One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-16 14:26:32

ollj

turkey conga

Today I woke up with the plan, that ohol will be different today.
Today is; Turkey conga day.

basic idea, flood bell town in turkeys on plates, and if theres no plate to put a turkey on, bring or make more plates to put turkeys on.
bother only to transport full stacks of plates, and only if your town/ruin is flooded in empty plates. else the space is more valuable to be filled with one turkey.
it is important that there is no turkey that is NOTon a plate. those are just wasted to become dumbum people hats.
all turkeys must be put on plates!
it is important to bring almost eaten cake in your backpack on your voyage to bell town, if only for its plate. not so much for the cake (theres enough turkey food at your target town)
it is important to remember, that the near north and northeast of bell town is always very low on food, due to many invasions having come from there, and not much food existing there. do not die dumb there, dont gather turkeys north(east) at old age without food in the backpack.
its kinda important to not waste time with conflict, because turkey hunting takes much time and youre faster with your cart/horse anyways. So just stay near your cart and scare any hostiles away by growling at them first, but then just running away from them as soon as they run away from you. if they dont disengage, show them how to die dumb as long as you growled first.

---

bell town has had a kitchen with 5 full plate stacks, unused for too long because its a war zone with no time to make excess cake.
i changed that a bit, using up half of those plates in 2 lifes.
I filled them with 35 turkeys in 2 lifes:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nga_LD.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … ga_2_b.jpg
there now existsa one line of excess turkeys on plates near bell town, and theres always like 5-10 turkeys on plates within the town center kitchen area.
Bringing excess turkeys to a war zone town is easy. yoiure faster with horse/cart and easily gather and evade conflict.
bell town is now 2500k away from most player spawns, but many players spawn closer, and bells are strill rung constantly.
on that long voyage to bell town, instead of going warbab, just go turkey hunting.
and its easy to remember where turkeys are, on your way to bell town.
so i say "turkey conga" "your lucky day" and "brb" to all the turkeys i encounter, depending on distance to town and how many turkeys i currently carry back,

The main goal is, remove one bow from bell town, and bring 5 turkeys to bell town, ideally 2-5 times per life. (you drop the bow far from bell toiwn, where you got your 5th turkey)
This may get trickier over time, as turkeys may just be on that 8 hour reset timer to resparn.
but on your first travel towards bell town, its easy to get 5 turkeys with a cart within a 1-2k voyage, and +1 turkey without a cart foreach [turkbab]
bring turkeys, not knifes.
if you get a bab, nurture it till it is old enough to wear a turkey hat, and call it "turkbab".

If you are greeted with hostility anywhere, just rowl at people, but do not chase them too far away from your cart/horse.
if the other person growled first, you can just run away in the horse/cart and get more turkeys.
A simple choice is, either just drop the turkey on plates further away, or show the noob how to die by not being first to growl.

today may end with bell town being surrounded by turkeys on plates, and filled with them.
today may end with 50 fertiles in bell town, due to turkey flooding and removal of bows/arrows from the location.
today may end with 4 kitchens in bell town and sometimes people trying to cook turkey for 60 hours nonstop.

---

turkey conga 3, and im female, my village had only 2 females and no males. i kept saying "turkey conga" and they thought their kids were dumb/retarded, but they parroted me so thats nice.
THEY failed to get the babs, unlike me much later in trillian I had grandkids, and they got to whitness the turkey conga!

my sibling asked me to kill her, this town was literally suicidal, nothing of value was lost with my siblings fatal birth after stabbing my sibling for her stuff
, when she begged me to kill her with her knife, while i only waited to reach age 13.
with all their weapons in a horsecart trillian was mostly peaceful and oi mostly build a road.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … 3_smol.jpg

---

turkey conga 4 is neat, as im born in trillian, but is also +0 turkeys, as im born in trillian and its full of people. not many screenshots taken of me having 2 kids and building a road.
most notable turkey conga 4 was that my kids were easily impressed by anything i could show them.that was cute.

turkey conga 5 im a female 2k away from trilian. most notable is that people now recognize "the player that just keeps saying turkey conga" at young age, so i evacuate that base on foot before that one ends ugly. people tend to thing im dumb or annoying or bad rping when i repeat single phrases
i get one baby in trillian, and only child suicides on my way to trillian, and trillian has low birth rates anyways, because many /die to not live in a zone of conflict.
my bab there has has transparent tree sprites and gets all my stuff bejind all my magic trees of my magic forest (i dont have the sprites yet and keep forgetting what is where, and it changes fast anyways).
this is fine, no secret lasts forever, especially if you raise smart kids there.
oddest turkey conga 5 event was that one of my babs suicided after insisting on "goose conga" instead of turkey conga, but i sayd "no, thats soo old", and then it /died

turkey conga 6 ends quick with 2 pweople with swords bows and horses hunting me down. +5 turkeys there. u guess i deliver turkeys at larger distance for a while, and also, its guerillia mode again, because these spoiled fuckers have too many horses for their own good.
they did build property fenches with slave childtren south of trillian, i just had to hunt her mom just for that, so she just ran away, abandoning her slave kids, and arranging to hunt me down.

---

the [turkey conga] is inspired by yesterdays [goose conga] twinning:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … _small.jpg
i just happened to find 2 lines of 5 goose, and the 2 young malee twins only saying "gos conga" annoyed one family member to death, so it ended violently, for the goose.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-16 19:25:58)

#2 2019-07-16 15:18:22

Morti

Re: turkey conga

Least you have a mission there.
That'll keep you reason to live, which is what more people need; pick a single aspect of the game or the town, and improve on it while you can, if you really need something to do. It can be anything, or, if you can really take in a whole area, you can multitask and just help with everything, everywhere you go.

