One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-17 01:59:39

DarkDrak

A story of a wasted life.

This life i was named Mann Serenil. Born to a mother in coma, i've been taken care of by my sister, Alivea, who was also been looking after our sick mother. What a kind soul.

I, however, didn't particulary like that town. It was big, but empty and gave me depression. My soul was seeking adventure! So ever since birth i had two objectives:
- Get a Horse
- Get the hell out of there and never return.

Thankfully the ever-ringing bells of the forever-name-changing bell town make it impossible to get lost.

That said, as soon as i turned three i started working on a milkweed farm, that had to be made almost from from scratch (of course), but having an abbundance of berries and carrots and two random milkweed seeds left in a bowl, by the time i turned fifteen, the town had plenty of spare soil and enough milkweed for two horse carts. Enough contribution to make up for the food i wasted, no?

By the time that milkweed was almost mature and i could finally make myself a lasso, however, a starving little girl run to me screaming from hunger. Kinda odd that someone like as my sister would let her own child starve, but whatever, i fed her a berry and wandered off to composting some extra soil while i was waiting for the milkweed. When i came back to the berry farm, however, the child was still demanding food and my sister was just standing there. So, as any normal human being, i decided to adopt her child and feed her until she could stand on her own. I named her Olivia, in honor of her mother who had taken care of me when i was her age.

As i was wondering about what to do with my sister, who apparently had hereditated our mother's sickness, Alivea awakened and said that she's fine now and can take care of the child. Isn't it nice when problems just solve themselves? Knowing that i was leaving Olivia in good hands, i immidiatly went back to my escape plan.

It took a while to find a horse and to get it back, so by the time i had a horsecart for myself, i was already in mid twenties. Perfect age for riding.

Finally, packed up with a horse, some straw clothes, a backpack, a cactus fruit, a cooked rabbit and a long term tollerance to hunger, developed by eating well, i came to the fire to say my goodbyes... just to find Olivia being in coma near the fire and my sister stripping down and starving herself to death (in a moment of sickness-driven craziness, clearly).

At this point the only inhabitants of the town were me, my uncle Auggie, my nephew Greenlee and my sick neice, who was also the last girl in the town.

A part of me wanted to just leave and let the other two guys handle it all. Another part of me wanted to let this place die out. In the end the part that prevailed was the feeling of owing something to my sis. She had taken good care of me when our mother couldn't even move and she herself was still a child at the time! So i abbandoned my escape plan, instructed the other two guys to leave Olivia in my hands and proceeded to make sure that she ate well and stayed warm.

And so i spent all of my remaining life taking care of a girl in a state of comatose and accomplishing pretty much nothing else, while my uncle was having fun rides on my horse and my nephew was keeping the town together and helping me with the kids. I was, however, recompensated with many cute great neices and great nephews who called me dad.

When Olivia reached menopause i was already on my dying bed. The town had somewhy gathered around the fire place, so i took the opportunity to say farewell to my family. So i started ranting about how i had spent my whole life doing nothing productive, learning nothing useful, teaching nothing useful when suddenly... the girl, who had been in coma for over thirty years, suddenly sprinted, run around and came back. Nobody could believe their eyes. I thought that senility made me go crazy. The most surprised of everyone was Olivia herself. In fact her first reaction was: "Omg, why do i have so many kids?"

Good Question, bitch ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shoutout to Olivia Serenil for having such an awesome timing, kek
And to Alivea Serenil for being a nice lad.

Tl; dr.
Was planning on continuing a previous life project, ended up feeding a comatose girl.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#2 2019-07-17 06:30:40

AmberA

Re: A story of a wasted life.

Cool story! Sounds like you kept the town alive so you definitely did something productive. I too like to come up with stories about afk players that roleplay explains why they aren't moving.

#3 2019-07-17 07:48:30

arkajalka

Re: A story of a wasted life.

And in few years three blackmen came with their jugling swords "all your bases belong to us -xxpussyslayerxx"

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

Board footer