One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-04 08:45:37

Tempted

New guy in town

I've played a few times with my sons game, and finally got my own copy. Anyway, I was playing the tutorial. ( Easier to learn when your mom isn't abandoning you to starve, or everyone is getting stabbed by griefers)
You cut down the tree blocking the exit(Not sure how you got there) and helped me set up the kiln. I was able to get out and practice a whole lot more due to you good sir. Thank you, and I wish we could've understood each other. I'm not sure if you were trying to give me your backpack or not, so I didn't take it. You left, but when you came back, I had reset the area I guess by walking out. Sorry about that, didn't realize that would happen, or I'd have stayed inside for a bit longer. I'll be in there a lot over the next few days just to get things down more. Pretty hectic playing on the rift right now, and I don't want to make anyone angry with my lack of knowledge.

#2 2019-08-04 09:29:37

Grim_Arbiter

Re: New guy in town

Tempted wrote:

I've played a few times with my sons game, and finally got my own copy. Anyway, I was playing the tutorial. ( Easier to learn when your mom isn't abandoning you to starve, or everyone is getting stabbed by griefers)
You cut down the tree blocking the exit(Not sure how you got there) and helped me set up the kiln. I was able to get out and practice a whole lot more due to you good sir. Thank you, and I wish we could've understood each other. I'm not sure if you were trying to give me your backpack or not, so I didn't take it. You left, but when you came back, I had reset the area I guess by walking out. Sorry about that, didn't realize that would happen, or I'd have stayed inside for a bit longer. I'll be in there a lot over the next few days just to get things down more. Pretty hectic playing on the rift right now, and I don't want to make anyone angry with my lack of knowledge.

Its nice when someone breaks someone out, or helps like that.

Jason has talked about adding on to the tutorial. Even just one pit of soil and a pond with a few various seeds next to it would probably be enough of an addition.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-08-04 15:22:12

BladeWoods

Nice Tempted, if you didn't know, you can use this to learn how to make everything: https://onetech.info/

#4 2019-08-04 22:38:37

Tempted

Thanks. That helped a lot. I figured if I could get to the point where I could break myself out of the tutorial area, then I'd be good enough to join the rift and contribute. I almost made it last time, but I kept misclicking and another double click left me with a pickaxe and axe and no shovel at 56. Didn't have time or resources to make new shovel, but almost. The controls are a little frustrating at times.

Board footer