One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-27 06:00:21

mrbah

A different approach

I was wondering on how to alter the system jason implemented.
For me, a slow migraton elsewhere or outpost villages or trading stations make sense for a city to have and make for "interactive stories".

That means:
at the corners and halfway across the edges of the rifts are transition points. Players can go to other rifts.
However players can only use the transition points from and to the rift-box they are born in, meaning every child can always go the city where their mother came from.
this enables cities two rifts apart to trade ressources that the other city might not be able to aquire.
Mothers can strategize where they make an outpost and send their children to gather ressources (if the mother gives birth in a different rift than they were born, they open up three or five more boxes for their children to explore.

I know jason doesn't like suggestions, but honestly, I am not sure what precisely he was trying to accomplish with the rifts in the first place, despire reading the news page.

This way, a player is still limited in where they can go, but a family is not limited in where they can go.
Resettling can become a multigenerational task, with families packing up everything they have and trying to make it to greener pastures, while still getting rid of the "there is infinite milkweed, just take a horse and explore"

Transitional points could potentially be blocked, but almost every blockade can be destroyed or needs to be maintained, right?

Last edited by mrbah (2019-07-27 06:13:14)

Board footer