One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-31 17:26:27

dankm00dy

Re: Problem- Cannot Eve

I completely agree with OP. I have not posted on the forums before, but I have sunk A LOT of time in this game. These latest changes to limited Eve spawns actually pushed me to join the forums because of my concerns.

Ever since the start, I have been an early game player. I can't stand late game civilizations and would honestly rather just do something else then be stuck in one (unless I think I can actually smith without everyone and their mom trying to "help").

While I used to be an Eve player, the last few months I have spent 99% of my playtime in Gen 2-7 civilizations. So this isn't about being an Eve for me in particular (although I do enjoy it).  This is about lack of options, especially in the early game. I tested this yesterday and there were only three families I could join. One of those was an eve without a name and the other two were super advanced civilizations. The result? I went and played something else.

I think Jason does a great job, but I do fear the direction the game is going in this regard. I feel like early civilizations are going to become even more and more rare as the game continues to expand. And frankly, it will likely lead to me just quitting if end-game is going to be basically forced on everyone.

I understand that there were too many Eves, but this is just way too drastic in my opinion. I understand Jason wants trade and conflict in the game, but I really hope too much isn't sacrificed to achieve these elements...

Last edited by dankm00dy (2019-05-31 17:36:54)

#27 2019-05-31 17:47:50

FeignedSanity

Everyone talks about "losing players". Not everyone will like the same thing. For every player you lose, you could very well gain one because of the changes that made the other leave. It's not entirely unreasonable to say you could very well gain two or more for every player lost. Players come and go all the time. People like Spoonwood that want a game everyone can play their own way quite often leads to an unfocused mess. As one of my favorite video game reviewers said, "a game where the player can do anything, focuses on nothing".

Just something I wanted to mention to those crying out for the whole "let me have a game that lets me the everything MY way". Sometimes that just doesn't work. Quite often, playing a game YOUR way could very easily ruin the game for others. If half the player base is playing as eves, and there's not enough people to reasonably maintain a city's longevity, then the players playing as eves are essentially ruining the game for the other players. This is the same argument for a lot of people that are called griefers (minus the ones whose sole intention is to cause grief). A lot of people called griefers are just people playing the game the way they enjoy it (again, excluding the ones whose intention is to cause misery).

So, long story short, Spoonwood is a griefer Kappa tongue

Last edited by FeignedSanity (2019-05-31 17:49:15)

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#28 2019-05-31 18:17:50

dankm00dy

FeignedSanity wrote:

Everyone talks about "losing players". Not everyone will like the same thing. For every player you lose, you could very well gain one because of the changes that made the other leave. It's not entirely unreasonable to say you could very well gain two or more for every player lost. Players come and go all the time. People like Spoonwood that want a game everyone can play their own way quite often leads to an unfocused mess. As one of my favorite video game reviewers said, "a game where the player can do anything, focuses on nothing".

Just something I wanted to mention to those crying out for the whole "let me have a game that lets me the everything MY way". Sometimes that just doesn't work. Quite often, playing a game YOUR way could very easily ruin the game for others. If half the player base is playing as eves, and there's not enough people to reasonably maintain a city's longevity, then the players playing as eves are essentially ruining the game for the other players. This is the same argument for a lot of people that are called griefers (minus the ones whose sole intention is to cause grief). A lot of people called griefers are just people playing the game the way they enjoy it (again, excluding the ones whose intention is to cause misery).

So, long story short, Spoonwood is a griefer Kappa tongue

You really think the player base is going to increase at this point? Outside of the game going on sale (even then it'd just be temporary), the player-base is going to steadily decline. So yes, losing players should certainly be a concern. Especially long-time players.

And you are characterizing our concerns basically as us being man-children. Maybe...just maybe... the changes went too far too fast. A good chunk of the player-base has ALWAYS preferred early-game to late-game and the extremely limited eve spawns drastically cuts into that. I don't have an issue with limited Eve spawns. I agree it's likely needed. But it's been in the game forever, so essentially eliminating them is extremely frustrating for people.

