One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 21:25:53

Pediluve

''CoolBro'' , The Cool Story

I remember the first sentence of my mom like i remember my first word ...

Mom - wassup little man?

me - y .... o.

Mom - Damn baby you're sick

me - y....e..

Mom - I got the coolest baby of the city

me - co....ol

Mom - You are CoolBro.

At this moment, it rang in my ears .... ''CoolBro''.... I had to take as much responsibility possible.
Starting by the farm. (the farm first, it's an easy way to keep fed and do a really important part : make food for everyone)
I knew i had to go as soon as my legs felt strong enough to go into the hunt... The carrot type one.
I ran into the farm and asked for the ''seeds row'' to not make any mistake and started farming like a boss.

We've hit it... We've hit it ... The moment we need baskets ... we're flooded by junks and not enough basket to keep it ...
Well ! time to get some then. asked my Bro to get into the farming instead of me, to teach futur children and keep them under safety.
took some carrots with me, a sharp stone and got away with a chariot with a single thing in my mind ''baskets''.
I came back several time with four baskets each time, i've bring close to twenty four before having my firstborn.
I've been a bad mom .... A really bad one.
I can't even remember the name of those (only one marked me, i'll speak about here later) because i wasn't really taking care of them...

I had the same routine for each kid :
"You are ... "
"You are cool"
"You are sick"
"you are the best"
"Show them"
"i'll show you the seeds, no picky before caroty''

Then I would show them the village around, the seeds and the water place to finally put them near the fire where other mom took care of them.
Sorry to all those children who deserved a lovely mom. You had The Cool One.

The farm was doing good but we needed soil. I decided i should make some after many attempt of asking for it but wait, my brother was on it !
we made soil like monsters, in 10-15 years we had soil for generations ! What a relief (well... three or four at most.. but still ! )
And .... Another kid.. A female ! We needed one ! Took some food with me, got to the fire and met my mom again.
My mom got old. Like everybody. She gave me Her clothes and told me "You have sick farming skills, bro.".
"Thanks, BroMom. I love you." I answered before giving Her clothes to my child.
"You are Cool, Bro. I love you too." She whispered . It was Her last word. That's when I picked the child and said

"You are Emily".

She was the one supposed to save us and i was old enough for her to be my last child. I ... Felt it.
From the beginning, I felt something special about this child, she answered me, wasn't only saying ''hi'' and ''f'', I knew she will keep on The Cool Legacy.
I got through the routine with some extra, told her she'll be the best and I was right.

Took me some time to sort some things of but I then decided it was time to shine.
So I checked on everyone in the village if they were alright and not struggling with to much work.
The farm. Again. The farm wasn't doing good.
Without my Bro or myself to take care of the kid, they weren't handling it well except one kid in particular.
Emily was doing well, she stayed at the farm and helped but the other kids decided to do something else.
something more... interesting than farming like hunting or sheep herding. but the truth was here.
We were going to our demise. Took some responsibility and asked the people of the village to come to help the farm. they understood.
It was amazing, everybody working together and getting the farm back, we even had a new "Waterman".
My Bro and me were getting old, we knew it was our time. He tried to speak:

Bro - "We're old, Eheh"

Me - "Yes... But we're Cool, Bro"

Bro - "Ahah"

His... His last smile was the brightest i've ever see in my entire life.

I then teached Emily how to be cool :

"Keep an eye open, and help other"
"do as much as you can handle, no more"
"Be the best and show them you are the best"
"Tell people what to do, they don't have any idea what they are doing"
"people are stupid, they focus on one things. always check if everyone is doing good"
"I love you"

May we meet again

Last edited by Pediluve (2018-04-04 14:15:17)

#2 2018-04-03 21:49:59

Merry

Re: ''CoolBro'' , The Cool Story

That was cool

#3 2018-04-04 03:31:19

breezeknight

definately cool big_smile

i make lots of farming too, it's calming & basic, no rush
as long there is someone looking out for the soil, i'm good with farming & taking care to get enough seeds
if not, i still can make soil myself

i progress slowly, first master farming, next is basic making of clothes
never baked a pie, never cared for any of the animals aside of running away, never bothered with smithwork, never spend time with woodwork
one day it will be the case, but first Mastership in Farming, second Basic Clothes big_smile

#4 2018-04-04 06:05:40

Lum

Cooper Coolbro Froio, you really were the coolest and sickest bro I ever got the chance to raise.

-ur mom

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#5 2018-04-04 11:58:24

Pediluve

This playthrough was one of my best.
Really had a blast playing this character.
Thanks mom for creating a Legend.

Board footer