One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-15 11:44:09

mrbah

lots of eves

when I tried to reconnect after a dc, I was spawned as an eve with a little girl.
(aproximately 55 minutes ago)
Neither of us had any kids
Now that I have died, it seems like a lot of eves died recently, was there an issue with the server?
Did I not play on bigserver2?
Edit:
in my previous life, i was of the family omega.
I can not find a record of that life. I am going to assume that there was an issue with the server? or was it because of the Disconnect?

speaking of disconnects, i keep having disconnects at 02:00 CEST or shortly after.
I can usually disconnect, but it's an issue.
I wonder if displaying that a player is disconnected makes sense, so you can feed them.

Last edited by mrbah (2019-06-15 11:49:51)

#2 2019-06-15 12:15:04

Kitaelia

Re: lots of eves

There was a server update. smile

Some info on the game's servers for people who may not know how they work:

There are 16 servers in total, but we all mostly play on one main server.
When there needs to be an update to the game, servers have to restart.
Half of the servers are updated and restart at a time.
First the Odd numbered servers. They enter what is called "Children of Men" mode.
Children of Men mode means nobody can have babies. Everyone is infertile.
Anyone trying to be born during this time will spawn on the top Even numbered server.
The main server that mostly everyone plays on is an Even numbered server, so they are generally unaffected by this first phase.
Once everyone on the Odd numbered servers has died, the servers will restart and update.
Then the Even numbered servers enter Children of Men mode. Even servers are now infertile.
Now anyone trying to be born will spawn on the top Odd numbered server.
Once everyone on the Even servers has died, they will restart and apply the update.
NOW everyone will go back to being defaulted to the main server when the updates are done.
^ Because of this, the people who spawned on the top Odd numbered server are practically infertile because the game will be defaulting new spawns back to the main server. The only people who will spawn to this server now are people who set their spawn settings specifically to this server in the settings section.

Here is a link to the live server list:
OHOL Servers

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#3 2019-06-15 12:56:52

mrbah

Re: lots of eves

Kitaelia wrote:

First the Odd numbered servers. They enter what is called "Children of Men" mode.
Children of Men mode means nobody can have babies. Everyone is infertile./url]

How does that explain how i was able to have one singular kid, is spawning with a kid as an eve different from getting a child after spawning into the game?
Also does this explain why my old character just dissapeared? I can't find him in my lineage.

So the servers crashed.
how does that cause everyone to not get children? because everyone is already playing as an eve?

Last edited by mrbah (2019-06-15 17:08:24)

Board footer