One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 02:17:25

Gederian

Ability to add signs

I don't use reddit so I guess if someone likes this idea enough they will post it there for us!

There should be a sign object you can program via the chat feature (e.g. click the sign then say something to save it).

When someone clicks the sign, their chat bubble pops up with what you said as if they were reading it out loud.

#2 2018-03-31 02:22:46

jord1990

Re: Ability to add signs

Sorry to say buddy, but you are not the first one and most likely won't be the last one either. There has been allot of talk about any form of writing, but it seems jason doesn't want to move that direction (atleast for now). Another inherrent risk of signs in an unmoderated environment is that there is allot of immature people who will put anything on it for shits and giggles. If you don't believe me feel free to check out the funny first names and last names topic...... So if they get implented I hope it will work with some kind of list (just like the names)

#3 2018-03-31 02:29:45

Gederian

Bummer. People suck. Maybe have some fixed messages like arrows pointing to food and simple sayings like "Don't Touch"

Last edited by Gederian (2018-03-31 02:29:58)

#4 2018-03-31 04:23:19

Lily

What about premade signs? Get some chalk and each time you get it you cycle through preset ones, like you do with tool heads when smiting. We all know the sign we most want is to tell people not to eat this or that. So it isn't like we need anything crazy. Just like a mouth with a hand fully of berries flying into it with a slash through it or something. A few other options for other purposes, like bear warning or an directions to cities or something would be nice.

#5 2018-04-02 17:45:01

SSDarkMoon

Writing is an important and hard thing to begin and learn.
As an example, if we make a wood sign with words, any people with a Carving knife can write on the sign but no need to prove the character have knowledge?

if we have a pen and a book, any people can write without learning Writing?

even 1500AD not every one know how to write.
Ancient times,only noble or rich man have ways to learn words.

And here is just the beginning.....

may be material refining do not need knowledge.
but make material to be components, there should require a level of knowledge.

My suggestion is add a system call [knowledge],while new born is 0.
every year add 1 point.
read books or some kind of things can add points.
high level product require knowledge point(won't consume).
make high level product will gain points.

Board footer