I think I've lived in that two bell town, with the two buildings merged into one with a doubledoor'd room between them, about five times.. maybe more, in the last two days. And I'm pretty sure I was there even before these last revisits, when the building up north was just getting started, even before the one on the right.

Just a tip, big problem with that town, the sheep pen is too far from the bakery. That place that is the library right now, that should probably be the bakery, and the present bakery, the long, tall, building to the west, could be converted into a library, or clothing storage area.

A few days ago I brought about ten horses there and left them in that desert south of the bakery. It's nice to see so many of them have been tamed and carted, but just a few hours ago there were still three wild ones, galloping around.

Sure would be nice if that place were cleaned up.
Also helped plant and harvest a few hundred carrots, and about 50 milkweed on that massive spread of soil northeast of the berry patch.

BhNexxf.png

#3 2019-07-16 15:25:36

Morti

I collected wrangled the horses from all of these deserts.

Bfz5FMD.png

#4 2019-07-16 16:04:10

arkajalka

You are wasting perfectly good hats! Spam dyed cloaks and turkeys for superhero mode.

edit cape=cloak

Last edited by arkajalka (2019-07-16 16:05:19)

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#5 2019-07-16 16:17:22

ollj

i leave the dyed cloak spam for another day.

#6 2019-07-16 16:47:47

Morti

I also dug wells at most of these intersections that had springs, so, if anyone would like to start their own farms away from the main base, there is already a source of water there for you to do so.

No reason we should all be so cramped in the same tiny space, especially when there are 2, 3 or even 4 families there at a time.

It's good that we spend time together, hearing each other enough so we understand our own languages, but, well, some people obviously could use some longer fuses, let's just put it that way.

K8TH2J5.png

PS whoever made that diagonal road east of town, going from the small farm and oven, up to the well in the badlands northeast of it, that was pretty cool. I added several more flat rocks to it going down southwest in an attempt to connect it to another well.

I wouldn't mind seeing 8 roads intersecting at a main well one of these days.

Imagine us pulling this off, and more...

bXPfDRa.png

#7 2019-07-16 19:28:11

ollj

i took all those diagonal road rocks, meh just 8, and used them for the southwest road extension into the green land.
the city is north of a large green circle, and its about to get a ring road trough that green.

i would like many continuous roads to prevent property fenches/theft/murders
it's currently a thing south, greedy slave fuckers, keeping all the babs and horses.
they usually build around wells, therfore wells must have long roads connected to wells.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-16 19:29:55)

#8 2019-07-17 00:32:57

Bob 101

I saw you, We were both Versace at the time.

I'd traveled to Belltown because I'd gotten bored in my hometown. I was happy to see another Versace at first but sadly it just a nutter.

Didn't mind the free turkey though, Lots of food down the line.

Probably didn't end well since their was alot of migrants. In my last minute I heard someone stole pads, Wasn't my town anyway.

It is nice that you've done something useful instead of just killing.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-07-17 00:38:17)

#9 2019-07-17 01:32:42

ollj

oh i also killed people in trillian. people who where naive enough to get into my way by threatening me, even after they saw me putting turkey into their foreign base.
but killing foreigners was more an exception within 3/10 lifes, once a griefer killed by me that everyone wanted to go away, foreign fam who killed his own fam, stopped by my war sword.

today i traveled to trillian with peaceful intentions for 10 lifes.
most of them remained peaceful.
most of them i died of old age near trillian, if only because i was smart enough to stay away from the trillian city center.
most of them where spent mostly rooadbuilding, raising kids, and preparing to raise kids (aka, relocating horses and clothes away from trillian, while it was void of life).
most of them i was female, so just getting turkeys was not the smartest action, if you pass by a LOT of stone plates before you get to the next turkey, and you already planned a road.
lifes 4..9 where very similar to life 3, it becomes a routine, not worth taking screenshots from.
for my own safety, what i did exactly is a minor secret, only too be spoiled by whatever i give birth at the semi secretive places, where i could more easily raise children without a constant threat of being murdered semi randomly.

i added a total of 50 turkeys to trillian, and i think ony 20 of them got cooked. most of them during my first 2 male lifes (comic stripped), and then only 1 or 5 per life as old hag female.
the more turkeys they had, the more violent/hostile/greedy they turned to be, to a point, where it was hard for me to get any horse or anything (roadbuilding) done quickly.
so by turkeyCongaLife #5 i just stopped delivering turkey right into the base, and focussed more on roadbuilding.
my roads at least do not turn into greedy murderous (foreign) brats. but my cooked turkey do end up feeding them, so theres that.

turkey conga 10 exists as comic strip, so you can count the uncooked turkeys on plates in it, accumulated over 10 lifes with noone bothering to carry cook them, cause they are a bit outside a base.
turkey conga life 10 was also a more violent one, more an exception at that, but trillian was inhabited by 4 females, 2 very old ones with swords that where just idle/dumb, none of them acted smart/guarding, but their weapons begged to be captured before they multiply and they were seen as threat to my daughter there, so they died easy, while my daughter could even follow me at close distance without a weapon, laughing at their deaths, and i sayd "its all yours now".
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … 0_smol.jpg

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-17 01:41:49)

#10 2019-07-17 22:34:07

Angel Carrillo

Where did goose conga happen on the map?

#11 2019-07-18 00:02:50

ollj

ill see if i can find goose conga place.

but am more interestred in mapping the place between the bell towns:
i know theres roads, paths and ruins there, i have not added to this scetch

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … _roads.jpg
esisting_roads.jpg

distance is: +1500x -1400y

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-18 00:05:14)

#12 2019-07-18 06:39:06

ollj

[goose conga] was here:
https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=-729&y=-3187&z=27
its very far east of all the bell action.
i was [ronald bono] and the goose were west of the green with the biirthplace base init.

Board footer