One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-29 04:19:58

apereason

I was bored so I made a hermit house.

hermithouse3457345l

They got angry at me for eating food?
They couldn't get in so I just ran out occasionally while they tried to chase me with knifes and got food then quickly ran back in.
About halfway through I had decided to rejoin society but they were dead set on killing me, so I lived the rest of my life like this
They stabbed me in the end but I died of old age first smile
here's my line http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5059426

#2 2019-07-29 04:33:04

RodneyC86

Re: I was bored so I made a hermit house.

apereason wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/Ncx5Qit.jpg

They got angry at me for eating food?
They couldn't get in so I just ran out occasionally while they tried to chase me with knifes and got food then quickly ran back in.
About halfway through I had decided to rejoin society but they were dead set on killing me, so I lived the rest of my life like this
They stabbed me in the end but I died of old age first smile
here's my line http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5059426

Honestly, you could do worse. Living a hermit life is selfish but you're not directly harming everyone majorly. Sometimes it would feel nice to just sit back and enjoy the drama from within a safe box I guess

#3 2019-07-29 04:35:54

PXshadow

You go Rodney! Next step is a bigger property area and gathering mass amounts of wealth to trade and give to your kids.

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#4 2019-07-29 04:41:07

RodneyC86

PXshadow wrote:

You go Rodney! Next step is a bigger property area and gathering mass amounts of wealth to trade and give to your kids.

I did consider making a small sanctuary , in fact I think every nuclear family should have one to keep out the drama . Some things though needs to remain communal

Like the oven, kiln, forge should be in the town square , but bring your own kindling and iron. No stock pile should remain there.

Now that I think about it....what  anything else should really be communal?

Edit: oh yeah water, dammit lol. This one's a toughie.can we have a way to collect rainwater? Lol

Last edited by RodneyC86 (2019-07-29 04:46:40)

#5 2019-07-29 04:53:08

PXshadow

Very few things should be communally owned (a town square is one of them), production facilities like ovens and forges I think should be owned by individual people and most likely people will share and take up apprenticeships in order to build up the skills there, people should help produce permanent wealth for each other on there own property in order to pass it down through there families. What you get with communal ownership is an egalitarian divide of resources (keeping everyone poor and dis-empowering the most productive people), when really society should aim to empower the most productive individuals in order to better the society as a whole, following something along the lines of the Pareto distribution.

Last edited by PXshadow (2019-07-29 04:54:02)

PXshadow#9132
Senior full stack developer

#6 2019-07-29 04:56:50

RodneyC86

PXshadow wrote:

Very few things should be communally owned (a town square is one of them), production facilities like ovens and forges I think should be owned by individual people and most likely people will share and take up apprenticeships in order to build up the skills there, people should help produce permanent wealth for each other on there own property in order to pass it down through there families. What you get with communal ownership is an egalitarian divide of resources (keeping everyone poor and dis-empowering the most productive people), when really society should aim to empower the most productive individuals in order to better the society as a whole, following something along the lines of the Pareto distribution.

Makes sense I suppose. Slackers won't prosper if everyone kept useful items within their bounds out of their reach

Edit: also as bonus, if a griefer gets born into a house, at least only one house is screwed rather than potentially the entire settlement

Last edited by RodneyC86 (2019-07-29 05:18:31)

Board footer