One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-02 10:05:40

lilbogrusboi

Fix Milkweed

After your whole arc update, it's been very hard for eves to start up a village without finding an old town that's been abandoned and moving in, the reason I think is because of the complete lack of milkweed. Like in these past 2 days I have not seen a single piece of natural spawning milkweed besides what's outside the rift. I'm not going to tell you how because I don't have 15 years of coding experience so yeah. Just fix it.

I'm still lagging

#2 2019-08-02 11:41:31

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Re: Fix Milkweed

I also think it's the lack of loose iron laying around.
It's impossible to get a place started without tools. There may be veins, but that doesn't help an Eve. Loose iron needs to respawn.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#3 2019-08-02 12:08:37

RodneyC86

Welp, current rift design is made so that civilization end at some point. I wouldn't object to more tech that can get you more iron. Maybe deep shaft iron mining which requires a civ to expend even more resources to reach.

At back of my mind, irrelevant but...

Why must each arc end with exhaustion and extinction? Can we have a space race? First family to send a colony rocket to space gets a photo shoot of all family members in a colony pod in the front page hall of fame.
A successful launch triggers an arc 'victory' . Yeah I know its mainstream and 'popular' but at this point, I actually want a more conventional update to happen

#4 2019-08-02 17:03:07

ollj

there was never ever enough milkweed anywhere.
its not even a rift thing.

#5 2019-08-02 17:49:41

Thaulos

This is most likely a consequence of the Eve Window being removed in favor of an eternal eve spiral.

To settle a sustainable town you need at the very least 8 milkweed (hatchet plus bow drill) and ideally 14 (add in bow and arrow for mouflon. Add in the fact that skewers and iron are most likely depleted to some extent and you will need even more for stone hoes and whatnot. It will be a lot harder, specially if milkweed have been foraged to exhaustion and not even seeds are available.

Also the loose iron issue slinky mentioned.

Add in the language barrier and the near impossibility of proper trading and you force eves to either repopulate towns that already died (often because they werent sustainable) or you force them to be feral eves. Can try assimilating into existing communities but more often than not you and your children will be killed.

I don't think eternal eve spiral is compatible with the Rift at all.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-08-02 18:32:42)

Board footer