One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 04:34:09

Syklone

THE STORY OF "DIE"

Hello living beeings in the world of "One Hour One Life"

I have a story for you. Listen carefully, because it might safe your life one day. And tell the story to others ingame, because only if you all learn to understand it, you are safe.

"

The Story of "DIE"

Once there was a honorable very helpful human in a small village.
He always teached those who where willing to learn, and he always build or helped with whats needed.
He made houses for those without a home, he build carts for those who were sick of carrying, he farmed to feed the starving.
But most important: He always TIDIED UP and never left a MESS when he was done working.
After he made the storage room to store all the precious goods there should have never been a MESS again in the whole village.

None of the other villages listened to his words "TIDY UP" though and use the storage, it wasn't long and there was a big MESS in his village again.
No one was able to drop anything on the ground to start working, without picking something else up, which then had to be carried to another place again so there would finally be place to work effecient.

So he got very mad. His mind got blinded by the anger, and he started to kill everyone in his village.
After everyone but him was slaughtered by his knife or pierced by his arrows, there still wasn't peace inside of him.
The opposite was the case.
He started to carry all the skeletons to one place, where he would write his new name with the graves of those who mae him mad.

"MY NEW NAME SHALL BE  "DIE" AND EVERYONE WILL HEAR IT BEFORE HE GOES OUT OF THIS MESS THEY CALL A WORLD"
Right after he spoke the words, a God appeared in front of him.

"You shall be cursed for what you have done. "DIE" is what you call yourself? You won't ever find peace in death or life. I will make you respawn everytime you die "DIE" ! Everytime you see a mess you will be filled with anger and murderlust again! Only if you find a village that ISN'T A MESS you shall have peace in life, but once you die, you will spawn again in another village and i tell you, there will be a MESS and your anger will start again!"

Since then "DIE" respawned a lot of times, always to find a MESSY village. And his eyes were blinded by anger and murderlust  again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and adoublegain again.
He murdered hundreds of villagers, always using their bones to write down his name so maybe sometime he will spawn at a village living in fear of "DIE" and always TIDIEING UP, so he may life atleast once - before the anger comes back, in peace.

"

Is it just a story in the end? Or did it really happen?
Maybe you will find the letters "DIE" written by the corpses of his victims, so you can approve what was told to me at the fire by an old man. He insisted the story is true, he had seen "DIE" and survived by fleeing into the forest he mumbled before he died with panic and sadness in his eyes.... he always tidied up.

Just a tale or not:
Remember to tidy up your village, because if the story is true "DIE" might come to you.

Sincerly
a player who for sure isn't "DIE".
wink

#2 2018-03-31 04:35:12

Syklone

Re: THE STORY OF "DIE"

Make this post famous, its better for all of us I think.

#3 2018-03-31 04:37:29

Lepisma

Minna! I hoped you'd turn up smile

#4 2018-04-01 15:32:36

Syklone

I believe I have stumbled across his name, couldn't rly read it, since the bones were already rotting away.
Maybe there is some truth to this, keep your eyes and ears open!

#5 2018-04-01 16:29:12

stickyflypaper

I usually try to tidy up a messy village.

#6 2018-04-01 16:31:17

earthling

so, i met a player who called up the story of die. if it was you then you are nothing then a common griever. hopefully your i-net connection crashes for good

#7 2018-04-01 16:37:44

Syklone

Oh it wasn't me, i was told this story by an old man.

I guess from "DIE"'s point of view, you are the (messy) Griefer. Whatever, it's just a myth.

#8 2018-04-01 17:20:34

earthling

nah, the funpart is. i was ltidying up and baking at the same time, just before the arrow hit me

#9 2018-04-01 17:34:50

Syklone

According to the story, the village should be tidied up before he spawns there, so he can find peace in his current life.

I once met someone who was worshipping "DIE". Maybe he will find more followers and a tidy Village which truely honors "DIE".
I'll keep my eyes and ears open to give you more information and maybe find if this story is actually true or just another myth made up by humans to keep order (just like religions).

#10 2018-04-01 18:42:16

earthling

Or(like religions) they are looking for an excuse to pillage and plunder cause they are just bad people

#11 2018-04-01 20:18:59

Syklone

I don't think "DIE" is an excuse for pillaging,as he simply kills those who live in mess. But we'll see if this myth starts to grow to a religion, if his followers start to gain numbers. As far as his follower said, "DIE" would be a helpful character if you start to listen to him/ are on his side anyway.

#12 2018-04-01 20:33:52

earthling

like i wrote. i like the idea, but my only personal experience with the story of "DIE" was a bad one. im always tiding up ang got killed so till now it does not convince me.

#13 2018-04-01 21:16:02

Syklone

I was told by a mysterious shaman, that JACOB a man who started killing before DIE was born in his village, had murdered DIE - after they started to work together and started building the signs- probably by accident. The shaman said, DIE did feel anger first, but was also proud because you didn't hesitate an kill the falsely accused "messy intruder" riding a captured horse.
Aslong as you keep finishing the signs of DIE you are very welcome as the 2nd cult member.

