One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-28 17:12:04

lychee

I’m tired of the constant bickering and murders

I really love this game, and I wish for all the best for it.

But lately my motivation to play is at an all-time low. I’m just not feeling as attached to this game as I used to.

I’m sure everyone could come up with a list of reasons/explanations, but in the end, it’s really only the outcome that matters. Some aspect about the current state of OHOL is missing something that I used to feel in this game.

I don’t feel anything when the everyday mass-murder spills over on my screen. It’s not necessarily the single fault of swords or eves or griefers or close spawns (maybe it’s a mixture of everything) — all I can tell you is that it happens so *so* much now. That’s just my experience. All I feel is just emptiness and detachment.

Are murders supposed to make me feel anything?

When I log onto the forums and see so much hatred/toxicity, all I feel is jaded.

Last edited by lychee (2019-05-28 17:37:25)

#2 2019-05-28 17:31:50

paulof

Re: I’m tired of the constant bickering and murders

I feel you. As i said in the other topic i've been killed because i did a devious face as baby, wtf. People are so afraid about griefers that they are killing everyone, doing exactly what griefers want, people are being killed like sheeps. i don't blame the swords, i might be naive, its something about the human behave and the fear that bothers me. Some eves are actually good, but nobody stop to see that...

#3 2019-05-28 17:58:43

Spoonwood

I don't see much hatred or toxicity on the forums.  I more see people saying that the current system isn't good, like your post.  That's fine.  You simply have to say a system is bad when you have a bad system for things to have the possibility of changing.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-05-28 19:26:15

Psykout

Spoonwood wrote:

I don't see much hatred or toxicity on the forums.  I more see people saying that the current system isn't good, like your post.  That's fine.  You simply have to say a system is bad when you have a bad system for things to have the possibility of changing.

I direct you to stories about raiding towns for unprovoked reasons, just because it can be done. The stories were not based off hate, but they are not positive ones to anyone but the writer and those who enjoy walking that path. The more we shorten our feedback, our responses and our feelings, the less impact the changes will have. Many times we have tried to point out that your blunt and short replies seem callous, no matter what level of thought was put into them, the end result did not come through properly. We don't need more people just saying "This is bad, change it" We need more people wanting to spend effort in explaining the inner workings of their mind and willingly to try and understand what resides in the rest of us.

#5 2019-05-28 20:12:20

Spoonwood

Psykout wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I direct you to stories about raiding towns for unprovoked reasons, just because it can be done. The stories were not based off hate, but they are not positive ones to anyone but the writer and those who enjoy walking that path. The more we shorten our feedback, our responses and our feelings, the less impact the changes will have. Many times we have tried to point out that your blunt and short replies seem callous, no matter what level of thought was put into them, the end result did not come through properly. We don't need more people just saying "This is bad, change it" We need more people wanting to spend effort in explaining the inner workings of their mind and willingly to try and understand what resides in the rest of us.

So a person is more likely to read a long response than a short one?  Because my behavior pretty much works the opposite way.  As an example, with Pein's posts, I'll often skim them or read only the first few sentences.  Too many sentences coming from one person, and I'm not likely to read something.  I mean if you go on and on in repeated sentences you're just rehashing the same territory.  If one says something in 10 sentences instead of 1 and one ends up likely to loose readers.  People would rather read Descartes than Kant in part because Descartes is more concise.  You really disagree?  Well, let me say again that saying something in fewer words usually works better than more words.  You still think otherwise?  You sure that this paragraph is interesting with *one person* redundantly saying the same thing over and over again instead of just stating such in one sentence and moving?

Also, I disagree with the part about more people.  The more people say that they don't like how the bs2 game has changed, and also act accordingly, the more likely such changes likely will have an influence on Jason.  Unless he only wants a small handful of people playing on bs2 and honestly doesn't care if the numbers go down more.  And for the record, I have NOT played on bs2, other than in a tutorial area, since the xenophobia downgrade.

Have a good day Psykout.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#6 2019-05-28 20:27:03

Psykout

10 sentences is two paragraphs. Not saying you need to write a novel, but just one point blank statement leaves very little room for discussion and is very stand off, thats all I am saying. Its harder to understand what people are thinking if they hop on a post and just say "Yeah its bad, bad game" thats just an echo chamber. Actually yes, I am happy you sent an extra min or so to type out more, thank you.

I do also wish you a good day, honestly. I am not happy with recent changes either, but I don't want to come off coldly to those expressing their views either.

Board footer