One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-05 05:02:15

membril

Speaking slurs / hate speech in game

Has Jason made a statement about using hate speech and racial / religious slurs in game?

There were a couple of people using particularly vile words and laughing about it in the latest instance I played. It utterly spoiled my fun and honestly somewhat soured me on the playerbase as a whole.

I don't particularly enjoy murderers or griefers, but at least there's some fun in figuring out how to defend against them or defeat them. People calling me the n-word or a 'dirty Jew' isn't fun at all.  It's just gross and alienating.  I don't see why the game should simulate that particularly ugly part of real life.

(I don't have a problem with profanity or general name calling, and I think people here can see why they're different from racial slurs)

#2 2018-04-05 05:29:09

lesslucid

Re: Speaking slurs / hate speech in game

Agreed. I kill anyone I see using racial slurs, but it shouldn't be too hard to put a filter in the game to block the main ones from happening in the first place.

#3 2018-04-05 06:57:06

yvanhooe

membril wrote:

I don't particularly enjoy murderers or griefers, but at least there's some fun in figuring out how to defend against them or defeat them.

I won't lie, having the ability to shoot down an offensive person is something I do enjoy in this game.

It takes several minutes to be old enough to say things like "nigger". It takes a few seconds to kill them. The handicap is on the slur user there.

#4 2018-04-05 07:04:45

yvanhooe

I think this is the solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _weaponry/

It should be possible to club people.

#5 2018-04-05 08:03:34

quaity

Just murder their dumb asses. It's free clothes and frees your city up a person.

#6 2018-04-05 08:39:01

Babipoki

Yay. Way to make roleplay OOCly political.

#7 2018-04-05 13:56:59

Traddy

This game is a long term social experiment, censoring people negates the point here I think.

Maybe this is a life lesson, people aren't always going to be rainbows and sunshine in life, so learn to be less sensitive.

Charles Hart - Killed by Silvia Hart
Final words: "I have the knife"
––––––––––––––––––––––
UnregisteredAccount

#8 2018-04-05 14:39:23

gizeh

Traddy wrote:

This game is a long term social experiment, censoring people negates the point here I think.

Maybe this is a life lesson, people aren't always going to be rainbows and sunshine in life, so learn to be less sensitive.

This is an interesting point. And thinking about sanctioning people in a game, might make a difference in the real world is flattering.
For now killing them is fine.

yvanhooe wrote:

I think this is the solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … _weaponry/

It should be possible to club people.

With this we might be able to lock them up in prisons in the future. That would be fun too.

#9 2018-04-05 15:17:02

Potjeh

Sticks and stones.

Board footer