don't disagree with your point, I'm curious what your objections to PXShadow's post are though.

Is it the mental hospital comment or the use of the word niggardly?

If it's the use of the word niggardly, well FYI, niggardly is often misconstrued to have a connection to nigger because of their similar sound, but they actually have no etymological relation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controver … _niggardly

I imagine this is precisely why PXShadow used the word, to highlight how people can sometimes mistake speech as hateful or offensive out of ignorance when it is actually a word that's totally unrelated to racism (though no stranger to controversy).

I am guessing it is because his entire post was arguing in defense of using the word "fag" as an insult.

#36 2019-08-09 07:35:12

RedComb

DestinyCall wrote:

I am guessing it is because his entire post was arguing in defense of using the word "fag" as an insult.

Oops, my bad. Only skimmed that post when reading it on my phone and missed the core topic that they were discussing. Understand now. Thanks.

#37 2019-08-09 09:17:21

jord1990

How many of these post did you actually report peaches? Im going to take a wild guess that the answer is 0. considering you also didnt report the person in question that caused you to make this entire thread.

I dont even come close to reading every single post. I do however read every single report.

#38 2019-08-09 11:27:44

sigmen4020

I’m kinda beginning to see Morti’s side at this point. Jason has done nothing but run his game into the ground in the last updates, and the community at large is only interested in name-calling him because “muh valid criticism”. Hope both sides choke on their hate for each other. They deserve nothing less. The community has turned into a toxic cesspit and it is truly tragic.

#39 2019-08-09 14:13:00

WumboJumbo

jord1990 wrote:
JonySky wrote:

Morti had more than 500 posts and I never thought it was a problem for this forum ... I don't know why he behaves this way now ... wouldn't it be better to try talking to him?
instead of banging it??

This spamming fest together with his personal attacks towards another member was enough for us to give him 2 weeks of time off. In this time he can cool down and decide if he wants to be a serious member of the community.

He is and always will be a serious member of this community. Might as well “cool down” everybody else here.

#40 2019-08-14 21:55:54

Peaches

This thread derailed quite a bit with the last couple posts, but I'm bumping it this one time for Jason to see now that he's back online.

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#41 2019-08-15 01:40:40

kubassa
Banned

sigmen4020 wrote:

the community at large is only interested in name-calling him because “muh valid criticism”. Hope both sides choke on their hate for each other. They deserve nothing less. The community has turned into a toxic cesspit and it is truly tragic.

That is what happens when you open a game up on STEAM. You get the best of the best. I do find it funny you resort to the very thing you criticize. You are just as TOXIC as those you see as toxic....... Maybe it's you?

I got huge ballz.

#42 2019-08-15 14:32:47

sigmen4020

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

the community at large is only interested in name-calling him because “muh valid criticism”. Hope both sides choke on their hate for each other. They deserve nothing less. The community has turned into a toxic cesspit and it is truly tragic.

That is what happens when you open a game up on STEAM. You get the best of the best. I do find it funny you resort to the very thing you criticize. You are just as TOXIC as those you see as toxic....... Maybe it's you?

Maybe because I stopped bothering? Noone honestly seems to care about the game anymore, so if you can't beat them join them. Currently I play more CCM than the regular game because I'm sick and tired of the shouting match between Jason and his devoted haters. So I've quite frankly stopped caring about coming off as agreeable.

#43 2019-08-15 14:34:40

sigmen4020

kubassa wrote:

This is how i read this guys response.

cry cry waaa waaa cry
waa waa waa cry cry boo hoo sniff sniff cry
boo hoo sniff cry waa waa cry cry sniff
cry cry cry waa waa waa sniff
cry cry I am a cry baby

Also I find it quite hilarious that a guy who posts stuff like this is lecturing me about toxicity.

Hey pal, take a hike.

#44 2019-08-16 01:53:17

kubassa
Banned

sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Also I find it quite hilarious that a guy who posts stuff like this is lecturing me about toxicity.

Hey pal, take a hike.

How is what I typed toxic? FYI it is NOT snowflake.
I'm calling you a cry baby. Everyone can see that you are. That is all you do on these forums is cry about everything. You are the very "TOXIC" person that you are complaining about. Then you try and explain it away as you don't care any more because Jason isn't listening to you. LOL grow up and go play something else and stop spewing the rest of us with your nonsense.

Ty.

I got huge ballz.

#45 2019-08-16 02:12:38

DestinyCall

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Hey pal, take a hike.

I'm calling you a cry baby. Everyone can see that you are. That is all you do on these forums is cry about everything. You are the very "TOXIC" person that you are complaining about. Then you try and explain it away as you don't care any more because Jason isn't listening to you. LOL grow up and go play something else and stop spewing the rest of us with your nonsense.

Ty.

This is how I read this guy's response:

Toxic toxic toxic toxic toxic
So toxic. So hostile. So triggered. LOL
Spew spew spew. Toxic toxic toxic.
Toxic toxic I'm (not) a snowflake toxic toxic.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-08-16 02:19:40)

#46 2019-08-16 07:37:45

sigmen4020

kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:
kubassa wrote:

cry cry waaa waaa cry
cry cry I am a cry baby

Hey pal, take a hike.

Ty.

You don’t seem to get me at all wow. You’ve just latched on to the few posts I complain, cherrypick them and then say that’s all I do. You didn’t seem to read my posts because I was actually complaining about the complaining. If you wanna bother people who only ever complains, try hitting up folks like Spoonwood and Redcomb. It’s getting clearer and clearer that I’m talking to an actual child, so sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-16 07:43:19)

#47 2019-08-16 07:38:55

sigmen4020

DestinyCall wrote:
kubassa wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

Hey pal, take a hike.

Ty.

This is how I read this guy's response:

Toxic toxic toxic toxic toxic
So toxic. So hostile. So triggered. LOL
Spew spew spew. Toxic toxic toxic.
Toxic toxic I'm (not) a snowflake toxic toxic.

+1

#48 2019-08-16 08:04:24

CatX

sigmen4020 wrote:

You didn’t seem to read my posts because I was actually complaining about the complaining.

Complaining about complaining is still complaining wink

#49 2019-08-16 09:20:47

sigmen4020

CatX wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

You didn’t seem to read my posts because I was actually complaining about the complaining.

Complaining about complaining is still complaining wink

Sure tongue, my main point was that he cherrypicked a few of posts of me complaining, and then said that it's all I ever do.

Board footer