One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-13 08:16:40

redbird

My mother traded me for a bowl of milk

I was born a Leser. My mom took care of me and loved me, or so I thought, but times were hard and she needed food. Milk lady demanded a trade. “You can have this,” Mother said, and plopped me over to her. “Ok,” New Mommy said, and gave me pants.

I spent most of my life milkweed farming with grandma and building a cart to run away in, understandably. Later, I returned with with a child of my own. Apparently, they had gotten married. Yes, Mother and the Milk Maid.

Ma apologized for the trading me, but I couldn’t be mad. Both were nice moms and I had a funny story for my kid. I never did properly run away.

Town got...murder-y, so I spent my remaining days helping my nephew build a house on the edge of town, quiet and peaceful-like. (Thanks for the shovel, smithee!)

In case you missed my last words, Nephew, “It was nice building with you.”

(P.S. Mommas Leser, I found the entire situation hilarious.)

Last edited by redbird (2019-06-13 08:17:39)

#2 2019-06-13 20:54:13

HopeOnARope

Re: My mother traded me for a bowl of milk

Hi Daughter- I think that may have been me. I did throw a baby in the direction of a milkmaid in trade. Previously, the milkmaid had refused my offerings of a firebrand, or a basket of adobe. You were the only commodity I had ‘on-hand’ at the time. I wanted that bowl of milk badly.

I don’t remember marrying the milkmaid, though I may have. It is possible that this opportunistic milkmaid frequently peddles her milk bowls around fire-nurseries. Seems very predatory to tempt a hungry chaining post-partum nursing mother during a most vulnerable time.

#3 2019-06-14 00:56:50

RoosterFoot

Re: My mother traded me for a bowl of milk

MY BABY!! It was me!! big_smile I was your mom! I married your other mom after I totally didn't gamble my children for some milk. I found the situation quite humorous and still loved you very much!

and then everyone started shooting eachother with bows. Not quite sure what happened there.

Board footer