One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-16 12:24:10

mrbah

Let's talk about decay

Decay is weird, you have a handcart that will last 10 hours and then turn into an old handcart,  which holds three rather than four large items and can't be upgraded .
During the initial 10 hours you can upgrade the hand cart into a hand cart with tires, which has ten hours before becoming a regular hand cart.
If you upgrade a hand cart shortly before it becomes an old cart, you have essentially bought that item twenty additional hours of being in working condition.

The problem is: there is no way to tell which item is how old.

If you have three broken steel tools and you don't know which one of them will dissapear in a few seconds, you might waste half an iron. if you have two tires right now and two hand carts, you have to guess and then make another set of tires before the cart breaks down.

Players can't make educated decisions, because they can't see the data, meaning the most optimal strategy would be for players to pass on the knowledge.

(by the way, a horsecart will never dissapear, is that actually intended? How is a horsecart more longlively than a hand cart?)

#2 2019-06-16 12:42:14

Joseph Stalin

Re: Let's talk about decay

shh dont make him decay horsies

#3 2019-06-16 13:16:33

Grim_Arbiter

mrbah wrote:

(by the way, a horsecart will never dissapear, is that actually intended? How is a horsecart more longlively than a hand cart?)

See I wouldn't have a problem with horses decaying if we had a way to produce more. If we had horse breeding it would make more sense for decay.

Horses now can be harder to get than iron in later towns, and sometimes you have to go just as far to get them. Ive gone hundreds of tiles and all the deserts had been picked clean of horses. They get lost and never returned more than anything in game I think.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-06-16 13:17:06

Sukallinen

Horses are cared for, bred, and (though not shown in game yet) replaced by their offspring. At the moment it happens "behind the scenes". Also as a more valuable asset people take so good care of cart it will last long time.

#5 2019-06-16 13:51:09

mrbah

Sukallinen wrote:

Horses are cared for, bred, and (though not shown in game yet) replaced by their offspring. At the moment it happens "behind the scenes". Also as a more valuable asset people take so good care of cart it will last long time.

hungry horsecart:
needs 1 carrot, will decay into handcart if not fed within 5 hours

Board footer