One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-29 11:27:40

voy178

If this is the future we will need new stuff

Small map means people will bump into each other more than ever which could be a good thing I guess.

This is a prime time to add

- Adams and fathers.

- Family branches, clans and personal surname for your immediate family. It's not unique enough as it is now.

- Marriage. It all ties in nicely.

Also, we can't be expected to survive on the limited number of resources as they are now. It would be better to either cheapen the current cost of iron tools, buildings and other stuff so that we'll actually have enough time to create somewhat interesting societies (at least longer than a few hours).

Jason wants us to create a bustling society, and that could happen but only if we don't have to grind and cut corners to make it. Killing children or people who "misuse" resources which leave us struggling to make more stuff to make a city interesting, is not the way forward.

#2 2019-07-29 11:39:04

Grim_Arbiter

Re: If this is the future we will need new stuff

voy178 wrote:

Small map means people will bump into each other more than ever which could be a good thing I guess.

This is a prime time to add

- Adams and fathers.

- Family branches, clans and personal surname for your immediate family. It's not unique enough as it is now.

- Marriage. It all ties in nicely.

Also, we can't be expected to survive on the limited number of resources as they are now. It would be better to either cheapen the current cost of iron tools, buildings and other stuff so that we'll actually have enough time to create somewhat interesting societies (at least longer than a few hours).

Jason wants us to create a bustling society, and that could happen but only if we don't have to grind and cut corners to make it. Killing children or people who "misuse" resources which leave us struggling to make more stuff to make a city interesting, is not the way forward.

I think we're gonna get something like that mixed with some github fixes

Can confirm there will most likely be a change that will aid multi race/lineage towns soon, but that's all I can say.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-07-29 12:25:18

Morti

voy178 wrote:

we can't be expected to survive on the limited number of resources as they are now.

Branches grow back.
Berries grow back.
Cacti grow back.
Ponds and wells slowly refill.
Soil can be created.

We really only need food, but warmth helps to reduce food consumption.

Everything else is a luxury.

We're just life.

We don't need iron, except to carry oxygen, in our blood.
(and perhaps a few other biological functions I'm unaware of)

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to be more than just alive, and will lead you to futility.
(less they are building a rocketship)
((please tell me if they do))

#4 2019-07-29 12:27:46

Morti

Some of the best games of all time, have been based around less.
Electronic, or otherwise.

#5 2019-07-29 12:33:35

Lum

What's the point of marriage? I don't see a single reason why it would be necessary in OHOL, except simply to imitate the awful, awful real world we live in.

Last edited by Lum (2019-07-29 12:33:45)

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#6 2019-07-29 16:13:53

The_Anabaptist

Without milkweed, your fires will die from the lack of kindling & your farms will die from a lack of tilling.  An hour of clicking on wild berry bushes isn't much of a game.

And adding marriage and the like is such a red herring right now.

The_Anabaptist

#7 2019-07-29 22:47:07

mrbah

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

[
I think we're gonna get something like that mixed with some github fixes

I think we're gonna get the plague and cholera.

Think about it, you were born as an infant suffering from the burbonic plague and made it to the tender age of eleven, before succumbing to a horrible disease, that's awesome!

Board footer