One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-19 10:45:10

MultiLife

Can you remove the pump of a dead oil spot?

I don't want to play until stuff is fixed but if anyone can confirm, that'd be great.

Can you remove the oil pump and bring it to a new tarry spot?

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2019-07-19 10:58:45

MultiLife

Re: Can you remove the pump of a dead oil spot?

Onetech seems to confirm it can be?

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-19 11:06:30)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-07-19 11:21:55

DarkDrak

Yeah, the exhausted oil pumpjack is removable and reusable

Last edited by DarkDrak (2019-07-19 11:22:06)

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#4 2019-07-19 11:24:05

MultiLife

DarkDrak wrote:

Yeah, the exhausted oil pumpjack is removable and reusable

Phew, good. That's what crossed my mind instantly when I heard "exhausted oil".
Then it's manageable! Will suck to remove and rebuild roads tho'.

#5 2019-07-19 11:58:12

ollj

yes and irrelevant, because i likely will never whitness anyone reusing an oil pump.
all the oil spots of Trilian city, the first town with 2-3 bells in it, are now free from their berrymunching masters, because noone bothered to go there for 8 hours while i wasnt playing, and instead just wreched the shit out of this place, jusding by how dislocated all its remaining stuff was.
because the town is now in ruins, full of turkeys (most of them alife alive, 4 dead with feathers, 30 of them dead and on plates) and its central tarry spot is completely free of everything, except for the road to it.

i was too old to explore it in more detail, but made a lot of screenshots of its road to its south.
its pretty awesome ruins, all things considdered, dare to find them, its rather easy, with all the ruins and unique roads in a 2k radius around previous-trillian-bells.

and that other town that had 6 bells, most likely almost as ruined (sheep roam all over that place, i didnt maske it to the city center), and likely only 2/6 bells in it still exist, that someone rang, so i could find the mess you caused while i wasnt playing.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-19 12:04:41)

#6 2019-07-19 15:27:08

D3mon1cblack

so can annyone confirm you can get more then one tank of oil out off a jack? Because i just made one and it exausted after one use

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#7 2019-07-19 19:04:24

Jk Howling

D3mon1cblack wrote:

so can annyone confirm you can get more then one tank of oil out off a jack? Because i just made one and it exausted after one use

It's a 50/50 chance on whether it exhausts atm. Jason is fixing it now and will be diminished down to a 5% chance, as he intended, once he's done.

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2019-07-19 19:08:02

ollj

wait what, jason made a 50% fail chance, where a 5% fail chance was intended?
great patch of a very dumb typo.
its effect is, that for at least one day, the gameplay was a lot more like its mobile port, with only a population of 20 on a single server, annd most people never reaching oil tech (or not gettimg much form it)

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-19 19:09:42)

Board footer