One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-06 03:46:33

Maximoose

What happened?

So I just started playing again, last played a couple hours ago and apparently everything got destroyed and now there are mostly eves and eve babies... I haven't seen an advanced civilizations, I have spawned from an eve 7 times in a row now, is this true?

#2 2018-04-06 03:52:37

rhitmojo

Re: What happened?

Maximoose wrote:

So I just started playing again, last played a couple hours ago and apparently everything got destroyed and now there are mostly eves and eve babies... I haven't seen an advanced civilizations, I have spawned from an eve 7 times in a row now, is this true?

Someone triggered an apocalypse, and apparently it affects all servers.  Global reset.

#3 2018-04-06 04:22:39

Maximoose

rhitmojo wrote:
Maximoose wrote:

Someone triggered an apocalypse, and apparently it affects all servers.  Global reset.

Thats awful

#4 2018-04-06 04:23:26

rhitmojo

Maximoose wrote:
rhitmojo wrote:
Maximoose wrote:

Thats awful

Tell me about it.

#5 2018-04-06 08:12:04

Maximoose

Wait.. so why was this added to the game?

#6 2018-04-06 08:16:05

Aname

jasonrohrer wrote:

Not griefers, exactly.

I feel like the game kinda stagnates once people reach the upper levels of tech.  Obviously, there's nothing left to "do" at that point.

I'm going to be adding content to the game every week, but for the foreseeable future, people will be able to catch up to me before the end of the week.

It's impossible for me to make content that will take you MORE than a week to play through if I only spend a week making it.  In fact, so far, it has taken people a few hours to play through the content that I spend a week making.

The idea is that there will be an apocalypse trigger in the upper reaches of the tech tree.  But it will move and change each week, going further up as the tech moves further up.

And, when people get really bored of high-level tech, they can trigger it and start over again.  But every week, it gets harder and harder to trigger as it moves further up the tech tree.

Eventually, when I'm done adding tech to the game in 2 years, the apocalypse trigger would be a nuclear bomb or something like that.  And it will hopefully take people a full week or more to get to that point in tech.

After all, this IS a game about what it's like to build civilization from scratch, if we had to.

Over the past 2+ weeks, people hadn't really been doing that anymore, as civilization had become established.

Anyway, I'll be keeping a close eye on this and adjusting it along the way.

thats why

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#7 2018-04-06 09:17:39

Aname

2nd apocalypse already happend game is doomed to die.

a game with much potential just died.

it can only be saved if apocalypse gets harder and please make griefing harder.

#8 2018-04-06 09:20:46

Graeger

People say the game is dead every week lol

#9 2018-04-06 09:24:54

Aname

Graeger wrote:

People say the game is dead every week lol

yea but its really ded now bcuz they are trying for more and more apocalypses. so there prob are more apocalypses during the day.

so dont bother even making things now.

#10 2018-04-06 09:28:03

TrustyWay

The apocalypse just rekt all people's hours of work. I will really avoid to play if this real

#11 2018-04-06 09:29:42

Aname

TrustyWay wrote:

The apocalypse just rekt all people's hours of work. I will really avoid to play if this real

Its real. and the 2nd apocalypse happend too. and they are working on the 3 one right now.

#12 2018-04-06 09:44:06

TrustyWay

Aname wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

Its real. and the 2nd apocalypse happend too. and they are working on the 3 one right now.

I was sure this was an april joke. Now I am really starting to guess this is Jason himself the digger of berry bushes.

Nobody will ever reach 31 generations with the game system, I will never see my family spread around or leave my mark to this world. I thought the world was big enough so we don't have to restart 4 times a day. Why people will work ? How can I leave a legacy ? Game is changing line, it mights no more be what we thought it would be.

Pretty sad to know that we all did is shit

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-06 09:51:42)

#13 2018-04-06 15:09:04

fragilityh14

yeah I also thought the point was that the world is essentially infinite and won't be reset, though I also see his point about the tech tree. I can't imagine why it does all servers at once.

i do like the surviving from scratch part, and actually had great success starting a family as an eve yesterday (unfortunately I had been gone a week and didn't know how the naming function worked...out well, there's been 4 apocalypses)

It's really quite sad to think of all the work we put in just trying to make a society where we aren't all living hand to mouth.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#14 2018-04-06 15:55:13

Babipoki

Have just this one server who won't reset from apocalypse. Just for those who bought the game expecting that feature to stay. I'm okay with apocalypse - it gives new perspective.

#15 2018-04-06 20:27:16

Maximoose

I am not evening playing anymore, not until this goes away, you can't make progress if it resets every 2 hours, no fun, for me at least

Board footer