One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-03 06:03:44

Drakulon

Horses are too dangerous to ride

Alot of my deaths happen when i run into a wolf or a bear. It happens more often than starving to me.
If you run around and explore, it is sometimes very difficult to avoid.
If you get unlucky a wolf/bear might randomly run exactly in your direction while you run towards it, this will most likely kill you without having a chance to avoid it.
(Also very annoying are wolfs/bears that hide behind trees)
For me its very frustrating to die like this. It feels like I had no chance to avoid death.
Now this problem happens to me when I not use horses.
When i step on a horse I am  suddenly twice as fast and it feels like a suicide ride.

To solve this problem i would like to see:
- Bigger render distance (zooming out 2x - 3x). If we can see more tiles it will be easier to avoid dangerous animals. I think this also helps with alot of other problems and would greatly improve the game.
- WASD movement (using keys to move around). This would make it easier to react fast and maybe more convenient to move around in general.
- No instant death. We need maybe an health bar to make this possible. So when you get hit by something you lose health or hunger instead of immediately dieing. (would also improve pvp?)

I found this gif from InSpace, which fits very well
giphy.gif

Last edited by Drakulon (2018-04-03 06:05:12)

#2 2018-04-03 06:11:00

Kouyate

Re: Horses are too dangerous to ride

You really shouldn't be breaknecking it through the wilderness. Save that for the main roads.

#3 2018-04-03 06:42:11

InSpace

Re: Horses are too dangerous to ride

I got a need for speed

Board footer