One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-01 10:54:58

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Major changes

So this game keeps changing and changing just because some people like to grief and and some people are cry babies cant handle griefing first with curse system lol i think this game should change its name into the grieffers not one hour one life because i feel like the focus is all about griefers other then the game for example being an eve was one of the most major things in the game but that got ban because some people cryy that some eves murder them and then they go like its ok just run away when u grow up and pretend ur an eve no thats not the fun part of being an eve the fun part was having a name and seeing ur family grow and grow with ur name but i guess that wont happen again becaude some people are cry babies maybe cry babies shouldnt play online games cuz guess what every online game has griffers maybe u guys should play with bots this way u wont get griffed

I really love this baby on my display

#2 2019-06-01 10:57:16

MultiLife

Re: Major changes

Somebody could argue people whining about the Eve change are crybabies.
Mind blown.

Anyways seriously though, Jason tends to make very extreme changes oftentimes which causes extreme results. How about you stop trying to put other people down and construct a well-thought out post about your problem and maybe suggest what you'd like to have when playing this game?

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-06-01 10:58:26)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-06-01 11:24:03

Post apocalyptic
Banned

MultiLife wrote:

Somebody could argue people whining about the Eve change are crybabies.
Mind blown.

Anyways seriously though, Jason tends to make very extreme changes oftentimes which causes extreme results. How about you stop trying to put other people down and construct a well-thought out post about your problem and maybe suggest what you'd like to have when playing this game?

The eve ban resulted to nothing just that some of us want to be eves for a good reason but we cant have that anymore do you think that griffing stopped ? Even after the eve ban i got grifferd like 10 times lol from people out of town so tell me what did the eve ban result to ? Did the griffeing stop ? Also with the curse system all it did was make it a fun game for griffers i was a victim of being cursed for no reason by griffers i had to spend 5 hours in donkey town for no good reason because twin griffers thought it was fun to make some people go to donkey town and people believed them and started cursing me so tell me again did griefing really stop with all these changes ?

#4 2019-06-01 13:53:21

Spoonwood

Reading the original post, I don't see a consistent point.

Griefers get complained about, but then its suggested that people should just play with bots to avoid griefers.

I'm completely suspicious of the original post, and I don't believe it's a good faith effort to say anything constructive.  It more looks like an attempt to invalidate any serious discussion of changes in the game by trying to say that all complaints are unreasonable.

If I've misunderstood the original post, it really could use an edit... I find it more difficult to read than pein's writing (who is intelligent and has many good points.. his style of writing just isn't the clearest).

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2019-06-01 14:03:25

Solbusaur

Post apocalyptic wrote:

What I got from this was 'This game is becoming stupid because people don't like getting griefed, so Jason gave them a way to banish them. Now people don't like getting griefed by Eves, so Jason has reduced the number of Eves. Can't you all just handle a little bit of griefing?'

Eve griefing was not a little problem. They could keep respawning within walking distances of towns, and could raid them without any consequences except getting killed by the town's residents. They get killed, and /die until they were Eves again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Also, the curse system had nothing wrong with it. You get one token every two hours, it's not like you can just kick out everyone you disagree with. Only the worst of the worst manage to get sent to Donkey Town, they're the ones that rack up the most curses in the least time

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#6 2019-06-01 15:10:15

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Solbusaur wrote:
Post apocalyptic wrote:

What I got from this was 'This game is becoming stupid because people don't like getting griefed, so Jason gave them a way to banish them. Now people don't like getting griefed by Eves, so Jason has reduced the number of Eves. Can't you all just handle a little bit of griefing?'

Eve griefing was not a little problem. They could keep respawning within walking distances of towns, and could raid them without any consequences except getting killed by the town's residents. They get killed, and /die until they were Eves again. Wash, rinse, repeat. Also, the curse system had nothing wrong with it. You get one token every two hours, it's not like you can just kick out everyone you disagree with. Only the worst of the worst manage to get sent to Donkey Town, they're the ones that rack up the most curses in the least time

I will say one thing you did understand me in ur first point cant you see the game is decreasing the privilages we liked just because some people can't handle griefinng and its not like griefing stopped as i said i already got griefed 10 times already after the update so what next ? Because im pretty sure and you will hear it people will still complain about getting griefed because its still happening im pretty sure the war sword will be out of the game soon because people cant handle it lol thats what i mean by crybabies

#7 2019-06-01 15:22:10

futurebird

It's much much better now though. There will always be griefing in the game. And that isn't a big deal. But there is such a thing as too much. I get you are frustrated about not being able to Eve. So, we should think about ways to address THAT not insult people because they rightly pointed out that the combination of close Eve spawns and /die caused too much griefing.

But really you are missing one of the other major impacts of the change: families last longer because they are not competing with 1000 (that's the real number) eves a day. I know everyone wants the ego boost of getting to name a line. But you can't do that in every single game. It's just selfish. Being eve is special and you can still end up being eve now. I was Eve just two days ago. And I made the most of it. It should be that you need to annoy other players by using /die to get those opertunities, but they SHOULD be rare.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#8 2019-06-01 15:26:55

Post apocalyptic
Banned

futurebird wrote:

It's much much better now though. There will always be griefing in the game. And that isn't a big deal. But there is such a thing as too much. I get you are frustrated about not being able to Eve. So, we should think about ways to address THAT not insult people because they rightly pointed out that the combination of close Eve spawns and /die caused too much griefing.

But really you are missing one of the other major impacts of the change: families last longer because they are not competing with 1000 (that's the real number) eves a day. I know everyone wants the ego boost of getting to name a line. But you can't do that in every single game. It's just selfish. Being eve is special and you can still end up being eve now. I was Eve just two days ago. And I made the most of it. It should be that you need to annoy other players by using /die to get those opertunities, but they SHOULD be rare.

Also the dying baby thing is very very annoying extremely i have like maybe 50 babies and only 2 stayed heh

#9 2019-06-01 15:56:04

DestinyCall

Allowing people to become Eve as much as they want was causing a lot of problems.   Not just the horrible griefing we experienced when Eve spawns were moved closer together, but it also has been creating too many different family lines that are too spread out and more likely to fail due to a lack of children.   

It is inevitable that not all Eve camps will be successful and not all family lines will live many generations.   But the failure of many villages is a quiet death caused by not enough people.   The more Eves we have starting unique villages, the more spread out the player population becomes.    Too few villages and everyone is crowded into a couple of families.   Too many villages and everyone is scattered across a bunch of low population families that are constantly on the brink of extinction.   It is a delicate balance and hard to achieve when anyone who wants to start their own family can use /die to escape the rebirth cycle. 

Personally, I think this has been a problem for a long, long time and has impacted OHOL in many ways - contributing to the number of /die babies, dead towns, and the rarity of spawning as an Eve if you DON'T use /die.    The recent changes to the Eve spawning mechanics forced this issue to the front because of the griefer Eve exploit, but the actual issue runs much deeper than that and I think the change was long overdue.

#10 2019-06-01 17:55:05

sigmen4020

Post apocalyptic wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Also the dying baby thing is very very annoying extremely i have like maybe 50 babies and only 2 stayed heh

Pretty ironic that you are complaining about that, since you were a big part of that problem when /dying to get Eve was still a thing, judging from what you have written.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#11 2019-06-01 21:14:31

BladeWoods

The main reason for the eve change is because players are limited. There can only be a limited amount of lineages. Lineages were dying short cause not enough babies.

Board footer