One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-19 22:38:44

MistressZues

Just had a weird bug pop up in game with the bear

My brother was mauled by bear, when I shot at the bear I was not holding shift and did not enter kill mode in fact I had the sad emote on my face. When I shot at the bear the arrow disappeared and my brother let out the death cry. He still had the bear wound showing. I kept telling them it was a bug and I didn't shoot him. No one believed me until my grandma came back to town. She told me to drop the bow, I did. She picked it up aimed at the bear and shot at it. My cousin was shot not the bear. At this point everyone was cursing asking why and wtf and saying report the bug report it!! So I am. So sad I hope my boys survive. I hope my niece lives. She was the only girl in our town.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2019-06-19 22:46:10

futurebird

Re: Just had a weird bug pop up in game with the bear

Your brother had the soul of a bear! That is a strange bug!

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-06-19 23:26:35

Tarr
Banned

Go to your games folder
Go to recorded games
Find the file related to when you were playing
Send that file over to Jason if it's not some ridiculous long video.

Also bug reports go to the github not the forums.

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues
https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/issues

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-06-19 23:43:49

Tarr
Banned

After a quick test I do believe you're fibbing about parts of this story.

It is possible to shoot someone by accident when trying to kill a bear. If you shift click a bear with another player within your radius you'll fail to emote (you won't make the angry kill face and will default from whatever emote you are doing at the time to blank) and the arrow will shoot the player instead of the bear. So the sad emote part of the story is definitely likely untrue.

So what likely happened: Your brother gets mauled by a bear which leads you to shift right clicking the bear (you can left click or right click animals to kill them in the future) which causes you to shoot your brother instead of the bear (hence the murder cry.) Since your brother already had a wound the arrow wound didn't show up on his body and only caused him to die faster.

Then it would seem your grandmother did the same exact thing to the bear. Shift + right clicked the thing while someone else was in range of the bear which shot that player as well instead of the bear.

Please do not add "flavor" to a bug report as I have to try to repeat this a few times to make sure there's not weird emoting happening instead of the kill command emote (which apparently doesn't work when trying to kill an animal with another player in range.)

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2019-06-19 23:50:16

happynova

Oh, huh.  Earlier I had a situation where my mother tried to butcher a dead mouflon and stabbed me with the knife instead.  Based on her reaction, it really, truly did seem to be an accident.  If there is a bug here (combined with people getting confused and shift-right-clicking when they don't need to), that would certainly explain it.

#6 2019-06-19 23:55:59

Tarr
Banned

happynova wrote:

Oh, huh.  Earlier I had a situation where my mother tried to butcher a dead mouflon and stabbed me with the knife instead.  Based on her reaction, it really, truly did seem to be an accident.  If there is a bug here (combined with people getting confused and shift-right-clicking when they don't need to), that would certainly explain it.

I wouldn't say it's truly a bug. You can shift right click on something from a range which means you essentially threaten anything in your threat radius (range one for knife, range three for bow) while walking over to whatever you clicked. In your case your mom likely was trying to butcher the mouflon with kill command and happened to cross you in her path which made her stab you.

The safest example someone can do of this in game is picking up a snowball and shift right clicking a tree near another player. While walking to the tree you will hit the player as you make your way over to the tree with the snowball. It's a really weird interaction that was added to the game due to the shift kill command being a thing about being near someone vs actually clicking them.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2019-06-20 00:30:53

MistressZues

Tarr wrote:

So the sad emote part of the story is definitely likely untrue.

Please do not add "flavor" to a bug report as I have to try to repeat this a few times to make sure there's not weird emoting happening instead of the kill command emote (which apparently doesn't work when trying to kill an animal with another player in range.)

I have the mod where my emote is permantly what I choose, I had the sad emote set. and it was reset after but I never made the angry face. No flavor added.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

Board footer