One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-27 16:40:31

The_Anabaptist

Last Female?

Tried getting born just now.  Same mom three times.  She's desperately running from a trail of crying newborns.

Frankly Jason, it is a bit ridiculous that I can't play your game in its current state.  Not that I don't want to, I just tried three times.  I can't cause I (and very many others) can't feed themselves and evidently none of us have a mother who can even try.

People, wake up, put a negative review on any site that will take it.  Be specific about how this game has been made to be unplayable.  Save others some money and a lot of grief. 

Jason, if you want to make such sweeping changes, I'm fine with that.  But do it on a beta server and don't port it over to the production server until the kinks are ironed out.

The_Anabaptist

#2 2019-07-27 16:52:01

ArcticFox

Re: Last Female?

I just tried 13 times. Huge baby trail running after the few moms that were there. Moms played lottery who gets to stay... well, I didn't win. I agree, this is ridiculous.

#3 2019-07-27 16:57:04

RodneyC86

I'm a guy but watching the trails of babies made feel like her ovaries should have imploded

This update is a mess

#4 2019-07-27 17:15:59

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, negative reviews will wake me right up!  Everyone band together NOW.  Only together can you stop me!

#5 2019-07-27 17:19:26

The_Anabaptist

Thank you Jason,

I'll be sure to quote you when I update my review.

The_Anabaptist

#6 2019-07-27 17:36:17

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Quoting me in your review will work even better.

Before you know it, I'll change my tune, learn my lesson, fall back on my heels, jump out of my trench, eat my hat, backpedal, and turn tail and run.

YESTERDAY IN OHOL WAS THE MOST BORING DAY EVER>  WE ALL JUST SAT AROUND MUNCHING BERRIES WITH NOTHING TO DO AND NO POINT TO DO ANYTHING>  IT WAS POINTLESS>  THEN WE WENT ON DISCORD AND THE FORUMS AND IT WAS TOTALLY DEAD>  THERE WAS NO CONVERSATION AT ALL< AND NOTHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT< BECAUSE THIS GAME IS SO DEAD AND BORING AND THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER GAME WE"VE ALL PLAYED A MILLION TIMES BEFORE>  THERE WAS JUST NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT>  WE DIDN"T EVEN CARE ABOUT IT>  SHRUG>

THUMBS DOWN>

--The_Anabaptist

(not a real quote)

#7 2019-07-27 17:42:02

The_Anabaptist

Jason,

Frankly I'm amazed that you think I started this thread to actually talk to you.  I'm talking to the other players.  Duh.  The fact that you've had the time to say something twice must mean it really hit your sore spot.

The_Anabaptist

#8 2019-07-27 18:19:53

ollj

cross reference to images of the mess:

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7406

#9 2019-07-27 18:22:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Frankly, I'm amazed that you thought I was talking to you, Anabaptist!

But here's the secret:  I was talking to you!

It's amazing, all so amazing.

#10 2019-07-27 19:59:26

The_Anabaptist

You want a conversation Jason?

Honestly, you remind me of an old timey carnival barker who just finished suckering a bunch of rubes into paying a nickel to see the "MAN EATING CHICKEN" which of course is just a man eating a roast chicken.  As all the rubes get mad at being suckered but then you flash a sneer and say "You can either be mad and be the rubes who i conned out of a nickel, or you can tell all your friends about the MAN EATING CHICKEN and laugh at the rubes who paid a nickel to see it."

Yes, I and the current player base are the rubes who paid good money for a game and were bait and switched.  We can't help that.  This thread was started so that I could say, "We don't have to be the rubes who con the next batch of paying customers either with our previous positive reviews or our ineffectual howling in the forums."

The_Anabaptist

Board footer