Last edited by dankm00dy (2019-05-31 18:19:58)

#29 2019-05-31 20:31:44

Spoonwood

FeignedSanity wrote:

Everyone talks about "losing players". Not everyone will like the same thing. For every player you lose, you could very well gain one because of the changes that made the other leave.

No, there's no guarantee that things will work that way.  Players can just leave without new players coming in.  Now, that might all seem theoretical.  But, there's NO green in the following link.  It's just red, because the game just has consistently declined with respect to people playing it on Steam: https://steamcharts.com/app/595690#All  It's 4:18 P. M. as I write this, and there exist 109 people on bs2.  That's the lowest that I recall it for this time of week. 

FeignedSanity wrote:

It's not entirely unreasonable to say you could very well gain two or more for every player lost.

1. Players don't lack of control in general.  Some might, but not as a trend.  Rimworld is VERY popular game.  You should see the amount of control that people have in that game.  I mean people have the options the designer has, and in part people might like it more for that reason.

2. There's no reason to expect such a priori.  And with people complaining AND a consistent downward trending pattern, I don't see why you would expect an increase in the playerbase.

FeignedSanity wrote:

Players come and go all the time. People like Spoonwood that want a game everyone can play their own way quite often leads to an unfocused mess.

Nope.  Rimworld vanilla is not an unfocused mess.  Rimworld has tons of mods also.  It's still not an unfocused mess.  Another game that I have played a lot is civ III.  People made utility programs to give them more control like being able to pick a start more quickly for what they want, or have easier access to information about the map at a given time.  The utility programs do NOT lead to the game as an unfocused mess.  Additionally, player control has the opposite result.  When people can pick what they want and then they pick it, they become more focused.

FeignedSanity wrote:

As one of my favorite video game reviewers said, "a game where the player can do anything, focuses on nothing".

So what?  It doesn't matter what the game envisions, it matters what people want and/or will choose to play.

FeignedSanity wrote:

If half the player base is playing as eves, and there's not enough people to reasonably maintain a city's longevity, then the players playing as eves are essentially ruining the game for the other players.

No, they are NOT.  You do NOT play the game for your children.  You don't have children, that doesn't ruin your play, because you having children in the game isn't something that you do actively.  It's something that happens to you.  Especially now since fertility mechanics are irrelevant with respect to lineage survival.

FeignedSanity wrote:

This is the same argument for a lot of people that are called griefers (minus the ones whose sole intention is to cause grief). A lot of people called griefers are just people playing the game the way they enjoy it (again, excluding the ones whose intention is to cause misery).

No, it's NOT the same argument.  Griefers HARM other players.  Not playing in a given family is NOT and was NOT harming other people or their resources.  Griefers try to harm others by killing them or destroying people's resources (food, animals, kindling, buckets, tarry spots, etc.).  Suiciding to Eve didn't limit the ability of other player's, because people could still make things just as easily in their 60 minutes tops as they could as they can now.

Additionally, I haven't played on bs2 since before the sword update.  So, calling me a griefer just doesn't work on that basis also, since if someone isn't playing, they just can't be griefing.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-05-31 20:32:30)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#30 2019-05-31 20:44:33

MrChuckleteeth

Hi MissImmortal!

It's a shame you cannot play as Eve as often as you'd like anymore. Unfortunately, that doesn't excuse your recent behavior.

I saw your last stream (here's a link to the video): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432336870##

Not only did you excuse your griefing by saying you were bored and had to find some "entertainment for yourself", you also went about the rest of your stream actively undermining what others had worked hours for.

So quit your whining and your immature behavior, if you don't want to play this game, then get out and don't come back. Don't pretend like jason or anyone here "owes" you anything, and certainly don't be delusional enough to use that as justification.

Quick Edit: I can see Spoonwood is trolling in this thread too.

Last edited by MrChuckleteeth (2019-05-31 20:46:11)

#31 2019-05-31 22:15:19

Spoonwood

MrChuckleteeth wrote:

So quit your whining and your immature behavior, if you don't want to play this game, then get out and don't come back. Don't pretend like jason or anyone here "owes" you anything, and certainly don't be delusional enough to use that as justification.

Complaining means customer dissatistfcation.  Customers have a right to complain.  Jason is also not owed only positive language your complaint about other people complaining really doesn't mean much.

