One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-06 04:03:57

Turnipseed

portager

well the Apocalypse is just another tool for grievers and the need for worms to compost just makes playing that much harder. what are we supposed to do just start from scratch all the time? i enjoy the grind as much as anyone else, but this is ridiculous. it is way to easy for a solo player starting in a moderately advanced town to trigger the end of the world just for "funzies". i loved respawning in a town i helped found and getting to build upon it. not saying apocalypses are bad just too easy to trigger. if i spawned in a town with a pickaxe, and a cart i could easily do it in one life. come on now were just giving grievers more ways to screw us over.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#2 2018-04-06 04:22:31

Portager

Re: portager

Hello Turnipseed, thank you for being my first post-apocalyptic mother!

I agree, if it is this easy to trigger the Apocalypse, then what is the point of building a society?

#3 2018-04-06 04:25:37

Portager

By the way, eve Grimm and I got a decent home base established. Within two or three more spawns at that site, it could be a decent little city.

#4 2018-04-06 04:26:20

Antichthon

We've talked with Jason, he'll probably make it significantly harder in the future. It's definitely not going away, though. He sounds like he has his heart set on it.

#5 2018-04-06 04:31:47

Turnipseed

Antichthon wrote:

We've talked with Jason, he'll probably make it significantly harder in the future. It's definitely not going away, though. He sounds like he has his heart set on it.

i like the idea alot just seems like an easy way for grievers to screw over everything

#6 2018-04-06 04:45:44

walker

i think it is funny that it takes three people to tear down a wall but only one person to cause the Apocalypse.

#7 2018-04-06 05:16:21

stickyflypaper

Turnipseed wrote:
Antichthon wrote:

i like the idea alot just seems like an easy way for grievers to screw over everything

Hmm, kind of like in the real world. A large percent of the population is regularly screwed over by a few people with money and power, and they'll probably destroy everything someday.

#8 2018-04-06 05:20:25

Go! Bwah!

stickyflypaper wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:
Antichthon wrote:

Hmm, kind of like in the real world. A large percent of the population is regularly screwed over by a few people with money and power, and they'll probably destroy everything someday.

... and then the game will be hard and fun again wink

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#9 2018-04-06 05:39:03

Turnipseed

and yet i still get shot by some rando eve with a bow... wow thanks eve

#10 2018-04-06 12:44:25

Kouyate

People who stand around RP'ing their one life away just (eating all the pies and talking) are the ones who typically end up being "randomly shot" by villagers who feel like they are working too hard keeping all the loafers alive.

You can't stab or shoot a moving target.

It's just curious to see the same faces complaining about getting griefed over and over here on the forums.

#11 2018-04-06 15:12:16

fragilityh14

that is a fair point, about it being the same people. It rarely happens to me. I've been in a situation where I was frantically trying to keep a village alive grabbing water and seeds etc and everyone else appeared to just be standing around. it specifically kills me when someone does nothing but guard the seed carrots despite that people are starving and there are plenty of wild ones to harvest. In that life I ended up hanging out by berries with my baby and waiting for them to starve out then taking the village back over.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer