a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-27 04:50:17

Bob 101

Interesting video, Maybe relevant?

#2 2019-06-27 05:34:29

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Interesting video, Maybe relevant?

Yeah when people get an easy ride with no battles its easy to see how depression and longing can take over. That's why the wealthiest communities have the highest rate of suicide.

There are many wealthy people that pursue things and keep themselves happy though.

I honestly think its a mindset flaw instilled in us and a motivation issue though. The mindset of placing aspirations on a pedestal, and the motivation issue of people getting things they don't have to work for, and therefore have no basis on what they should work for.

When you place your wants and needs on a pedestal you start to make even the most mundane things seem out of reach due to the result of deflation to your ego. Your tasks become greater than you and you can get lost trying without success. Giving up is failure, and people in that mindset are more willing to give up and give in.

The issue of people having it all and being bored with it is pretty self explanatory. "Even if the world were perfect.. It still wouldnt be"

One more quote for my personal way of dealing with it.

"Look, I've never had a dream in my life, because a dream is what you want to do, but still haven't pursued. I knew what I wanted, and did it till it was done, so i've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one"

Find what you want. Even if it's nothing.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

Board footer