One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-07 11:36:23

Finbar659

Terrible Mothers - Lost fitness points?

I was very into getting my fitness points highish however when I born, there are mothers in the game who decided to abandon me or refuse to feed me which I then starve - losing 3.23 points due to my starvation :l

Why do I lose points for this? As I can't even feed myself lol

#2 2019-07-07 11:39:54

Tarr
Banned

Re: Terrible Mothers - Lost fitness points?

I mean to be fair memerboard has all of zero real value. Sure you get an extra few pips but you are an anonymous person on the board. Are you first place? Second place? Last place? I have no idea who you are and better yet I can just claim to be you as well unless we start posting screenshots with time stamps.

In relation to why you lose points: You punish the mom just like they punish you. Unfortunately that means for people actually playing for points you are hurt by people who don't care about points in the long run.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-07-07 18:21:14

AdelaSkarupa

Tarr wrote:

Are you first place? Second place? Last place? I have no idea who you are and better yet I can just claim to be you as well unless we start posting screenshots with time stamps.

That's why my forum username is my leaderboard name.

And you could make a video too. Twisted's name is Maclynn Yanko.

Last edited by AdelaSkarupa (2019-07-07 18:22:42)

#4 2019-07-08 10:47:42

Thaulos

There is going to be random variation on your lives. The fitness score function is not so much to rank you properly along other players as it is an incentive to make you always strive for better fitness.

Don't worry too much, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. I've been top 5 since my last life (I don't play everyday anymore) and was mostly due to a ton of great nieces/great nephews (which I don't even remember meeting) surviving to 60. In reality I had next to no impact on their life expectancy but still scored a lot because I was related to them on paper.

A good change to make the system better reflect your "gene fitness ability" would be to only include family members who were alive at the same time as you.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-07-08 10:49:17)

#5 2019-07-08 12:59:40

MultiLife

I thought Jason would fix the SID babies affecting Fitness but no, he didn’t, anyone here know why they should lower the mom’s score?

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2019-07-08 13:04:05

Tarr
Banned

MultiLife wrote:

I thought Jason would fix the SID babies affecting Fitness but no, he didn’t, anyone here know why they should lower the mom’s score?

If that's still a thing then it's a bug he didn't get around to fixing. I don't really play at this moment so I cannot confirm whether or not this got fixed though I thought it had been (or maybe it was just talked about getting fixed.)

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2019-07-08 19:43:22

ollj

diing of old age in the tuttorial 24/7 to get number one ranking!

#8 2019-07-08 20:20:10

Tarr
Banned

ollj wrote:

diing of old age in the tuttorial 24/7 to get number one ranking!

That's been fixed. Eves (tutorial or not) shouldn't get meme score from living so you can't afk in the tutorial.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2019-07-08 20:25:10

D3mon1cblack

MultiLife wrote:

no sids doesnt affect score runaway babies do! so ye that should be a bug

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#10 2019-07-09 06:13:49

FulmenTheFinn

Finbar659 wrote:

I was very into getting my fitness points highish however when I born, there are mothers in the game who decided to abandon me or refuse to feed me which I then starve - losing 3.23 points due to my starvation :l

This happens a lot as quads.

That being said, I don't really care much about the scoreboard. It's anonymous, your score fluctuates a lot and you get punished for team play. It's there so that you can brag to your friends in OHOL for having a high score - for about five seconds till it plummets again.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#11 2019-07-10 02:17:29

ollj

bad moms and good moms somewhat oscillate between generations, which also depends on the times when cakes or berries run out.
you can very easily tell them by comparing number of girls with number of women.

if, more girls than women, moms are likely good, else, moms are likely bad.
sure, theres other factors, starvation, and all the other causes of death before adulthood, which is mostly stupidity, greedy murder thiefs, or warfare.

as rather good mom, i rarely have problems to push the number of girls higher than the number of women.
but i wather just /die, than living a life in a city with 2 girls and 6 women.
whenever theres a lot less girls than women, theres likely some stupid happening in most of the family, that drastically shotrtens life expectancy near the city center.
and i am rarely in the mood of having any of that.

Last edited by ollj (2019-07-10 02:20:36)

#12 2019-07-11 20:09:14

Saolin

Good/bad mom's will even out. Everyone will get this about as much so it cancels out.

Thaulos wrote:

A good change to make the system better reflect your "gene fitness ability" would be to only include family members who were alive at the same time as you.

That's already how it works.

Board footer