One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-24 04:29:44

Dantox

Thoughts on eves on town?

In-game i have been seeing some hatred for eves now, and i kinda get the why, however what are your thought on legit eves who try to settle on the town? i have been seeing people that are trying to kill any eves or non-relateds that try to settle in and for one part i see the potential danger of another family line growing on town that can lead to some good old griefing but for the other part it doesnt feel right to kill someone who was just trying to play cool with another family, so whenever a fight breaks in town about killing or not killing the foreigner i always get quiet and just watch, so i wanted to ask you guys what are your thoughts on it to clear a little my mind on the issue

make bread, no war

#2 2019-05-24 04:37:28

TheGame

Re: Thoughts on eves on town?

I dont like to kill unless there is a reason.  If the Eve or outsider seems to be helping the town, I let them be.   The problem isn't necesarily with the Eve.  All it takes is one descendant of that Eve with a sword, and the killing will start.  I get why people kill Eves on sight.  It sucks when your village goes all out killing instead of making sure there's food and water.  I had two villages today that resorted to a murder fest.  The first one my family was slaughterd, the second one, my family was the one that survived, but still suffered casualties.  It's too easy for an Eve to grief, so many choose to kill them all to avoid the problem.

Not sure what can be done to stop it other than nerfing the sword.  It's not hard for an Eve to get  a sword, in any life where I go exploring, I usually find a backpack with a sword somewhere in the wilderness.

I've only been playing for a month, so I'm sure there's other solutions that I just can't think of

#3 2019-05-24 05:01:45

RodneyC86

Unfortunately , I also choose to kill Eves if they refuse to leave I will show my angry face while holding a bow to chase then out. If they done get out in 2 minutes, you will be fired upon. I'm not sorry. Now I understand the perso. Behind the Eve is likely not a griefer, but the chance of a nutjob popping out within the next generations is so high I cannot  in my conscience allow my direct family to come to harm by allowing an eve in .

I have thought of some ideas, some definitely already been suggested

Marriage, marrying turns the foreign family into inlaws and swords don't work Vs each other family anymore, as if family. This carries on until no more married couples between the two families are alive

Something to restrain. I know slavery is godawful in these day and age but I'm afraid it's the only way I can allow some foreigner to stay. All foreigners must be kept on shackles and ball weight to slow their movement and unable to carry weapons or steel tools of any kind due to the restraint in mobility. They can still do manual farming work and gathering resource
If an eve wants to stay, she must willingly submit herself to the chains, and her future generations as well. So long as threat of swords are present

Best idea is of course, get rid of swords
It's too early to play war and genocide with only 10-20 people per village on average

#4 2019-05-24 06:02:35

Baker

I would personally rather them settle elsewhere because even if they themselves are good, their descendants may not be.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#5 2019-05-24 06:08:17

Psykout

Baker wrote:

I would personally rather them settle elsewhere because even if they themselves are good, their descendants may not be.

Very much this sadly. Even if the eve is great and friendly the chance of their descendants causing problems down the road is very high.

#6 2019-05-24 08:41:54

futurebird

The chances of your kids causing problems down the line is high, but you don't preemptively feed them to wolves. The swords in't OP anymore you can stop someone who uses one.

Really if a good Eve comes to town that increases the chance of the town surviving because you have more kids.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#7 2019-05-24 09:13:45

RodneyC86

futurebird wrote:

The chances of your kids causing problems down the line is high, but you don't preemptively feed them to wolves. The swords in't OP anymore you can stop someone who uses one.

Really if a good Eve comes to town that increases the chance of the town surviving because you have more kids.

Problem is though I notice having just one bad egg can trigger escalating paranoia between two large families in a same town. A third or fourth family will also get drawn in somehow. The effects carries beyond just one griefing family member

#8 2019-05-24 09:31:12

Astelon

futurebird wrote:

A kid in your family can actually be punished, instead of getting sent over to another family, or possibly coming back as an eve and attacking. Can you rely on the other family cursing him when even "local" griefers often get others framed?

#9 2019-05-24 13:58:44

Potjeh

There is zero benefits from letting foreigners live, and plenty of drawbacks. All foreigners must die, not just Eves.

#10 2019-05-24 14:07:01

futurebird

Potjeh wrote:

There is zero benefits from letting foreigners live, and plenty of drawbacks. All foreigners must die, not just Eves.

So if you are born in a multi family town you go about trying to kill off the other family? You do realize this makes YOU the griefer everyone has been saying would be born some day?

---
omnem cibum costis

#11 2019-05-24 14:18:17

Potjeh

No, I just /die because those towns are a disaster waiting to happen.

#12 2019-05-24 14:25:40

futurebird

Potjeh wrote:

No, I just /die because those towns are a disaster waiting to happen.

No more than other town in my limited experience. You have some kid who is pure Evil or some creepy dude comes to town on a horse. My only recent peaceful lives were it multi family towns. One of the worst lives was with some woman who wanted to kill every Eve on sight and most of the people in the town didn't agree. I gave one eve some food and just told her to run. Later that woman died to a pig and we got a new family. They helped a lot but didn't have many girls because by the time I died it was just my family again. But we had the first level of pump and two wells thanks to their work.

---
omnem cibum costis

Board footer