That doesn't mean you don't have a point about her griefing though.

Danish Clinch.

#32 2019-06-01 10:06:25

RodneyC86

MrChuckleteeth wrote:

Hi MissImmortal!

It's a shame you cannot play as Eve as often as you'd like anymore. Unfortunately, that doesn't excuse your recent behavior.

I saw your last stream (here's a link to the video): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432336870##

Not only did you excuse your griefing by saying you were bored and had to find some "entertainment for yourself", you also went about the rest of your stream actively undermining what others had worked hours for.

Yikes, and this person held up a veneer of appearing like a decent person in this post. Psychopathy, sorry to say

#33 2019-06-01 12:07:05

Spoonwood

RodneyC86 wrote:
MrChuckleteeth wrote:

Hi MissImmortal!

Yikes, and this person held up a veneer of appearing like a decent person in this post. Psychopathy, sorry to say

According to Wikipedia, "Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits." https://archive.is/sDmAD

MissImortal, griefed on one evening so far as we know.  So, I don't think it's fair to characterize such as psychopathy, since a behavior occurring once does NOT make such behavior persistent.

Danish Clinch.

#34 2019-06-01 12:23:09

RodneyC86

Spoonwood wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:
MrChuckleteeth wrote:

Hi MissImmortal!

According to Wikipedia, "Psychopathy is traditionally a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits." https://archive.is/sDmAD

MissImortal, griefed on one evening so far as we know.  So, I don't think it's fair to characterize such as psychopathy, since a behavior occurring once does NOT make such behavior persistent.

That remains to be seen. The seeds are there. Fair enough.
Wasn't there a part about psychopaths usually being charismatic on the surface?

#35 2019-06-01 13:51:01

Solbusaur

Spoonwood wrote:

I've seen MissImmortal play on Twitch before.  It was before swords got put into the game and all that.  I can vouch for her NOT being a griefer who just wants to be an Eve to not have cursing consequences for bad behavior.  Not from what I've seen.

I also agree that killing off the ability to Eve for players unless by random chance kills off enjoyment for many people (not all people though, of course).  And I mean, being an Eve out in the wild, able to find a new place starting from scratch, not some pseudo-Eve nonsense... I mean not being able to play as a true Eve by choice.

I'm pretty sure Jason has a trolley problem here. Either cut out the Eve-ing and Eve-griefing playerbase, or ignore the griefer playerbase and let a portion of Eves constantly attack towns across the server

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#36 2019-06-01 14:00:25

Tarr
Banned

Solbusaur wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I've seen MissImmortal play on Twitch before.  It was before swords got put into the game and all that.  I can vouch for her NOT being a griefer who just wants to be an Eve to not have cursing consequences for bad behavior.  Not from what I've seen.

I also agree that killing off the ability to Eve for players unless by random chance kills off enjoyment for many people (not all people though, of course).  And I mean, being an Eve out in the wild, able to find a new place starting from scratch, not some pseudo-Eve nonsense... I mean not being able to play as a true Eve by choice.

I'm pretty sure Jason has a trolley problem here. Either cut out the Eve-ing and Eve-griefing playerbase, or ignore the griefer playerbase and let a portion of Eves constantly attack towns across the server

Yeah, he can't just allow mass eveing from a troll point because it leads to Eves constantly spawning and attacking any sort of settlement nearby. If only we had a curse system or something to deal with anonymous Eve attackers smile

From a balance standpoint, he can't let mass eveing occur because it weakens all the families on the server. Can't have 20 families on the server with <100 people. This just leads to towns of places being too weak to survive sid babies. As much as people want to play constant Eves it's just not viable for everyone to do due to stuff like area bans keeping people out of places they would want alive and what not.

fug it’s Tarr.

#37 2019-06-01 14:01:03

futurebird

Solbusaur wrote:

There has to be a way to find a balance. That's why I think we need some kind of system where you can choose to Eve but not all the time every life. And I think some of the Eve spawns, maybe half should be in virgin untouched areas. That would add more variety.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#38 2019-06-01 14:05:10

Solbusaur

futurebird wrote:

There has to be a way to find a balance. That's why I think we need some kind of system where you can choose to Eve but not all the time every life. And I think some of the Eve spawns, maybe half should be in virgin untouched areas. That would add more variety.

