One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-02 11:19:39

vfabien21

going alone ?

Hello,

I have just read that a few players have successfully travelled far away from existing settlements to live on their own. Is it a suitable strategy for a child (not born as adult eve) ?
I suppose at least to learn the ropes of the game I guess.

Last edited by vfabien21 (2018-03-02 15:41:47)

#2 2018-03-02 11:33:47

PurpleA

Re: going alone ?

I've spent whole lifetimes alone and roaming the world, finding old settlements and replanting them etc. It's definitely possible, although progress is slow. It's also a lot easier as a man than as an Eve - as looking after the little ones takes it's toll.

My approach is to use those lives alone to gather resources together and replant so that future generations might use that space when they stumble upon it and have a chance to survive.

#3 2018-03-02 21:51:53

TyrantNomad

Re: going alone ?

If you feel like you can learn things by yourself (looking at crafting recipes, trying and figuring it out as you go etc) - I'd say that living a few lives building a solo base with a farm is essential for you to learn how to live in larger villages.

Currently, most villagers rely completely on the base for sustenance - but it's actually very hard to progress only off of local resources. Villages suffer from rapid entropy and are better off if most of their citizens are actually constantly traveling, taking care of themselves, and bringing resources back to the base.

Board footer