One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 17:42:53

Grim_Arbiter

Killed for the first time since the war sword update.

Before I start, this isn't a brag or a boast. I realize that if I played the game more than one or two lives a day I might have different results.

So last night I was killed for the first time in a longgg time. I was a toddler stabbed by an eve. I shouldn't even count it since I could have used /die and not gotten technically murdered, but I still dont ever /die. It's funny to me that it took until now to get killed by a sword (I was knifed by own family in the warsword update) and I just wanted to let you in on something I noticed

An eve who methodically stands at your gate mashing it with a heart above their head is NO GOOD. Every time I've seen it they have been murderers. KILL THEM ON SIGHT. Leave the peaceful eves who stay in the wild or are looking for a town to restart alone.

You are better letting in a small child from another established family town as they haven't lost all their lives, or got banned from all families for being killed. Its more likely for two towns to have peace between eachother, rather than you and that random eve who is most likely going to run in and pick up the nearest weapon.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#2 2019-08-08 16:52:27

lilbogrusboi

Re: Killed for the first time since the war sword update.

Feels good right?

I'm still lagging

#3 2019-08-08 17:50:50

Saolin

Pretty surprising. It sounds like I play about as much as you and, let alone any other times, I've been killed deja vu style about 5 times: standing to the right of the fire, run up and to the right out of town, someone steps out from behind a tree with bow and arrow and shoots me then runs off with no words exchanged.

I'm starting to just ignore when the red exclamation marks pop up on the screen, running over to see what's happening is just exposing yourself to getting stabbed.  There used to be more of a trial, but now it just seems people are stabbing for the hell of it, with new people running onto the screen every few seconds with weapon drawn and stabbing whoever is holding a weapon or just nearby.. creating a stabbing chain.

#4 2019-08-08 20:32:41

Grim_Arbiter

Saolin wrote:

Pretty surprising. It sounds like I play about as much as you and, let alone any other times, I've been killed deja vu style about 5 times: standing to the right of the fire, run up and to the right out of town, someone steps out from behind a tree with bow and arrow and shoots me then runs off with no words exchanged.

I'm starting to just ignore when the red exclamation marks pop up on the screen, running over to see what's happening is just exposing yourself to getting stabbed.  There used to be more of a trial, but now it just seems people are stabbing for the hell of it, with new people running onto the screen every few seconds with weapon drawn and stabbing whoever is holding a weapon or just nearby.. creating a stabbing chain.

There has been death around me, I'm just either quick or lucky.. maybe a combo of both.

Well I was killed by an eve with a bow (right before that stabbing with the knife) and it made me like vow to be more observant in a village.

It also made me realize positioning is a big factor. You're wayyyy less likely to be killed if your running around constantly, with errands like iron or oil. Jobs like baking or smithing are more likely to be victims because they are stationary. I tend to do any job that needs to be done, but when I'm doing the stationary jobs, I try to be hypervigilant and armed.

I've also saved a lot of people with the medical aprons and have been saved myself. I try to always pass them down to someone who is probably going to stay in the village.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer