One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-04 05:16:24

OminousBladeBlank

Why Peace is Great for War & War Signs

Gauging the wealth of a city is strongly linked to steel. Steel is also one of the more invasive choke resources of the game.

With the new meta dictating large, gated communities as best for our fitness, the addition of peace has mad war an even more viable strategy for intergenerational play.

For the low cost of one steel per sword and an intermediate tech level, a city can be outfitted rather inexpensively.

Before peace was a mechanic, sole families would try to control sword and weapon production to maintain power. The family with the most weapons can maintain power.

Now, communities are given a non-violent option that forces discrimination between friendly families and hostile families.

Since the update, I have been involved in wealthy communities that declare peace, produce large quantities of swords, and amass war-ready forces nearing double digits where the most I would see before would be closer to 4.

Now there isn't as likely the temptation for an internal power struggle within communities, and there is less of a reason to restrict certain families from access to violence.

Anyone attracted to this post may also be interested in starting a thread of signs or methods of navigating to or identifying hostile communities. I know that the metods I use to locate cities is rather standard - I look for increasing signs of human interaction.

Plop some ideas or perhaps start developing signs you can easily produce in the wild that indicate certain instructions, like a warriors-cant.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer