One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-21 21:26:36

Spoonwood

Signs That You Might Play OHOL

You go out into the woods.  Whenever you see a maple or poplar tree you think about trying to pick off a branch and see if you can bang two rocks together to make something sharp enough to cut the branches into something more smooth.

Whenever you see a goose in the air you wonder how it's not by a pond, and feel inclined to shoot the goose with an arrow to oil some piece of metal.

Whenever you see someone eat a berry you throw a fit... talking about how much soil and water they use and how no one eats a wide variety of foods.

Your significant other decides to make pie.  You feel tempted to ask "MUTTON PIE AGAIN, OR IS THIS A TREAT NIGHT AND WE'RE HAVING BERRY CARROT RABBIT PIE?".  But you already tried that once and your significant other decided not to make pie and fed you whole milk instead, so you forget it and suggest a turkey instead.  Your significant other says "HONEY, WHERE IS THE BOW AND ARROW?"

You find mutton out in the middle of nowhere and feel tempted to try to feed a wolf so that you can make a pet dog.  Then you remember how dangerous wolves and the wrong type of dogs are.

You have this fear of mosquitoes biting you that you never saw.

You wake up one day and ask everyone in town "OIL?"  "TARRY SPOT?" and no one has a clue about either one.

You feel frustrated because there's no big cart or horsecart around... heck... you can't even see a cart close by right now, can you?

When you hear someone watching TMNT and you hear 'shredder' the first thing you think of is not a ninja, but a tool to make sauerkraut.

You have an insatiably desire to whack some piece of metal with a smithing hammer and run around town with the resulting object saying "SPOON!"  "SPOON!"  "SPOON!"  in a way that people can't tell if you're crazy or just rather weird.

Someone sees the gold you have and starts talking about the gold standard, and you say 'NO FOR BELLTOWER!', or you're moving gold away from the sight of everyone.

You refuse to drive a car to work, instead you take a horsecart or walk.

You walk around town with a dead turkey carcass on your head.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-06-21 21:30:47)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#2 2019-06-21 21:28:23

InSpace

Re: Signs That You Might Play OHOL

I got one:

cringepost on the forums

#3 2019-06-22 16:31:22

Solbusaur

I play regularly, and none of these click for me. The only thing that does is seeing snow and wanting to make a snowball, but it's been that way for years

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#4 2019-06-22 18:51:31

Taz

OHOL has changed my eating behavior.  My brain has been YUM trained.  When I go to the kitchen to get food now, I almost never eat the same thing more than once in a day.  OHOL has inspired variety in my real diet.

#5 2019-06-22 19:43:42

ollj

i find it off that the same mass of metal makes one knife, or a while boiler.

#6 2019-06-22 20:58:55

BlueDiamondAvatar

You might play OHOL if you....

....get nervous everytime someone gets out a knife to "chop the onions" or "cut the bread".

...say "F" when you are hungry.

...expect babies to stop crying as soon as their mom picks them up.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#7 2019-06-23 02:43:02

D3mon1cblack

hearing the blub blub blub sound when you pour a glass of water or making the tss sound when putting a pie into the oven. Me and a couple of buds actually used f in real life when we were hungry. the looks on peoples faces hahahhaha

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#8 2019-06-23 04:39:50

RodneyC86

Spoonwood posting a light-hearted thread! Surprised!

I developed an interest in pastry since playing OHOL, and baked a few pies and quiches since, to admittedly shitty but edible results
Also, D3mon hit it right on the head - I went tutszzzz when I placed stuff in the oven. F us right? We are borderline nuts

#9 2019-06-24 02:18:36

Sukallinen

Well, you there have different ideas what "borderline" means...

Oh well, we here say stuff like that and nobody takes notice (no, I'm in not some kind of asylum, fyi, and people who don't know me too well see me as decent and ok human being-often I even dress as one). Don't ask me to define "often" please wink

#10 2019-06-24 02:52:45

RodneyC86

Sukallinen wrote:

Well, you there have different ideas what "borderline" means...

Oh well, we here say stuff like that and nobody takes notice (no, I'm in not some kind of asylum, fyi, and people who don't know me too well see me as decent and ok human being-often I even dress as one). Don't ask me to define "often" please wink

It's a cultural thing, eastern civilizations are more subdued and quiet. Making random sound effects when doing some household work is considered very much weird here

Also, I almost tilted after I placed some chopped onions on a plate - my subconscious OHOL mind leaked out and told me I lost the plate forever

#11 2019-06-24 11:46:43

Spiegel

This game has trained me to eat berries only by themselves whenever I'm hungry, as there's nobody around to make pie for me.

. . . Better than a candy bar. >:O

#12 2019-06-25 04:14:39

HopeOnARope

I live in a lovely & hilly neighborhood with a wide variety of mature trees. I do catch myself driving by a ‘useless’ tree and consider taking an axe to it for firewood.

#13 2019-06-25 06:41:46

Kitaelia

I've developed the occasional cooking time management anxiety! Where I begin to lay out everything on the counter in preparation, because my subconscious is telling me I'm going to be able to finish making my food if I take too long and the stove suddenly goes cold!

RodneyC86 wrote:

Also, I almost tilted after I placed some chopped onions on a plate - my subconscious OHOL mind leaked out and told me I lost the plate forever

^ This feeling also temporarily freezes my brain for a moment during my above process! xD

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#14 2019-06-25 10:08:24

Morti

iJrXrC8.jpg
Just one more and I could have had a rope.
Now it's going to take up 2/3 of my basket, instead of just 1/3.

#15 2019-06-25 17:59:08

MistressZues

I work as a security gaurd for a college that has an abandoned golf course and I go into OHOL mode everytime im out there lol. So many foxes coyotes and deer have overrun the place now. .... we should have deer int the game. Venison stew yum!

Last edited by MistressZues (2019-06-25 17:59:26)

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer