One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-29 12:30:37

sigmen4020

Suggestion: Observation mode

Okay so I just tried out You are Hope, the unofficial mobile version of OHOL. I don’t think I’ll be playing it a great deal in the future for two reasons:

1. Controls are really clunky. Can’t imagine smithing under those conditions.

2. The playerbase is really low. Even lower than OHOL. Only server that seems to be up over there is the easy server.

So I played a two lives. One I died of starvation at 5 like a noob. And the other I spent most of my life relocating my family to a better town I found while exploring. Died at 52 because the camp was lacking I starved myself to make way for new generations.

After I died I was kicked out to the main screen with the family tree and I noticed a neat feature. It was behind a pay wall so I bought it to check it out. This feature is the observation mode.

The observation mode in YaH allows you to spectate your family after you died. It’s a pretty simple feature but neat nonetheless and I would love if it was also in this game. I personally would care a lot more about my fictional family, if I knew I could check in with them every once in a while to see how they are doing even without actually being physically present.

It could be a great way to make us care more about our family’s survival without implementing gimmicks forcing us to. Ergo you would make us care more naturally.

That’s my two cents on the subject. What do you guys think about a potential observation mode? Would any of you be using it if it was there?

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#2 2019-07-29 12:45:34

miskas

Re: Suggestion: Observation mode

I would for sure!

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#3 2019-07-29 13:36:54

Tizzy

I’d love that a lot, even if it only lasted till say, my grandchildren died or something.

#4 2019-07-29 14:55:09

Joseph Stalin

maybe you had to make sacrifices to your ancestors to allow that to happen to your family

#5 2019-07-29 15:44:41

Karrots

I don't think that's possible. People would start observing families and playing God. Telling people through discord who the bad apples are and where to find the hidden knives. Though this sounds like a good thing, it's technically abusing mechanics and will majorly change the game. It'll be too easy when you know where all the resources are and who's bad and who's good. It's asking for trouble, and I don't think Jason is ready to deal with the gameplay completely changing like that..

#6 2019-07-29 20:04:25

Mr meeseeks

I started out playing you are hope, and spectating is the one thing I miss most. I would love to see it in ohol.

It's nice to be able to see how things go for your kids after you're gone.

I'm Mr Meeseeks look at me.

#7 2019-07-30 10:03:20

sigmen4020

Karrots wrote:

I don't think that's possible. People would start observing families and playing God. Telling people through discord who the bad apples are and where to find the hidden knives. Though this sounds like a good thing, it's technically abusing mechanics and will majorly change the game. It'll be too easy when you know where all the resources are and who's bad and who's good. It's asking for trouble, and I don't think Jason is ready to deal with the gameplay completely changing like that..

Well we already have groups on discord that use coordinates in order to organize stuff like raids. Since third party stuff like that already exists I don’t how a simple spectator mode can be abused more. If we are too worried about stuff we add being abused nothing would ever be added.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-07-30 10:04:20)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

Board footer