One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-25 12:05:38

futurebird

CSI OHOL

One thing that feels less than real to me in the game at the moment is the way that when someone is murdered people just keep working often with a smile on their face. It's strange and creepy, and yet I'm often one of those people. Stopping to look isn't going to help matters if someone else has the village knife or sword. Either:

1. It was an accident (should not be a thing anymore thanks to SHIFT-kill! Thank god!)
2. The person killed was killed for a good reason (The killer stays still explains to people what happened, people verify that they are telling the truth and feed the killer if needed)
3. It was a murder and someone ELSE needs to be killed, the killer runs or isn't easy to be found.

In case 3 some of the time the wrong person ends up being identified as the killer. What if there were some detective tools that would help us to find the killer with a bit of work and preparation? Something beyond just listening to the testimony of the various people in town about the kill? For example if there were a way to detect if someone recently had bloody hands?

Beyond that I think reducing the number of murders will help with this issue. A murder should be a big deal and grind a town to a halt until the killer is found. Right now there are so many murders that if you did that no work would get done.

Right now I tend to assume if the killer runs or won't answer questions they must be unjustified in their actions and should be killed. If the killer stays and answers questions and the answers make sense it's ambiguous and they should be watched. If their answers are corroborated by another villager (no their twin) then they can be fully trusted again.

One edge case are what I call "Pein Kills" When the killer stays gives a reason, but their choice to kills seems kind of extreme. This also applies with someone who kills an Eve on sight, something I'll never agree with. These people need to be watched and asked not to do it again... and it kind of depends on how much the other villagers support their choice.

How do you investigate murders?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-05-25 15:41:03

Friendly Isopod

Re: CSI OHOL

futurebird wrote:

What if there were some detective tools that would help us to find the killer with a bit of work and preparation? Something beyond just listening to the testimony of the various people in town about the kill? For example if there were a way to detect if someone recently had bloody hands?

That's a great idea! I'd be all for having some way to detect recently bloody hands. Something like that wouldn't be foolproof either, which is good. Much of the time it wouldn't surely implicate the murderer, because they could claim they killed someone else for legit reasons. And if there were multiple murders, how could you prove they were the one who killed that one person and not that they killed the griefer ruining all the tools? But it would be pretty obvious what happened if there was a single murder at the edge of town and the person started running when people wanted to test their hands for blood.

Board footer