One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-12 00:50:21

Legs

Bullseye!

So I've been playing around with the new red cross apron lately.

At a glance, having healing supplies on you at all times seems great. None of that panicked search for pads while someone is quickly bleeding out, you have them right there. How many lives could you have saved in your time playing OHOL if you'd had pads and thread then and there during a murder?

In reality the red cross paints a target on your back. If anyone's going to get murdered it's going to be YOU. The medic always dies first in OHOL, because you can't heal yourself when you're stabbed. At the end of every life that I lived with the red cross vest I was murdered. I never saved any lives.

The vest is a good concept but poor in execution. I'm never going to wear one again. I recommend that you don't either, it's breezy and it makes people commit war crimes. If you really want to heal people wear an apron instead and hide the pads in your backpack where the stabby people can't see.

Loco Motion

#2 2019-07-12 01:12:55

BladeWoods

Re: Bullseye!

I don't believe sterile pads are containable in a backpack, but there's quite an irony in others not being able to save you because they can't get the pads in your medical apron.

#3 2019-07-12 01:38:59

Jojigirl

Always have some pads and thread close by, so that the medic can be healed... Seems like common sense, but yeah.. It's better in the sense that you can heal everyone easily, while the medic should know and run to the extra (Personal) medical supplies.. 

The medic should be the main supplier, but not the sole provider of medical supplies.

#4 2019-07-12 04:06:54

Grim_Arbiter

This doesn't sound like the worst thing to me, if that's the worst case scenario. I would rather a victim be close to the center of town so we can preform "commonwealth justice". Unless they went and griefed the medical bowls in town, you should be fine. That medic will probably know where the other pads in town are and lead help there.

I would much rather a target be a male in his 40s (everytime i made one at least) than the females in the nursery. Ive made 3 medical aprons so far, and during saved 3 people, while only having to be healed once from a bear wound.

From my experience medic is op and I ain't dropping it.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-07-12 08:20:11

ollj

hahaha no, i never got stalked for wearing pad cloth, but i got thre stalkers, begging others for knifes to kill me, just for signing letters with "-ollj".

its easy to use hammer on knife and to hide arrows and bows, and to make sure theres no excess knifes, by just bieng the smith that makes anything except knifes,
which you kinda got to do as nurse.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-12 08:20:35)

Board footer