He did mention using Eve tokens. I don't know why he didn't go through with that, it sounded fair

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#39 2019-06-01 14:15:10

Spoonwood

Solbusaur wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

No, there exist more possibilities.  Jason could go back to the old Eve spiral and/or have the ability for people to curse outside of their lineages with an Eve button in the game.  That would increase player control, while also making it more difficult for a player to be a griefer Eve.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-06-01 14:15:50)

Danish Clinch.

#40 2019-06-01 23:04:35

wio

MissImmortal wrote:

Unfortunately no sad No chance to choose the last name, gotta wait through 10 mins or so to get old enough, and would have to run super super far (about 10 mins or so at least) to get far enough away from the parent town to make it worth Eve'ing

So at least, you're making it to a potential area by the time you're 20. Takes a couple minutes from there to find a good spot, maybe another 5 minutes... Then you have 5 years of fertility left?

The other option is to play on the other servers. This will give you a true Eve experience, but you are much less likely to have children.

Last edited by wio (2019-06-01 23:04:49)

#41 2019-06-01 23:31:33

Spoonwood

wio wrote:
MissImmortal wrote:

Unfortunately no sad No chance to choose the last name, gotta wait through 10 mins or so to get old enough, and would have to run super super far (about 10 mins or so at least) to get far enough away from the parent town to make it worth Eve'ing

So at least, you're making it to a potential area by the time you're 20. Takes a couple minutes from there to find a good spot, maybe another 5 minutes... Then you have 5 years of fertility left?

The other option is to play on the other servers. This will give you a true Eve experience, but you are much less likely to have children.

I've done that quite a bit myself.  I don't agree that it has that much similarity to an Eve trying to make a legacy possible.  Personally, playing on low pop servers, I'll run around for a long time trying to find a spot or spent time making a mouflon hide for myself before even making a fire.  There's no need to push getting up a settlement before I feel like it so as long as I can live to 60.  The biggest concern with wandering around an entire life on a low pop server, in my opinion, is getting killed by a wild animal or not paying enough attention to your pip bar, and really I think it's getting killed by a wild animal.  It's not convenient having only wild food yum, but it's not the end.

Danish Clinch.

#42 2019-06-01 23:34:20

futurebird

Everyone wants people to be their kids and grand kids and build up the town they started but not enough people want to be the kids and great grand kids who build up the town started by someone else.

Especially with old towns people get in this "there's nothing to do" mode and it's frustrating if you are working really hard trying to keep the town going.

The longer a line lasts the more incentive there should be for it to last longer.

I just had a really  wild idea to encourage that... but I'll put it in another thread.

---
omnem cibum costis

#43 2019-06-02 00:25:35

FeignedSanity

dankm00dy wrote:

You really think the player base is going to increase at this point? Outside of the game going on sale (even then it'd just be temporary), the player-base is going to steadily decline. So yes, losing players should certainly be a concern. Especially long-time players.

And you are characterizing our concerns basically as us being man-children. Maybe...just maybe... the changes went too far too fast. A good chunk of the player-base has ALWAYS preferred early-game to late-game and the extremely limited eve spawns drastically cuts into that. I don't have an issue with limited Eve spawns. I agree it's likely needed. But it's been in the game forever, so essentially eliminating them is extremely frustrating for people.

I think it very well could. It could also just die out and lose profitability to the point Jason moves on to the next means of supporting his family. There are plentiful examples of games that have "come back from the dead", so to speak. And mind you, I don't consider this game dead by any means. I'm merely talking to the individuals that herald this game's death as some sort of guarantee. I never once said that it would, only that it could. Six months, or a year, down the road, this could very well be the next big thing; and it could very well be a result of the changes people have claimed will kill this game. There are far too many people...some more than others, that act like their word is absolute. My comment was directed at people with that mindset.

