One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-28 21:40:48

Rabbitologist

So this is what if feels like to have a paralyzed daughter, huh?

So this is what it feels like, huh?
To have a totally paralyzed (player's internet connection failed...) daughter, but couldn't watch her die. I fed her and kept her alive since she was still young, and to the end of my life.
My name was Miracle, and her name was Love.
I'm now depressed.

Miracle last words
Miracle family tree

#2 2019-05-28 22:51:20

RodneyC86

Re: So this is what if feels like to have a paralyzed daughter, huh?

Crap, won't a character just die if the player loses connection? I had a crap internet routed by a potato couple weeks ago. Did I leave behind invalids?

#3 2019-05-28 23:05:52

LunyTerror

Rabbitologist wrote:

So this is what it feels like, huh?
To have a totally paralyzed (player's internet connection failed...) daughter, but couldn't watch her die. I fed her and kept her alive since she was still young, and to the end of my life.
My name was Miracle, and her name was Love.
I'm now depressed.

https://i.imgur.com/0X8cKJB.png
https://i.imgur.com/tu5lByS.png

Yikes she was murdered

I name all my boys Elias and all my girls Eylul. If you get named Elias or Eylul It's me. smile

#4 2019-05-28 23:54:01

DestinyCall

RodneyC86 wrote:

Crap, won't a character just die if the player loses connection? I had a crap internet routed by a potato couple weeks ago. Did I leave behind invalids?

Nope, you leave behind a braindead body that continues to exist until you starve to death.   This allows you to reconnect if your internet drops you.   But it also creates the weird situation where you can keep a child alive even though their "soul" is gone.   

People tend to do this with daughters, especially if you are running low on fertile females.    Ideally, you want the potato to be on or near a fire and well clothed.   It reduces their hunger drain immensely.   Then you just need to check back regularly to keep them fed.    Whole cow milk is ideal.   But if you don't have that, meat pies work too.    If I have time, I like to make a crock of stew next to the poor thing, so I know there is a fixed food supply close by.

You can also play around with yum chaining, but that gets pretty complicated since you can't see their multiplier and someone else might feed yhem while you are away.  Not really worth it, imo.

#5 2019-05-29 00:04:58

RodneyC86

DestinyCall wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:

Nope, you leave behind a braindead body that continues to exist until you starve to death.   This allows you to reconnect if your internet drops you.   But it also creates the weird situation where you can keep a child alive even though their "soul" is gone.   

People tend to do this with daughters, especially if you are running low on fertile females.    Ideally, you want the potato to be on or near a fire and well clothed.   It reduces their hunger drain immensely.   Then you just need to check back regularly to keep them fed.    Whole cow milk is ideal.   But if you don't have that, meat pies work too.    If I have time, I like to make a crock of stew next to the poor thing, so I know there is a fixed food supply close by.

You can also play around with yum chaining, but that gets pretty complicated since you can't see their multiplier and someone else might feed yhem while you are away.  Not really worth it, imo.

Oh no, feels bad. To anyone who took care of potatoes earlier part of this month, that could have been me. Think I left behind at least a dozen potatoes

#6 2019-05-29 00:06:53

testo

DestinyCall wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:

If your last female is braindead yumming her over a fire is a pretty good option. Don´t bother to care about efficiency, she will only live to forty and could save a village.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#7 2019-05-29 00:27:50

Dantox

remember that town, something nasty must have happened since there was no gingers there and no crown to be found

make bread, no war

Board footer