One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-02 22:43:32

Lava

New changes are headed in the right direction!!!

Very nice Jason! Although I have been pretty critical of this update it's getting so much better!! Can't wait till the Diesal Iron mine comes out!!!

#2 2019-08-02 22:52:33

NotAnotherBird

Re: New changes are headed in the right direction!!!

Agreed

#3 2019-08-02 23:57:28

BlueDiamondAvatar

I have had a great set of lives lately.  Worrying more about finite milkweed, green bean seeds, squash seeds, etc. is actually making the game more interesting.  And when i play scavenger, it's much easier to find juicy troves of clothes... cause everyone died within a horsecart range of somewhere.

My one harsh life... was in a family that lived outside the main towns, and it was the realest experience of being the poor outsider I can imagine having.  Saw the milkweed growing inside the town and gasped at the abundance!

This is working.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#4 2019-08-03 01:28:12

Legs

I've been mostly staying away while the game is updated. Today I decided to play several lives. Some things have become apparent.

One, people are too close together. It's common to see multiple people from different families in a lifetime. Towns have resorted to walling themselves off with fences to keep dangerous foreigners out. The one life I lived in a town without a fence a single foreigner with a war sword murdered literally everyone in my family. In fact most of my lives today ended up with murder. Previously I nearly always lived to die of old age.

Two, with the immediate proximity of hostile outsiders leaving town is VERY dangerous. One life I lived to 40 before realizing I didn't even know where the gate *was* in town. It's forcing people to become hermits because leaving town turns the game into battle royale mode.

Three, because of this induced hermetic lifestyle resources outside of town are abundant. Nobody goes out to scavenge and the people that do very often die. The first time I left town I was murdered immediately. It was so close that I walked back and died at the gate. Resource competition within the rift isn't about the resources, it's about territory. It's not a question of scarcity it's one of patrolling your territory and killing all trespassers on sight.

This is still better than when the rift was first introduced, but it's still drastically changing the tone of the game to be about paranoia and war.
Not really the cozy cooperative ciz building game that most of the player base signed up for, with this hostile kill-on-sight attitude.

Loco Motion

#5 2019-08-03 06:49:59

Villas

Well, for sure the game is less boring.
I’ve been murdered more, but at least my deaths generally were due to someone raiding my town, someone shooting me to steal my stuff outside town and whatsoever, but 95% of them were from different families. So now I feel more safe nearby my family, I can triste them more, at least when there are more than one family in the rift box.

There are more jobs being created, wall builders are getting more experienced and making better and better magic fences, since a stone wall is more vulnerable than twig fences. Some military jobs are starting to grow as well, people definitively are interacting more. I feel like I’m in some universe parallel with communist kingdoms without a king or a dictator.

I’m really liking it, because I’m seeing he is testing and improving, not just doing whathever he thinks is right.

I hope trading, currencies get to be a thing in OHOL. Because nowadays the most common interaction between families is war. Now, with the new PEACE update it might changes a bit creating a multi-family town that can’t aniquilate each other with a sword soon or later, what will be very interesting to see.

Board footer