One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-08 21:46:47

Finbar659

Would you like an "afterlife"

There are so many villages I have been born in that I absolutely adore especially with people I have been close to within that hour and sadly we both disappear for good.

After death, don't you wish there is an afterlife as I would love to see how the village is progressing after my death and what is happening around the village currently. Do they have a religion? Do they have a law? Or is the town dead for good?

Would love to have a certain view in my game where I am already dead but I can't communicate with other players and also can't pick up items. I am completely invisible to them but just watch what my children are doing and what my grandchildren are doing.

Would anyone like this feature cause I would love it!

Last edited by Finbar659 (2019-07-08 21:48:58)

#2 2019-07-08 21:52:58

AdelaSkarupa

Re: Would you like an "afterlife"

Have you played the mobile adaptation You Are Hope? It has this feature. You can also see your whole family tree, even if they haven't died yet. You press one and observe them. It's a very cool feature.

#3 2019-07-08 21:59:04

Finbar659

AdelaSkarupa wrote:

Have you played the mobile adaptation You Are Hope? It has this feature. You can also see your whole family tree, even if they haven't died yet. You press one and observe them. It's a very cool feature.

I am aware of the mobile application but don't own it and never knew it has this feature! I choose not to buy it as I have heard complaints that there is not enough players

#4 2019-07-09 00:39:32

AdelaSkarupa

Finbar659 wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:

I am aware of the mobile application but don't own it and never knew it has this feature! I choose not to buy it as I have heard complaints that there is not enough players

It has its pros and cons. Definitely not enough players, and players don't communicate since it's such a hassle. Lots of nice changes though (I.e., picking milkweed gives you string instead of needing two milkweed stalks).

#5 2019-07-09 02:28:45

Peaches

And the mobile adaption doesn't involve Jason; I'd rather support the og game than a ripoff

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#6 2019-07-09 02:32:38

Carrot-Seedling

@Peaches
The arguments and Open Letterses that flew during You Are Hope's early days. It was ridiculous. And the amount of work that went into You Are Hope is just as ridiculous. IMO both the games deserve playing and each has its own pitfalls and pros.

@OP
Afterlife: Yes Please! +1

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#7 2019-07-09 03:05:53

AdelaSkarupa

Peaches wrote:

And the mobile adaption doesn't involve Jason; I'd rather support the og game than a ripoff

You can support both. Jason released the code for OHOL in the public domain because he wanted there to be adaptations and independent servers. The only issue Jason had was that there was confusion over who was the original creator. Now that that seems to be resolved, I think the drama has subsided. It remains though that OHOL is fun to play and YaH is not.

Board footer