One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-27 06:19:00

JackTreehorn

The Life I just had and the problems encountered

I was born to a sustainable town. They had berries, Carrots, and sheep. However the maples in the surrounding area had been cut down.
In my previous life I had witnessed a team of griefers run around shooting people with bows, one of whom was a donkey.

So having no maples around I began to run south as the rift was just north of town. Before long I reached the southern rift, I ran north east then south reaching the rift each time.  No maples were sighted.

Knowing that the map would only reset if no babies survived til adulthood, I began to doubt if I should be carrying by babies til their teenage years. Knowing the town was at a point of stagnation I let myself die.

Overall I've had an enjoyable experience of the new update. I've had far more fun than the week prior perhaps because i enjoy the social experiment aspect of this game. However there are some obvious kinks that need to be ironed out.

- 1k is still too small - 5 k would still be small - 10 k might be about right, atleast a griefer couldn't walk the entire map in a life.

- Resource scarcity shouldn't occur until, late in town progression.

- Maple griefing is far too viable

- Donkey town and cursing mean nothing now

- The map reset is based on children surviving til adulthood despite a scarcity of resources locking the towns progression.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2019-07-27 06:30:26)

Eve Audette

#2 2019-07-27 06:30:46

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: The Life I just had and the problems encountered

Yes, donkeytown will be fixed tomorrow.

Map reset is NOT based on babies surviving anymore.

It's not based on fertile mothers, since there are no Eves after two hours have passed.  So, when we run out of fertile mothers inside the barrier, the apocalypse is triggered.

I hear you about the maples.

I caught a guy doing it as VOG, and I sicked three bears on him.  It was fun.

Anyway, protecting maples is obviously a really important strategy.  Not sure there's a way I can fix that for you.  I mean, they need to be chop-able.  An axe isn't easy to get.

But thank you, this is an excellent report.  It's definitely rocky, but will get better, after I tweak the parameters some more.

#3 2019-07-27 06:42:13

DarkDrak

Re: The Life I just had and the problems encountered

jasonrohrer wrote:

I hear you about the maples.
Not sure there's a way I can fix that for you.

I believe that Coppicing could solve the problem. if tree stumps grew saplings after a while instead of straightout decaying, dealing with tree greifing would be way more manadgeble.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

Board footer