The shaman died, shortly after a mysterious tongue took over his sanity and told me this in a very demonlike voice.
Maybe he just ate to many shrooms. I don't believe this whole thing.

@earthling, as written in the story DIE will only show when DIE is going to murder. IDK how you are able to have a good experience then.. maybe this cult the shaman was talkin about is a way

Last edited by Syklone (2018-04-01 21:21:56)

#14 2018-04-01 21:22:46

Aname

I was a man named jacob in a messy village i killed people because i had to do it because it was a mess it just felt right. then a kid said came and said he was die.
and i knew who die was i helped him kill every villager. and made the die signs.

but then. that black day came. there was a girl on a horse she wanted to grab my knife but jacob got the knife faster and killed her. the horse ran away. but the horse came back and he fastly killed the guy on the horse. but he started to cry. because that guy on the horse wasnt an weird guy looking to kill jacob it was die himself the god. jacob killed him he felt sad and anger.

he was ashamed of himself. he completed the sign that die was making and picked a cart with food put it on the cart of the horse and dropped the knife and  ran away with the horse. never to be seen again.

Im sorry DIE i failed you.

Jacob ran away into the horizon some say he never stopped running and he is still running today.

Last edited by Aname (2018-04-02 13:29:14)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#15 2018-04-03 12:40:24

Aname

I Saw a woman Screaming about die And that we had to clean our village or he would kill us. So its spreading really slow

#16 2018-04-03 12:49:20

TrustyWay

So die is a self centred mass murder ? It's just one more in the championship of rudeness in this game

#17 2018-04-03 12:52:45

Aname

TrustyWay wrote:

So die is a self centred mass murder ? It's just one more in the championship of rudeness in this game

Only If youre Village is an mess. Thats why you Always need too clean youre Village or he will come and get you. thats what i heard.

#18 2018-04-03 22:09:11

Jorge

I saw this putz in one of the villages I spawned in. He first showed up with a bow and arrows in a cart while terrorizing the babies with this story, and then later he started picking off people one by one. While he was trying to do that, I knifed the putz right in the side, and he was no more.

Unfortunately while I was re-organizing my mom's knife, an Eve waltzed in and stole it right from me. Suspecting bad intentions, I tried to arrow her and in the ensuing fight, someone ended up arrowing me (maybe suspecting me for another griefer). Ironically, I respawned as her son and she gave me the very same knife to "keep safe". big_smile

#19 2018-04-03 22:52:18

Syklone

On my travels through the lands I met another very frightened guy.
He told me about a village with dozens of skeletons placed in way to spell "DIE" throughout the whole village and some people worshipping the -in their words- "new god" .
Feels like the myth isn't that much of a myth anymore.
and if this cult/worshipping thing is true, we may soon see villages build for "DIE".

PS: everybody saying the story of die is a griefer is probably one of those "I want to have fun, idgaf if I leave a mess" players - those are obvis the majority of people in general.

I for myself think of worshipping DIE too.

#20 2018-04-03 23:00:24

Pediluve

Learning it from the forum.
In itself The idea of ''tidy your village or it's death'' isn't such a bad thing. i mean, a messy village is working way slower, incrasing the chance of people leaving jobs, do something else, and kill the village anyway.
The part that I don't like about worshipping is that i don't to be hear from it a lot during most futur playthrough.

#21 2018-04-04 00:18:53

Alleria

Jorge wrote:

I saw this putz in one of the villages I spawned in. He first showed up with a bow and arrows in a cart while terrorizing the babies with this story, and then later he started picking off people one by one. While he was trying to do that, I knifed the putz right in the side, and he was no more.

Unfortunately while I was re-organizing my mom's knife, an Eve waltzed in and stole it right from me. Suspecting bad intentions, I tried to arrow her and in the ensuing fight, someone ended up arrowing me (maybe suspecting me for another griefer). Ironically, I respawned as her son and she gave me the very same knife to "keep safe". big_smile

The question is whether or not you "kept the knife safe", or you stabbed her in the back out of vengeance?

Top five most important roles is the town organiser. However, it's not much to ask people to put their shit away, e.g. plates into basket near bakery. I fully condone the murder of people who throw away plates.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#22 2018-04-04 16:23:01

Jorge

Alleria wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Ironically, I respawned as her son and she gave me the very same knife to "keep safe". big_smile

The question is whether or not you "kept the knife safe", or you stabbed her in the back out of vengeance?

Nah, I tend not to carry grudges from life to life -- I'll roleplay the situation I'm born in which is part of the fun. Occasionally I'm the griefer, occasionally I'm chasing off and killing other griefers and defending my family. She was acting normally so I played my part. big_smile

#23 2018-04-06 08:19:25

Aname

DIE destroyed the whole world he activated the apocolypse.

The world was an mess and so he Destroyed the whole world.

Thats what a girl said to me.

#24 2018-04-06 08:23:11

Lepisma

Nah, that was Antichthon lol

#25 2018-04-06 10:13:30

Antichthon

I was bored...

Board footer