One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 13:17:15

Laura

You want a killer? You get a killer

I Play 30 Min and every fucking time i got killed.
I really have enough!

In my home sweet home town some asshole destroy every ~50 berry bushes.
A girl and myself try to rebuild and then another one came and kill me.

I HAVE ENOUGH.

You want a killer?  YOU GET SOME!

At this point (i write since two weeks or more that we need a solution!) i become a murder.
I will fuck up every city i find and kill everybody. Destroy everything UNTIL Jason make an update!
I can´t belive that i must done this shit, but i can´t handle this anymore!
Everytime i rebuild what a griefer had destoyed another killer fuck this up.

JASON PLEASE CHANGE the fucking game! PLEASE!
Until this time i swear: a new killer is in town!

#2 2018-04-03 13:19:35

Aname

Re: You want a killer? You get a killer

Nice

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#3 2018-04-03 13:26:50

Laura

No, this is not nice.

Jason, WE want a solution.
I give you a week - so please make it harder for griefers!
this game is amazing and WE put so much work into the game and so much
love and time.

I wont play this game anymore.
I look for some other game.

I am out here.
Before i become a killer i quit this game.

#4 2018-04-03 13:31:27

Dagar

Very smart. Instead of constructive criticism or just plain stepping away from the game for some time, let's destroy it even more.
Every griefer/murderer gets bored at some point and either stops playing or re-integrates into the normally behaving player base. Your selfish and self-entitled behaviour just leads to more frustration in this player base. Jason however will not be affected until the long term, as these players all already paid. So you just dry out the community of dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced players you actually hope to play with.

Apart from that, I am fairly sure Jason is already working on something regarding killing. There is just no way he ignores what 80% of threads here revolve around.

#5 2018-04-03 13:31:27

Kouyate

This a really interesting view at how killers are born.

#6 2018-04-03 13:39:32

quaity

It doesn't affect me one way or another how you play the game

#7 2018-04-03 13:57:40

Laura

Dagar wrote:

Very smart. Instead of constructive criticism or just plain stepping away from the game for some time, let's destroy it even more.
Every griefer/murderer gets bored at some point and either stops playing or re-integrates into the normally behaving player base. Your selfish and self-entitled behaviour just leads to more frustration in this player base. Jason however will not be affected until the long term, as these players all already paid. So you just dry out the community of dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced players you actually hope to play with.

Apart from that, I am fairly sure Jason is already working on something regarding killing. There is just no way he ignores what 80% of threads here revolve around.

Read the 3# post

#8 2018-04-03 14:33:39

Aname

Nice

#9 2018-04-03 14:39:57

breezeknight

@Laura

i think too that the murder needs some nerfing & solutions into the hands of peaceful players

but

maybe you should relax, it's indeed just a game
in this game people who play bloody FPS, RPG & combat RTS meet those who play city builders, management games, The Sims (probably) & all sorts of casual games - it clashes

to answer with violence is not the right thing - never
if you don't like the current state of the game - take a break & play something more calming

& if it never gets sorted out - ask for refund

#10 2018-04-03 14:51:15

Aname

Yea im prob taking a break too. its just getting annoying and there isnt really anything new to build.

and today i saw a great village where i lived totally destroyed pretty sad. all the berry bushes where gone.

#11 2018-04-03 14:58:17

TrustyWay

Killers are very dangerous in careless city, killing people isn't a problem, but griefing is :

I oftenly kill people, but I never mass murder or kill young women. It is so usefull to have less mouth to feed. I kill when I need to most of the times.

But griefing is just shit, I saw an old town of mine where all the floors were removed, all fences turned into tongs, all ponds were empty. It feels like being Henry coming back in his destroyed home but with tongs everywhere

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-03 15:03:14)

#12 2018-04-03 15:34:11

Laura

Yes, i freaked a bit out ^^;
I really need a break.
I love this game in the beginning but now its just ... "who is a killer"-game.
Is the baby i born a murder?
Or the new guy in town?
Is there really a bear or just someone who try to make panik?

I really hope that Jason make an update.

#13 2018-04-03 15:43:59

TrustyWay

Laura wrote:

i really hope that Jason make an update.

It's our duty to prevent murders ourself, I like the idea that the game who is about everybody helps to improve, I almost never get stabbed, many times when someone is talking to me with a knife in his packback, I know he will try to stab me which he does most of ths time but I had to die so many times.

