One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-27 20:06:47

Karrots

Okay what the heck happened while I was gone?

So I took a few days off to do absolutely nothing, then I come back to OHOL and for some reason everyone's screeching. I checked the news but there's no update there so I'm in the dark. Someone catch me up on what  ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶   holy update lord Jason has bestowed on us that has the forums in such a mess

#2 2019-07-27 20:10:35

SpiritBomb32

Re: Okay what the heck happened while I was gone?

Theres closed in areas now and at the edges are rifts that you cant go beyond, this apparently made everyone lose their shit.

- "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."
Add books, please Jason.

#3 2019-07-27 20:25:05

Karrots

SpiritBomb32 wrote:

Theres closed in areas now and at the edges are rifts that you cant go beyond, this apparently made everyone lose their shit.

Thanks. Do you know if this is just an event or are we going to be stuck with this forever?

#4 2019-07-27 22:04:07

ollj

#5 2019-07-27 22:12:16

AmberA

As far as I understand it's still a work in progress so the size of the square we're all trapped in might get larger as ,we, the guinea pigs report on the game play. Jason is still make adjustments but the biggest issues are that:

1. Limited space means limited resources. Iron and milkweed quickly became a rare commodity and once we're out, that's it. And if you don't have iron, then you can't upgrade your well, your town will die.

2. Griefing is still just as bad because now people are using the milkweed to make bows to kill others to steal their stuff. It's more PVP now.

3. Starting a city is VERY hard and food runs out fast. Which also means that you can't just give birth and feed your kids. You have to choose which kids to let die, which is most because you can't support them and they will eat up more food than the town can create. Most due to limited iron (causing very limited water).

4. There is a short window when eves spawn then once that closes, you are only born into a current family which also causes more and more kids to have to let starve.

Board footer