One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-05 01:59:20

RoosterFoot

Actually successful Apocalypses

Heya, newly registered on here through steam, but I've been playing a few months.

Today as I was playing, being an elderly old man, taking a shovel to bury my friend who just passed away making pies with me; I heard something like a loud, slow belltower ringing. I had my suspicions, and after looking it up, my gut twisted.

I was right.

An apocalypse tower.

I had a feeling that it would be targetted by everyone on the bloody server, not wanting their megatowns to be stripped away. I wanted to run after where I heard it, but I was nearing my final days..

Which makes me think, have there been any successful apocalypses since the endtower/endstone/yaddayadda update? I know that they're very easy to intercept, meaning it's pretty impossible to set one off. (thank god)

But, has anyone witnessed a modern one set off, or heard the bells before? Seen someone suspicious and realize "oh hell, they're trying to make an endtower,"? Anything, even if it's little, I'd love to know more on how common these things are now. Tell me your stories!

Please keep in mind I'm asking out of pure curiosity, since I've never witnessed any of these events before until today, and am a rather new player.

Last edited by RoosterFoot (2019-06-05 02:00:03)

#2 2019-06-05 02:49:06

Tarr
Banned

Re: Actually successful Apocalypses

If I recall correctly there's been a grand total of three. The first two sort of slipped under the radar after people were using apocalypse towers as bells since the player base was getting tired of being dragged to towns using a tier 1 tower (one endstone block) to basically summon people.

The third apocalypse was planned after the spring rework as it wasn't actually possible to test how the changes messed with the meta without actually doing a server reset.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-06-05 04:03:30

Bob 101

Makes you feel like Thanos when you've been working on the apocalypse.

#4 2019-06-05 07:52:52

DarkDrak

Ayy.
76hnSRs.png
It was surprisingly lots of work, but it was the funniest project so far.

Youtube guide to Oil and Kerosene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKSZHPiUK6A
Youtube guide to Diesel Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA&t=5s

World is not black and white

#5 2019-06-05 07:59:41

LunyTerror

DarkDrak wrote:

Ayy.
https://i.imgur.com/76hnSRs.png
It was surprisingly lots of work, but it was the funniest project so far.

Bruh

I name all my boys Elias and all my girls Eylul. If you get named Elias or Eylul It's me. smile

#6 2019-06-05 11:14:49

CatX

Nice. I was online when the apocalypse happened. Everything turned white, I starved to death, and got the message "Cause of death: apocalypse"

I thought we were supposed to live through the end of the world now, and that it would just erase buildings?

#7 2019-06-05 11:49:05

MistressZues

CatX wrote:

Nice. I was online when the apocalypse happened. Everything turned white, I starved to death, and got the message "Cause of death: apocalypse"

I thought we were supposed to live through the end of the world now, and that it would just erase buildings?

I heard when it went off but still lived to old age and died forty minutes after it rang i thought it was an instant kill?? when did it finally end all?

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#8 2019-06-05 11:50:34

Spoonwood

Tarr wrote:

If I recall correctly there's been a grand total of three. The first two sort of slipped under the radar after people were using apocalypse towers as bells since the player base was getting tired of being dragged to towns using a tier 1 tower (one endstone block) to basically summon people.

The third apocalypse was planned after the spring rework as it wasn't actually possible to test how the changes messed with the meta without actually doing a server reset.

There's been at least two more on low population servers (server14 the original one and I think server3 was the other one I saw a picture of).

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#9 2019-06-05 12:06:21

CatX

MistressZues wrote:

I heard when it went off but still lived to old age and died forty minutes after it rang i thought it was an instant kill?? when did it finally end all?

I died from the apocalypse in this life:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4721420

My screen was all white, so my last words were: "I can't see!"

Board footer