The acctual cooldown is enough long, except if you're new you have enough the time to kill the killers. I have seen so many people get starved to death by the knife's cool down.

Fully dress with rabbits fur you lose like 6 hunger bar before being able to do anything else. People wont never feed you by fear to get stab next.

#14 2018-04-03 15:53:50

Lexyvil

There are more considerate players than there are murderers in-game from my experience playing. From that, I can assume that if everyone had a knife/bow, they could hunt down the killer easily.

Also the last update made people less likely to get away from killing: dead bloodied bones linger much longer (5 minutes or so, for evidence) and the range for bows used to kill got shorter (down to 3 tiles). Also players have a longer slowdown in movement after a kill, and can't kill again for quite some time.

I rather enjoy the idea that a civilization should defend itself. I, as a player who favours contribution, often attempt at getting a weapon near me or in my bag to be a town savior in such cases, which feels very rewarding if you manage that. I've seen other "guards" on the lookout, too, trusted people.

At least there are screams now since the 30-31th March update, for when someone dies, we can even hear it from afar (from how far, that I still don't know). The sound is stereo too, you know if a person had died to the west or the east, which can asssure you can reach the murderer and kill them yourself in time.

What is better now is that with names, we can better warn others by saying the killer's name (if the murderer has a name).

Last edited by Lexyvil (2018-04-03 16:09:38)

#15 2018-04-03 18:29:52

Dchella

TrustyWay wrote:

Killers are very dangerous in careless city, killing people isn't a problem, but griefing is :

I oftenly kill people, but I never mass murder or kill young women. It is so usefull to have less mouth to feed. I kill when I need to most of the times.

But griefing is just shit, I saw an old town of mine where all the floors were removed, all fences turned into tongs, all ponds were empty. It feels like being Henry coming back in his destroyed home but with tongs everywhere

Poor Henry of Skalitz..
Atleast he could use those tongs for his future blacksmithing:

#16 2018-04-04 02:33:45

Trustworthy

Yeah, I completely agree Laura, but I think at this point it's just worth leaving this game and moving onto more enjoyable things to do.
This really is just a PvP game now and you have to go into it planning to kill and make other people unhappy before they get you.

I've given up myself and just occasionally check the forums and discord, but unfortunately it looks like Jason's just doubling down on the edgelord game design philosophy (and now letting griefers craft things to kill everyone and wipe all items from entire servers?).

The player count has already dropped by about two thirds since this griefing problem started, there won't be much of a game left to play here soon anyway.

#17 2018-04-04 03:08:48

veene

Trustworthy wrote:

Yeah, I completely agree Laura, but I think at this point it's just worth leaving this game and moving onto more enjoyable things to do.
This really is just a PvP game now and you have to go into it planning to kill and make other people unhappy before they get you.

I've given up myself and just occasionally check the forums and discord, but unfortunately it looks like Jason's just doubling down on the edgelord game design philosophy (and now letting griefers craft things to kill everyone and wipe all items from entire servers?).

The player count has already dropped by about two thirds since this griefing problem started, there won't be much of a game left to play here soon anyway.

agreed but a solution to this will be really hard to make, but if griefers couldn't kill, they would get bored griefing much faster

#18 2018-04-04 03:21:27

Alleria

TrustyWay wrote:
Laura wrote:

i really hope that Jason make an update.

It's our duty to prevent murders ourself, I like the idea that the game who is about everybody helps to improve, I almost never get stabbed, many times when someone is talking to me with a knife in his packback, I know he will try to stab me which he does most of ths time but I had to die so many times.

The acctual cooldown is enough long, except if you're new you have enough the time to kill the killers. I have seen so many people get starved to death by the knife's cool down.

Fully dress with rabbits fur you lose like 6 hunger bar before being able to do anything else. People wont never feed you by fear to get stab next.

I've been fed three times out of four after killing someone. The trick is you need to establish rapport as being a non-griefer.

Anyway, I haven't been killed in pvp in the past ten hours of gameplay, so I really think you guys are overblowing the issue...

Last edited by Alleria (2018-04-04 03:22:34)

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#19 2018-04-04 03:25:55

Portager

Trustworthy wrote:

I have noticed this decrease as well, but it is hard to gauge whether this is just a natural drop off following all the publicity that the game got during the launch period, or if this is correlated to the increased rate of griefing in the game.

