One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-01 20:42:43

futurebird

Strange man in a strange land.

I was born to a 15 year old girl with no name but Eve in the forest. She seemed to know just a little about surviving and I had to feed her several times to keep her from dying. But I still had high hopes... Once I found a lot of berry bushes I told her to wait there as she was having more kids and I went to scout for a better spot for us to live. But only a few years later she was dead, with no living children but me, a boy soon to be a man all alone in the vast wilderness.

I thought about giving up but for some reason I didn't I'd seen signs of civilization so I followed them and soon I found a town. As a white man I stuck out like a sore thumb. The people in this town all had brown skin and dark hair. There was a handsome young man who always smiled at me and his sister who didn't seem to trust me as much. She was very pretty though, and it is crude but I had a hard time hiding how felt as everyone had no clothing. I worked to correct this. I gave her rabbits and I gave her the blue hat that I found as a boy and I gave her my pack... but she could not understand a word that I said to her. She trusted me now... but I could I tell her that I was in love???

Soon she had a little girl and I hoped that I could talk to her with the help of the child, but I was too late to teach the little girl my mother's strange language. I was so sad that I had to leave. She'd never know how I felt about her. I decided to look for milkweed and try to forget my heartache.

But instead I found a town.

5qh5R00.jpg

A ruin of a town, but there was a horse so I could bring even better things back for her! I packed the cart full of all the riches I could find, but when I got back I discovered she had died... How foolish that I wandered off. I tried to talk to her daughter and smiling brother again... but still no one knew what I was saying. I found her bones and buried her.

She had decided to put on the blue hat that I gave her after all. The blue hat rests by her grave.

Last edited by futurebird (2019-06-01 20:46:32)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-06-01 21:57:48

Spoonwood

Re: Strange man in a strange land.

futurebird wrote:

She trusted me now... but I could I tell her that I was in love???

Alright, this is a question, not a suggestion which almost surely would get relegated to the circular file or 'memory hole' pretty quickly if we were doing things as we should.

No, you don't have time to complete a radio for communication.

No, you don't have the ability to learn a foreign language in 40 years.  OHOL people usually pick up languages slower than the children who get the worst grades in foreign language class I guess.

Roses might get taken as a sign of trying to induce and allergy in someone.

Make a stone road which says 'Love' if imagined that someone saw it from the sky?  No... she might not have a zoom feature, so that's not likely enough to work.

Be bold enough to stand next to her and use the heart emote, and turn it off as soon as you go away from her?  Then come back to her and put the heart emote back on?  I think that might work.

Sure, your gesture of a heart emotion might get understood as something other than love, but I think that happens often enough in real life with shy people trying to express love.

Oh... and physical affection might lead to her or someone in the village accussing you of sexual harassment or sexual violence... at least I should have that warning in there, and OHOL people haven't even invented something like the Code of Hammurabi ("an eye for an eye", "a tooth for a tooth").  OHOL people are still before that code in terms of the development of their laws, killing anyone for any transgression.  And good luck getiing a presumption of innocence or any sort of fair trial.  So, better be careful with that love stuff, sir.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-06-02 14:06:25

testo

Spoonwood wrote:
futurebird wrote:

She trusted me now... but I could I tell her that I was in love???

Alright, this is a question, not a suggestion which almost surely would get relegated to the circular file or 'memory hole' pretty quickly if we were doing things as we should.

No, you don't have time to complete a radio for communication.

No, you don't have the ability to learn a foreign language in 40 years.  OHOL people usually pick up languages slower than the children who get the worst grades in foreign language class I guess.

Roses might get taken as a sign of trying to induce and allergy in someone.

Make a stone road which says 'Love' if imagined that someone saw it from the sky?  No... she might not have a zoom feature, so that's not likely enough to work.

Be bold enough to stand next to her and use the heart emote, and turn it off as soon as you go away from her?  Then come back to her and put the heart emote back on?  I think that might work.

Sure, your gesture of a heart emotion might get understood as something other than love, but I think that happens often enough in real life with shy people trying to express love.

Oh... and physical affection might lead to her or someone in the village accussing you of sexual harassment or sexual violence... at least I should have that warning in there, and OHOL people haven't even invented something like the Code of Hammurabi ("an eye for an eye", "a tooth for a tooth").  OHOL people are still before that code in terms of the development of their laws, killing anyone for any transgression.  And good luck getiing a presumption of innocence or any sort of fair trial.  So, better be careful with that love stuff, sir.

Pick knife make paper, make pencil, write her a poem. GG ez.

Last edited by testo (2019-06-02 14:07:57)

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#4 2019-06-02 14:45:30

futurebird

I didn't think of paper! I guess, in truth I was too shy to write a poem. Really this was one of my favorite lives in a long while. I was doing a lot, and it was really different and it inspired me to imagine a fairly deep story for the things that were happening.

Deciding to stay alive when I normally wouldn't opened a whole lot of posibilites.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer