You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-30 00:09:57

jasonrohrer
Administrator

A tiny little commit you might want to look at

#2 2019-05-30 00:12:18

Don Holm

Re: A tiny little commit you might want to look at

Yes, this is amazing! Now we won't have to worry about the baskets explosions anymore lmao

#3 2019-05-30 00:13:29

lychee

yay!

#4 2019-05-30 00:25:10

Psykout

Thank you. I think part of the storage problem was that there weren't a lot of baskets around because some just don't make them, some prefer not to use straw because it can be used for compost and that it leaves a lot of wheat piles hanging around. Definitely when this goes live I will be taking horses out to make a few trips of baskets. What 10 minutes and I can give the town 24-36 baskets, I will bite that bullet for sure since they don't decay.

#5 2019-05-30 00:27:48

FeignedSanity

Yep, saw it.....honestly not sure how to feel about it. I don't like it, but it does solve my biggest problem with baskets. I guess I'll take what I can get *shrug*

Last edited by FeignedSanity (2019-05-30 00:28:33)

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#6 2019-05-30 01:11:20

Dodge

That's great but you completely ignored everything we said in your commit https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/319

Baskets in boxes are not practical at all.

Doesn't having a kitchen with table make sense?

Obviously there shouldnt be one specific container for each item but it would be for group of items or categories

Like clothes going in a closet, plates and bowl with food going on a table etc.

You can even check what objects cause the most clutter and prioritize a solution for those.

And also from an aesthetic point of view it makes the game more interesting than to see the same objects used for the same stuff, lack of diversity.

#7 2019-05-30 01:19:02

Jk Howling

Dodge wrote:

That's great but you completely ignored everything we said in your commit https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/319

Baskets in boxes are not practical at all.

Doesn't having a kitchen with table make sense?

Obviously there shouldnt be one specific container for each item but it would be for group of items or categories

Like clothes going in a closet, plates and bowl with food going on a table etc.

You can even check what objects cause the most clutter and prioritize a solution for those.

And also from an aesthetic point of view it makes the game more interesting than to see the same objects used for the same stuff, lack of diversity.

I think you missed this commit?

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeD … c94554828f

"Added slot-box for small items than can hold 10 with no sub-containers."
"Wooden Box with Slot Notches"

Not quite tables but it's something to hold 10 small items without using baskets, so that's a win I think.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-05-30 01:20:11)

-Has ascended to better games-

#8 2019-05-30 04:13:17

Tarr
Banned

Aren't these just more expensive and worse boxes? Making baskets not decay now basically means these things aren't exactly super useful unless you're being lazy and can't be asked to click something an extra time or two.

These things cost 1.5x as much as a normal box while holding less which seems like a bad trade off. I think these things along with making baskets with thread are just noob traps for players who don't know any better. I'm glad to see you're willing to put out storage updates that aren't just more stacks but this definitely looks like a downgrade to me instead of an upgrade. Ease of use does not make up for higher cost with less storage.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2019-05-30 04:49:25

RodneyC86

Inb4 people comment WAAYYYY too many baskets tomorrow

Btw, why can't we lift stacks of baskets? Empty Baskets are not exactly very heavy and empty baskets neatly nestle into each other. Omits need to bring a handcart to go on a basket weaving trip to the swamp.
We can then still keep the decay as was desired by you earlier

I like the slotted box, but as Tarr said, now that baskets don't decay, it becomes suboptimal. Saving clicks is nice though, and I don't need an empty space to lay down a basket to grab stuff

#10 2019-05-30 06:10:19

Spoonwood

As someone who plays on a low pop server regularly, I appreciate this greatly.  But, for some reason, I'm concerned that it won't last.  Anyways... maybe I worry too much.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer