One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-05 02:00:12

Turnipseed

Humble Plea from a Turnip

Please give us better tools to combat griefers

The grief has gotten out of hand. I don't mind a mass murderer or a random jerk digging up bushes now and again, but there are a select few who make it their calling in life. I can stab them, I can shoot them, but when it comes right down to it they respawn. I would gladly sit by them in a prison force feeding them until the end of my life just so they could not respawn for that amount of time, but that is not an option. I have seen it get so bad that mothers refuse to raise their children because they might be the same griever again.

The problem is that it is unbalanced in favor of those who want to cause harm. I have but sixty minutes to live while they know their time is limited, and if they need to come back to a town all they have to do is respawn a few times. I can stab them but they will respawn as one of my potatoes (what i call my children) and i will raise them unaware of their intentions. they mimic a useful member of society until old enough to cause harm. they go on to do all the damage they can before someone inevitably puts an end to it.

I am not asking to remove the ability to murder people, or the ability to dig up bushes. I just want a way to distinguish someone who likes causing harm, or a way to prevent it for a set amount of time. A cage, a trap, babies born with blood on their hands, or devil horns so none will raise them, and if reborn as an eve will be shunned from society.

Something marking the difference between players who decide to do evil from the players who want to cause nothing but chaos.

I hope this makes it to Jason's eyes. If it does please, please take this into consideration. i think it could help curb the rate of evil players. they will still be there, but we will know.

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#2 2018-04-05 02:06:35

TrustyWay

Re: Humble Plea from a Turnip

Iron handcuffs, when he connects back he still he prisonner, I suggested that on reddit, you can repost the idea and I will support you.

#3 2018-04-05 02:10:27

Turnipseed

TrustyWay wrote:

Iron handcuffs, when he connects back he still he prisonner, I suggested that on reddit, you can repost the idea and I will support you.

anything to slow them down. the griefing is just too op to combat. a ball and chain is a good idea too... but how would you get it on them? tranq darts and poison frogs mabey?

#4 2018-04-05 03:01:03

Verinon1

Turnipseed wrote:
TrustyWay wrote:

anything to slow them down. the griefing is just too op to combat. a ball and chain is a good idea too... but how would you get it on them? tranq darts and poison frogs mabey?

You’re an Ark player, I see smile

#5 2018-04-05 03:05:39

IronBear

I have an idea, if you murder someone, you respawn in a griefers server for 3 hours per person murdered that was not a muderer.  Attach the flag to the permission key you use to login.  That would probably be easier to code than cages.

#6 2018-04-05 03:30:44

Turnipseed

Verinon1 wrote:

You’re an Ark player, I see smile

lol yup also full of grievers but you can always make turrets and x plants

#7 2018-04-05 08:20:53

quaity

There should be a way. Karma dictates how you are reincarnated, so it is said. Those logging in with their game keys should be marked as consistent murderers and you should not be able to kill people at all with a temp-login.

Last edited by quaity (2018-04-05 08:21:44)

#8 2018-04-05 08:31:26

Go! Bwah!

quaity wrote:

Karma dictates how you are reincarnated, so it is said.

I love the idea (not mine) of the worst murderers having to spend five hours of wall-clock time as a carrot plant ^_^

But for the most part it would just shift murderers into other forms of griefing that are harder to detect programmatically...

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#9 2018-04-05 08:35:21

quaity

Go! Bwah! wrote:
quaity wrote:

I love the idea (not mine) of the worst murderers having to spend five hours of wall-clock time as a carrot plant ^_^

But for the most part it would just shift murderers into other forms of griefing that are harder to detect programmatically...

Then the game is inherently broken and gives griefers the advantage. If it really turns into that case, I would request a refund. Why play a game made for trolls if I'm not a troll?

#10 2018-04-05 08:57:46

Go! Bwah!

quaity wrote:
Go! Bwah! wrote:
quaity wrote:

Then the game is inherently broken

Don't get me started...

That said, I'm not the dev and he may have some game-saving tricks up his sleeve.  We'll see.

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#11 2018-04-06 00:10:05

Turnipseed

quaity wrote:

There should be a way. Karma dictates how you are reincarnated, so it is said. Those logging in with their game keys should be marked as consistent murderers and you should not be able to kill people at all with a temp-login.

man karma is a great idea considering respawning is a lot like reincarnation.

#12 2018-04-06 00:23:27

Gederian

How about setting traps? For instance, when you dig up a bush... BOOM it explodes and you die. Maybe further along in evolution when you can craft dynamite. Could also capture and plant snakes under the bushes/walls/floors/etc.

#13 2018-04-06 03:02:30

Maximoose

IronBear wrote:

I have an idea, if you murder someone, you respawn in a griefers server for 3 hours per person murdered that was not a muderer.  Attach the flag to the permission key you use to login.  That would probably be easier to code than cages.

Agreed. A griefers server would be no fun to play for them, nothing to destroy, because nothing will be created. Which is good, a consequence for their actions.

Board footer