And whose concerns do you think I have belittled? Who do you believe I have accused of being a "man-child"? The only thing I can think of is where I used "crying out for"; which did not mean literally crying with tears and the works. It's a term for earnestly and passionately calling for something, which I believe fits the bill. Again, I don't believe there was anything I said that was disrespectful in anyway. I believe I was being fair and respectful, just urging caution and something to consider for those that are inflexible and obstinate, and more so for those that are heading in that direction.

#44 2019-06-02 01:03:46

FeignedSanity

Spoonwood wrote:

Oh boy, my FAVORITE thing to do, debating Spoonwood -_-

I really want to spend as little time on this as possible, so I'll try to be brief as possible.

I never once claimed anything was a guarantee, only a possibility. I swear, you seem to be one of the worst people when it comes to ignoring important details and putting words in people's mouth's. I also don't expect this game to rocket off and be the next big hit, but I believe it is quite possible. I believe the game does have potential, even in the direction Jason takes it. I believe it could also be very profitable (if a lot more shallow) in the direction you want to take it. Disagreeing is fine, that's just my belief.

And while I don't think steam numbers are the end all be all, I don't claim that they should be entirely ignored. If you consider the data grim, I would agree that it would appear so. But like I said in an earlier response, many games have been known to make a resurgence. It's not entirely uncommon. So until the day Jason drops this game and moves on to something else, I wont count out that possibility.

That's great for Rimworld. I haven't the slightest idea about this game. In fact, I've never even heard of it. But if it's doing very well following the ideals you are fond of, then that's just neat-o. But that's not the only way to make a game a success. First off, I never said that full and unlimited control is inherently bad, just that it CAN (gonna pull a Spoonwood here lol) lead to an unfocused mess. Anyway, I'm already growing weary of this whole thing, so I'll leave it at that.

Lastly, anything can "harm" a player. Anything you do could cause grief for another player. If the last fertile female of a village is about to grow old, and their last kid comes along (as a girl), and that girl intentionally suicides to play as an eve, everyone in that village (assuming everyone cared about the village) now feels grief. That player in question just wanted to play their way, you can argue there's nothing wrong with that. But the fact of the matter is that they have ruined the villagers' experience. The village will now die because of the selfish actions of one player. NOW LET ME PUT THIS IN CAPS, BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST GUARANTEED, WITH YOU, THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MISS THIS. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A BAD THING TO DO. But how is that any different from a someone running along with a sword and killing a family? Someone was just playing the game they wanted to play. The result was the same. Sure you can argue (and I'm sure you will) that they are different because one had murder, or some other trivial reason; but that's not the point.

Anyway, this has gone on way longer than was productive...which basically would've been the same point that I typed my very first word, but eh. Regardless, I will end it here.

"Have a nice day."

Last edited by FeignedSanity (2019-06-02 01:06:01)

#45 2019-06-02 03:18:13

dankm00dy

I think it very well could. It could also just die out and lose profitability to the point Jason moves on to the next means of supporting his family. There are plentiful examples of games that have "come back from the dead", so to speak. And mind you, I don't consider this game dead by any means. I'm merely talking to the individuals that herald this game's death as some sort of guarantee. I never once said that it would, only that it could. Six months, or a year, down the road, this could very well be the next big thing; and it could very well be a result of the changes people have claimed will kill this game. There are far too many people...some more than others, that act like their word is absolute. My comment was directed at people with that mindset.

And whose concerns do you think I have belittled? Who do you believe I have accused of being a "man-child"? The only thing I can think of is where I used "crying out for"; which did not mean literally crying with tears and the works. It's a term for earnestly and passionately calling for something, which I believe fits the bill. Again, I don't believe there was anything I said that was disrespectful in anyway. I believe I was being fair and respectful, just urging caution and something to consider for those that are inflexible and obstinate, and more so for those that are heading in that direction.

Alright, I think I misinterpreted the tone of your post so I apologize if I came off rude. I have just been rather unhappy with the state of the game and was in a bad mood when I wrote the post.

I just think the changes are too drastic and are going to alienate a good chunk of the player-base. I feel like it's a roll of a dice whether there's going to be a civilization I actually want to play in when I login and this has never been an issue before. I have actually been very supportive of the changes Jason has made since I bought the game 8 months ago, but I am not sure I like the direction the game is going now. It's starting to feel like a different game in some ways.. and I really haven't been playing much anymore because of it.

