One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-21 00:55:21

AmberA

Lilianthal family - The story of an Eve nomad running to a new home

I don't tend to play as an Eve because I'm not that much of an expert at starting a city but in this case I was out of lives and this was my last so I was going to play it. I was Eve Lilienthal.

I started running west and found a medium sized town. I was white and they were brown so it was easy to see that I was an outsider. I stayed on the edges to not worry anyone. I approached slowly with a constant smile and heart over my head saying "peace" to see if they would accept me. I began teaching some children to speak my language and an old woman gave me a full set of clothing including a backpack. This old woman is the reason my line survived at all, thank you to whoever you were!

I continued teaching the children when I had a baby girl. One of the little boys I was teaching had to keep repeating himself because I could only partly understand him. It was a little garbled but what he said was something like "You can stay but we will feed your kids to the wolves" so I grabbed my baby girl and ran! I continued west when a bell sounded!

The bell was 3.4 k away. I named my first daughter Bella after the sound of the bell but she ran off and I was unable to save her so I continued alone. On the way to the bell I had two daughters; Lilian and Lilith. I commented that we might not make the town but one of my kids said something like "we might find an abandoned city along the way".

At around 2k from the bell my youngest was bitten by a wolf. Lilian and I consoled her. Her last words were "loveu to"

So now it was just me and Lilian heading towards the bell. We were more efficient now. Being older we could travel longer without stopping for food. We had also gathered a bunch of iron to serve as a gift when arriving at bell town in the hopes that we couldn't be killed on sight.

Now about 0.9 k away from the bell, I realized that I probably would not live long enough to see it and my daughter might also be too old to carry on my line, or she might not be able to find it without my bell marker. She had run with me for like twenty minutes in the hopes that I'd lead her to a new home. That is when I died.

So imagine my delight when I check on the family tree to see that not only did my daughter survive but her only child was a girl named Autumn. For about the first 6 generations, only 1 daughter survived to continue the line.

Based on the last words of generation 7 I can deduce that wherever they lived was expanding (bear attack and someone saying wheat east). Based on the last words of generation 8, they had shrimp. Between generation 8 and 11 there was a population boom due to multiple women giving birth at the same time. The family was peaceful until generation 11. That is when one man murdered another man, his cousin. Probably because when people no longer NEED to fight for survival then drama starts.

Not long after that I was reborn into the town. I couldn't tell if the town was one that my daughter started or found, but it was not a bell town. Which I was glad of because having a bell is dangerous.

Generation 18 was the last generation of the Lilianthal family. Eve Lilianthal: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4994606

If anyone out there was a Lilianthal I'd love to hear about it. Was the town found or built? What caused the last generation to die? Any good stories in the family?

Last edited by AmberA (2019-07-21 01:04:28)

Board footer