One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-26 05:57:49

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

How to make the rift work

Alright I know tensions are high and everyone's upset, myself included. I get why you're on the defensive Jason, but you have to understand our point of view. We've all played a certain way forever and we love it. Now it's being taken away.

I understand your goals. You want us to work together. You're being very naive about your player base though. There are many griefers and very few ways to deal with them, especially when we can't curse half of them. They're just reborn and they do it again.

Anyways, after playing for the past few hours I have ideas on how to make this work.

I know you already increased it, but I'd say make it even larger. If you want more than one camp in this area you need to include more viable spots to build in. Finding a spring in a decent location is HARD. Especially with the food being so scarce.

You need to increase Milkweed spawn rates. It's was so scarce for a while it took me 10 mins just to find two, and I never found two more after that so all I had was thread. We couldn't make a firebowl drill and we all died. This is happening because griefers are turning all the milkweed into bows and arrows to kill. Maybe add a way to remove the rope from the bow, using flint on a bow? Just an idea.

Food needs to respawn MUCH faster. I was born into an area with 10 corpses and all the berry bushes and banana trees stripped of food. It was impossible for us to stay in one spot to build because we have to move so far to find food. Maybe add banana respawn again. It would seriously help get things started.

Double the rate that animals respawn. People were killing every sheep they could find in the grey biomes without lambs so it was impossible for anyone to get sheep. I'd also say decrease the amount of bear caves because they would release every bear and there were bears EVERYWHERE and nowhere to run.

I'd also include a better location to trap us in. Add more swamp biomes to the area we're trapped in with green areas nearby. With how hard it is to survive we need actual locations to live, and all the ones we did have were stripped of food and littered with corpses and ZERO milkweed.

Please PLEASE allow us to curse other families again. We can't fight these griefers Jason we just can't. They now have free rein to destroy our limited resources and we need to be able to fight back in SOME way. Even if we kill them they just come back, and take all the milkweed away. Milkweed IS VITAL. We can't stop them from wasting it.

Or just get rid of the rift and let us live in freedom and happiness.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#2 2019-07-26 07:50:01

MultiLife

Re: How to make the rift work

Sounds bad, and I agree.

When the map is infinite, one could run far away to at least escape other families’ griefers (as you couldn’t curse them anyways and they’d just respawn, maybe in your family even, to kill you), but now all conflicts are forced on players even harder. No options.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-26 07:50:33)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-07-26 11:57:28

Peremptive

Re: How to make the rift work

This is by now Jason hating on the players by completely ignoring griefers in the game design. When most games are ruined by griefers. Open your eyes dude.

Board footer