Last edited by dankm00dy (2019-06-02 03:20:14)

#46 2019-06-02 03:31:24

dankm00dy

RodneyC86 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:

You're making quite the judgement about someone's character here. How about you leave things like this to a psychiatrist? I don't support griefing but you are taking quite a leap here..

#47 2019-06-02 03:39:31

RodneyC86

dankm00dy wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

You're making quite the judgement about someone's character here. How about you leave things like this to a psychiatrist? I don't support griefing but you are taking quite a leap here..

Heh, sorry I'm disinhibited on the nets. I'm just calling it as I see it, nothing grinds my gears more than people who are are nice on the surface but proceeds to grief others behind.  I don't feel the obligation to hold back against these sort of persons.

Peace

#48 2019-06-02 04:01:09

Spoonwood

Interesting response FeignedSanity.

FeignedSanity wrote:

First off, I never said that full and unlimited control is inherently bad, just that it CAN (gonna pull a Spoonwood here lol) lead to an unfocused mess. Anyway, I'm already growing weary of this whole thing, so I'll leave it at that.

Do you have any examples of where that happened with a game?

FeignedSanity wrote:

The village will now die because of the selfish actions of one player. NOW LET ME PUT THIS IN CAPS, BECAUSE IT'S ALMOST GUARANTEED, WITH YOU, THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MISS THIS. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A BAD THING TO DO. But how is that any different from a someone running along with a sword and killing a family? Someone was just playing the game they wanted to play. The result was the same. Sure you can argue (and I'm sure you will) that they are different because one had murder, or some other trivial reason; but that's not the point.

The results aren't the same though.  The people in the village without a girl could still try to accomplish something in their current life.  They could try to make a radio, an altar (don't get me started on those... I'm not a fan), a newcomen pump, a bucket, provide resources to another village, or try to teach newer players how things works (I've done that before... and found it a good idea after the last girl died out).  The slowest player can smith and it won't be a big deal, not even a small problem really since there wouldn't be any concern about leaving a place difficult to play for others.  The players can DO something.  With the murderer, they can't do something.  They are dead.  Well, whoever got murdered is.  Griefers inhibit the direct action of people.  Someone stabs you with a knife or intentionally moves a bucket for farming out of a village on a diesel water pump, what you can do becomes more limited if you can do anything at all.  The last baby girl /dying does NOT limit or destroy an individual's capacity.  It limits the family's *lineage* which isn't part of their capacity.  Capacity gets measured more by the town than the lineage (even if lineages matter more than towns).  I don't find it a trivial difference.  If I had a child who completed suicide *in real life* that child would NOT have broken any law, inhibited me, and I wouldn't consider it immoral.  If I had a child who killed me in real life, that would break a law, it would be immoral, and it would destroy any ability that I had.  One being immoral and the other not being immoral in the real world, as well as the legal difference, as well the difference in how such affects people's capacities indicates the difference as significant.

You did ask here, so I've tried to explain my position.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-06-02 04:04:56)

Danish Clinch.

#49 2019-06-02 04:12:43

futurebird

I agree with spoon? (I've been mad at him all day so I'm surprised myself) But yeah,  there is a big difference between having your town die because someone else *choose* to kill it vs. someone choosing just not to live there at all.

Killing people in a town takes time and effort. It makes you wonder what you did to deserve so much hate from someone. They had to put at least 20-40 min in to ruining the fun town you wanted to build. Even though I know griefers are just amusing themselves it still hurts. I think "why do they hate me so much? What did I do wrong?" I second guess my every action in the game... was I rude to them as a child? Could I have done a better job?

When I kid uses /die I'm a little disappointed but it's not personal. They didn't invest time to hurt me. And I don't feel I have any right to their time.

Also as spoon explained if you are dead your game is over. You won't see that town again for a long time. If you are like me and play the game as a break and don't often play back to back "I'll play one game then go back to doing housework, programming whatever" it means my fun time is over early.

Now I do think that murder belongs in the game. And I think it's less of an issue now than when the sword was new, but we would be in better shape with the old curse system.

---
omnem cibum costis

Board footer