One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-21 20:25:53

ollj

asking me if i want to "stay?" just makes me /die

i mean, comon, asking a baby "...stay?" is a dumb persons waste of time, and close to desperate/insecure begging.
i generally want none of that from my mom, therefore asking me "...stay?" is often the only reason I /die, and always a big factor for me in chosing to skip a mom/family.

its also a simple answer to a dumb question.
and yet. people keep parroting it ad absurdum.

if i dont die after you asked me to stay, you either are in a much more competent family than you likely deserve, or i am simply low on lifes due to being in a picky mood.
worse, ive been called a dumb mure retard just for refusing to answer that question in text, which also contributes to regretting wastig up to one minute STAYing with such a mom.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-21 20:27:18)

#2 2019-07-21 20:37:30

Bob 101

Re: asking me if i want to "stay?" just makes me /die

And you think I'm egocentric..

You act as if you are baby Jesus himself. It's a pretty straight forward question.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-07-21 20:46:14)

#3 2019-07-21 20:41:30

arkajalka

Well i get the point in it allthough is higly immersion breaking. You really dont want to waste food pips on dying kids if you are high yum and you have limited ammount of yummy things available in your town.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#4 2019-07-21 20:55:59

ollj

you easily test this by nost spending time carrying your baby, but instead carrying anything useful in a basket around to a further away direction.
if your baby fails to follow you, its only reliable food source for 3 minutes, it sure dooes not want to stay.

and if theres enough yum;
you increase your yum by wasting food on babies or malaria.
you may waste -20 pips, but gain like +32 pips above 15 yum by being able to eat 2 more items.
the main wuestion here is, do oyu really need/want thoise extra pips?

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-21 20:56:36)

#5 2019-07-21 20:57:32

ollj

yes, bob, youre egocentric for an out of the blue repetition in here. cry more please.

#6 2019-07-21 22:54:50

AmberA

I do this and I'm fine with it. It's a way of letting the kid know that this town is going to require work or a lot of travel, or whatever. But I include context such as "I'm traveling far to a bell, want to stay?" where if I didn't say that they might waste both our times to only find out later and kill themselves. If you /die because of it then good.

#7 2019-07-21 23:57:01

Peaches

Good.

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#8 2019-07-22 00:59:21

Jk Howling

Okay, so what you're saying is I should ask my babies if they want to stay, so that I don't have to deal with the displeasure of having you as a child in one of my lives?

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the tip!

-Has ascended to better games-

#9 2019-07-22 01:45:32

RodneyC86

Jk Howling wrote:

Okay, so what you're saying is I should ask my babies if they want to stay, so that I don't have to deal with the displeasure of having you as a child in one of my lives?

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the tip!

No don't tell him what to do lol

#10 2019-07-22 01:50:17

Bob 101

ollj wrote:

yes, bob, youre egocentric for an out of the blue repetition in here. cry more please.

Tells me to cry more when you are here complaining that mums ask if you want to stay.
Yes I'm egocentric, So are you.

Go ahead and show me even one instance where you don't come across as some dickish tryhard.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-07-22 01:52:54)

#11 2019-07-22 04:40:34

testo

This is normal, there are several people that don´t like Eve camps or new towns. Letting them know the conditions makes it easier for everyone. I don´t normally do as a mother but now I´ll start implementing it due to the added bonus.

Last edited by testo (2019-07-22 04:41:05)

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#12 2019-07-22 05:54:32

RodneyC86

Really though guys we need to stop feeding this troll
His posts follow a pattern

Roads
Bells
Only I am responsible enough with knives
Roads
Bells
Bears
Roads
Roads now with added chisel and stake spam
Bells
Roads
DIE
And finally bears

Everyone else minding their own business are basically idiots to him while he hoards flat stones and chisels building 2k roads for Jason knows what reasons. God forbid if you happen to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Because bears.

I do admit it's hard to ignore this level of sheer moronism, it's like a train wreck you can't look away

#13 2019-07-22 06:25:44

Booklat1

how long till olij realizes he is pretty much a discount pein?

Like seriously, we got the edgy-trying-to-act-masculine-at-all-costs-persona already, the difference is we actually admire pein as a member of this community because he has dones stuff of value like tutorials and carried cities on the back when few could. And you go around saying `omg i hate to agree with tarr` like wtf, who are even you? i stopped playing for few weeks and here are you thinking you are smarter than people who broke the game way more than a couple times

So sit tight in your back fucking seat and relax, you talk a hell of a lot for a guy thats been around for no longer than 3 months

if the responses here don`t make it clear enough i shall spell it, this community doesnt tolerate griefers acting self-entitled

#14 2019-07-22 08:51:58

schmloo

Ollj has a superiority complex. If they can’t convince everyone to hand over their knives to Mr. Belltower spammer or prove they can kill towns on a raid with bears as “raid assist” they’ll never get listened to.

It’s all bait, just ignore him.

Last edited by schmloo (2019-07-22 08:55:09)

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#15 2019-07-22 18:51:41

Lum

Holy moly, your post is so outrageously ridiculous it prompted me to login just so I could tell you. People like you sound like this game is their job rather than a fun experience. That's sad.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#16 2019-07-22 19:23:44

testo

RodneyC86 wrote:

Roads
Bells
Roads
Bells
Bears
Roads
Bells
Roads
DIE
And finally bears

Everyone else minding their own business are basically idiots to him while he hoards flat stones and chisels building 2k roads for Jason knows what reasons. God forbid if you happen to be in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Because bears.

I do admit it's hard to ignore this level of sheer moronism, it's like a train wreck you can't look away

I tried to stop repying his threads but some part of me says "hey if he needs feeding he must be lonely". So I try to just post some nonsense to throw him a bone here and there. *Sigh...* I have become such a softie these days.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#17 2019-07-22 23:26:09

arkajalka

Today i got asked this and was really cool about it at first, but my mom kept on babling to me about me dying after i showed some happy faces and whistled. "If you die put your clothes on ground atleast" --->insta /die just to annoy her XD

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#18 2019-07-23 06:20:03

ollj

your cries have been noted

#19 2019-07-23 07:54:30

RodneyC86

testo wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:

Roads
Bells
Roads
Bells
Bears
Roads
Bells
Roads
DIE
And finally bears

I tried to stop repying his threads but some part of me says "hey if he needs feeding he must be lonely". So I try to just post some nonsense to throw him a bone here and there. *Sigh...* I have become such a softie these days.

Hey, I always say, it takes courage to be nice. Being cynical and hateful is the easy way out. Something i'm guilty of often to be sure

Last edited by RodneyC86 (2019-07-23 07:58:55)

#20 2019-07-23 14:04:49

Fae

So you're saying if I ask my baby to "stay" and it happens to be you then you'll just SID? Not that bad of a trade if you're this antagonistic in game as you are on the forums.

Regardless the question isn't far fetched to ask. Some folks don't like to be in underdeveloped towns or starting with an Eve. It really isn't that big of a deal.

#21 2019-07-23 14:34:54

karltown_veteran

I'm officially gonna start saying it wink
Watch the number of "stay" moms skyrocket because no one wants ollj in their towns.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#22 2019-07-23 21:05:54

ollj

hehehe

Board footer