At the moment, and albeit it is midweek, there are only 122 people playing the game. This is way down from the numbers I saw a few weeks ago.

#20 2018-04-04 06:57:35

Laura

At the moment, and albeit it is midweek, there are only 122 people playing the game. This is way down from the numbers I saw a few weeks ago.

Yeah bc all who have fun at playing don´t want to get killed anymore ...
This project will shut down, when jason don´t make a solution.

I mean okay, i undestand: Killing for fun.
But in one of my last games there was my uncle, he raise me, he give me clothes, show me the farm, i help.
I come back with water and then: he kill me with knife.
WHY? Why did he rais me, give me clothes, help me and then kill me?
And yes, it was the same person.
I understand when someone have fun and run around - he or she just live in the game for killing.

Another one: A woman, live with 3 other woman and a lot of kids and she kill a woman and NO one say a word about it.
time by time she kill someone and no one did anything. And i am like: wtf - hey?
And NO one answer. Not the killer. Not the woman. No one. None of the other babys too.
And she lived her life, help farming and ... kill someone who is helping (bring water). So ... WHAT?
I don´t get it.

I want a single Player modus - i am out at this point hmm
Great Idea. Asshole gamers.
Single Player Modus = brilliant. I would pay again 20$ for it.

#21 2018-04-04 07:19:52

Baker

Just play on an empty server.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#22 2018-04-04 07:47:06

Alacandor

First of all, in post #3 you say: "this game is amazing and WE put so much work into the game and so much
love and time.".
I have to strongly disagree on this point. When exactly did you work for the game? Please remember, you are a user, not a creator. You don t really work, instead you play in your freetime a game. In my opinion it s really really wrong to put yourself on a stage with Jason, who works on the game as his daily work.

But to the topic: I can t play this often because of work and therefore only have some hours of gameplay till now. Still I want to say, there were not that many grievers in my lives till now. Something like 5 or 6 at most. In relation to the unbelievable amount of nice or at least neutral players this is nothing. Again, this is my experience. If you die this often, than maybe you are just unlucky.

Because of the less grievers i encountered, i would be against a mechanic against grievers. If Jason didn t put it in the game, there are two possible reasons, of which i can think.
First: he didn t want to regulate the players. Which is fine. The game seems to work till now and i think, it will allways work. Simply because the grievers are outnumbert by far.
Second: He works on something else and didn t have the time for this till now. Which is also fine. He is the creator, so he gets to decide, which feature gets in the game and when it does. Also please keep in mind, that working on a game is a creative work. When there is a problem, like in this case grievers, the programmer has to find a way to solve this problem in a way, which fits the game. And knives also like bows have a real use, which is important right now. So banning is not a solution. Also one hour one life lives of its freedom for the players. A immortallity buff against knives would therefor also not work well, because it destroys the illusion to hold a knive.

Therefore i would ask you dearly not to griev, dear laura. Maybe you will get more lucky in the next runs.

Thanks at whoever read this hole text and sorry for failures in my text. i m not a natural english
speaker

#23 2018-04-04 08:04:33

Laura

I am to stupid to kill.
An old man has a last wish: kill me with my own knife and i try it but he starve ...

I want to support this amazing game so i buy it and play it every day 2-3 hours in my free time.
I build and plant, i help and teach others.
This is "work in the game" to help the community to have fun.

I wish Jason would change it - because i wish him luck and a lot of money.
But with this ... i think the game is dead in 1-2 weeks.

#24 2018-04-04 15:45:41

rebb

Unfortunately it doesn't take much to spoil the broth.
It has happened in a few games that were originally supposed to be of much broader scope but people decided to fall back to the same old and simplistic "kill shit lulz" mentality.
Things like DayZ could have been great but quickly became some kind of psychopathy sandbox instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if people start white-listed servers somehow where you have to apply to get in, or disable murder completely.
Either way would kind of sabotage the whole idea of the game, but so does mindless griefing and killing for some cheap laughs.

Last edited by rebb (2018-04-04 15:46:30)

#25 2018-04-05 01:02:36

Alleria

Why are you guys still dying to griefers? With all the latest anti-pvp griefer mechanics, you shouldn't be dying. I haven't died from a griefer in the past 40 hours of play time.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

Board footer