One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-05 06:50:09

Morti

smh

5:22 pm EST, Piper running faster than a man on a horse.

UVD2DgJ.jpg

#2 2019-08-05 06:56:57

Grim_Arbiter

Re: smh

Are you sure she wasn't on a horse? Ive had a glitch where someone was running like that away from me when I was on a horse. When I eventually caught up to them the horse appeared below them, and was just lagging.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-08-05 06:57:48)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-08-05 08:42:02

Morti

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Are you sure she wasn't on a horse? Ive had a glitch where someone was running like that away from me when I was on a horse. When I eventually caught up to them the horse appeared below them, and was just lagging.

They were in range of view for awhile, they ran onto my screen and were there for more than a few full seconds as I thought they were an Eve and was going to give them my clothing.

I kept up with them for awhile.

I'm well aware of the usual bugs, this was not usual. I wouldn't make a post about it if I didn't know better.

I didn't chase them for more than 100 steps, because, as you can see, my food meter was running out, but I did follow them long enough to know that they were naked and moving at almost the exact same speed as a horse would travel.

There, I think, is the clue to what they are doing. I suspect they have found a way to tell the server they essentially, have a horse, without actually having one. I have seen this sort of movement before, at least three times now. Once by someone carrying a knife and another time carrying a bow. This is not a problem of information not loading on my end, this is different.

I don't want to spend days trying to suss out how this can be possible, I hate looking at code, it's dry and uninteresting to me. I'd much rather be looking at the stars.

Speaking of which, it's a nice night out tonight and the Sun is about to ruin the view, so I'm going to continue taking it in view before it's too late. Just had that picture, the name and the time saved in a much more, impolite, message from yesterday. Just figured I'd put the info out there, before things get worse.

Replays won't work with hetuw's mod, I guess, or I'd or I'd get more screenshots of the encounter and you could get a sense how long it lasted.
Yes, I see the irony of that. I wasn't always ok using coordinate mods, view mods or even threat mods. I don't want to play the game without the art that I have come to love, I have no desire for something like that, but this is arguably another matter.

What's next? Telling the game you should receive a milkweed stalk, but not that you took one? Holding multiple children at once? Spoofing coordinates to teleport actions?

Why can't this just be the chess of parenting?

I'm turning towards the Sun, there won't be many more summer nights like this for me.
Best I enjoy whats left of them.

#4 2019-08-05 09:15:09

Oblong

After my quick break and a few games I've noticed a common pattern when attempting murder on my side and the other player's side.

When I get the murder face: Targeted player starts whooshing and teleporting all over the place.

When they get the murder face: Run faster than I do on horse, killing me without fail.

It's a load of sheep dung.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#5 2019-08-05 09:33:01

Whatever

replays should work also with the hetuw mod, you can move the replay from the recordedGames folder into the playbackGame folder and then just start the mod and dont press anything.

to avoid bugs, make sure you have the latest version of the mod, it only checks for data updates, but not for client updates, so you can start run and play with it even if its outdated and that might cause issues.

Board footer