One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-28 23:49:39

The_Anabaptist

The grind is real

Just spent an "interesting" life under the new feudal serfdom system.

Town was without any hoes, metal or stone, but did have a couple bowls of milkweed seed.  I left town early in life, hoping to stumble upon some milkweed.  Fortunately, I found a small failed town with a working stone hoe and hustled back.  Forced to abandon my first baby along the way, as the hoe was vital in my eyes.

Was able to get milkweed planted, but water was a problem.  Fortunately, my ancestors built a long road to a shallow well.  So bowl by painful bowl, I watered the first five milkweeds and got a second hoe made.  Had some more children, who I impressed upon the importance of milkweed production.  They were very smart, and had a flurishing farm going in no time, allowing me to focus on dirt deliveries by wagon.

A raider in a horse and cart came and stole a stone hoe.  Fortunately, we had plenty of extra milkweed at that point.  Spent my old age collecting round rocks to be fashioned into more stone hoes for generations to come.

Thus I lived the life of a serf.  One of many to come for myself and my children, I expect.

Goodbye shiny metal robots, you are a fading dream...

The_Anabaptist

#2 2019-07-29 04:42:16

PXshadow

Re: The grind is real

You should have built fences, and not live under the rule of other people, go be free and embrace private property. I don't know what you expected from a bunch of communal hippies before. To somehow with no coordination mass produce robots. Good luck on that one.

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#3 2019-07-29 16:06:04

The_Anabaptist

Re: The grind is real

You completely missed the point of the story, but whatever.

At one point, the town did have a property fence, but no gate to the south in my lifetime and the far north was open, which is how I got out to find the stone hoe in the first place.  I don't regret prioritizing the saving of the town over the occasional theft of items.  But the game will get old real fast if we are stuck in perpetual cycle of regression back to the Stone Age without hope of advancement.  Pretty soon we will be asking for stone wheels and wooden shovels to be added to the tech tree.

The_Anabaptist

Board footer