One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-23 10:49:50

FulmenTheFinn

Suggestion: Add a feature to block being force-fed by other people

Many a time has a good yum chain been ruined because someone as a gesture of good faith, or perhaps to troll, or simply by accident, fed you something you've already eaten. This can be quite annoying if it's something you've been working on for the past 30 minutes, especially when playing as female, since having a high yum chain, at least to my knowledge, boosts fertility, which in turn ties in to what to me and many others is one of the main reasons for playing as female in OHOL: having kids. And even if that wasn't the case, having high yum is still always desirable due to its effect on reducing food consumption.

Thus I suggest that if possible, some kind of toggleable feature be added to block other people from feeding you.

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#2 2019-06-23 14:42:47

BladeWoods

Re: Suggestion: Add a feature to block being force-fed by other people

The alternative yum chain suggestion would also fix this. https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6638

#3 2019-06-23 20:27:54

futurebird

I think the simple solution would be to make it so you can't feed someone who isn't starving.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-06-23 22:57:12

BladeWoods

I fear an option to totally block feeding other people would make a couple cool situations impossible: Feeding comatose (afk) women. Force feeding prisoners (I know not an actual thing).

#5 2019-06-23 22:59:20

YannaChan
Banned

BladeWoods wrote:

I fear an option to totally block feeding other people would make a couple cool situations impossible: Feeding comatose (afk) women. Force feeding prisoners (I know not an actual thing).

Also old mothers/males feeding babies.

#6 2019-06-24 00:28:01

FulmenTheFinn

BladeWoods wrote:

It could be something as simple as ticking a box in the settings menu. By default this box would be unticked, and most people wouldn't bother with it, leaving the scenario you describe to a few fringe cases where people who have turned the feature on would forget to turn it off when going AFK or the like. Ideally the in-game settings should also be accessible mid-game simply by pressing something like ESC, as is the norm in video games (as opposed to only being accessible from the main menu like in OHOL).

Eve Whiskey, i.e. "Whisler".

Add zoom and hotkeys to the base game (see Hetuw mod) to improve the popularity of the game.

#7 2019-06-24 01:35:13

Sukallinen

It is a problem, usually I do not want to be fed. There is not always a possibility where I kill a griefer, and ppl feeding me is annoying as I may not have time to say "do not feed me plz".

Well, suggested tick-box said up, it can be as easily modified in-game by saying "want fed" or such, in case of emergency. Same to toggle it away, native English speakers can get better short sentence. Players not playing much wouldn't even know such option existed, and it's not usually needed. However it annoys a lot when you get fed out of your 14+ yum. Also it would help when killing griefers-I'd feel much better when I knew there's way I'd not be inadverently(sry thought that was a word? Like, accidentally?) grieved by someone force-feeding me.

#8 2019-06-24 01:38:26

Alec

If you aren't hungry (means you have yum bonus, and food mater is full), you can ignore force-fed.
So, keep full.

(Off course I know, if I wanna get big yum bonus like (+21 from +6, +7, +8), I have to be nearly starving and eat food continuously.
But having risks, is good.)

Board footer